Land Prices In Nong Khai

Hi there everybody,

This is my very first post here.

I have read through many threads and love the site, thank you for all the usefull information

Myself and the wife are looking for roughly 10 rai of land to set up a small farm outside of Nong Khai and was wondering what is the going prices for land.

My brother in law recently found out for us about a piece of land 3 rai 4 KM from town and the asking price was K330 per rai way to steep I should think (I hope this is not the going rate)

We do prefer the following for the land if possible (this might help with the estimate of the land)

1 not to close to town 10 or 15 km out will be fine (even further will not be a problem)

2 With a water supply prefrable

3 With a low voltage electricity supply prefrebale

4 Low-lying land

5 with a chanote

6 With a dam on prefreable

Will highly appreciate any additional feedback from you guys.

Cheers Tony

OP Tony Lets see, not been here long or not here yet. Have some dream of living in a big farang house with a small hobbie farm. Want Charnote, main road land, but want to pay for back block Crown owned rice paddy. Try before you buy, Issan is littered with farang houses, those who came built, went stir crazy and left. Takes a certain type to live the rural life. Think hard before you commit. Jim

• Like 1

Jim,

Thank you for your concern.

We have a house 7 Km outside of Nong Khai however the land that it is built on is not very big nor is the house.

You are correct I do not live in Thailand permanently yet, but spend 2 months a year there (in Nong Khai) and love every minute of it.

We also have a small house in Samut Prakan but we hardly spend any time there (basically a transit point between airport and the bus station to go to Nong Khai).

I do not hate the city life but I can hardly say that I love it, I feel cramped in with no open space.

I am a farm boy you see grew up on a farm with just the basics.

We (my wife is Thai from nong Khai) plan to move to Thailand perrmanently in a few years time and to live in Isaan there is no question about that.

We would just like to know what is the going rate for land at the moment (even if it is just land but needs a chanote), will be a good idea to buy now for use later.

We are getting diffirent feed back from friends we talk to.

Thanks again for your reply.

Jim,

Thank you for your concern.

We have a house 7 Km outside of Nong Khai however the land that it is built on is not very big nor is the house.

You are correct I do not live in Thailand permanently yet, but spend 2 months a year there (in Nong Khai) and love every minute of it.

We also have a small house in Samut Prakan but we hardly spend any time there (basically a transit point between airport and the bus station to go to Nong Khai).

I do not hate the city life but I can hardly say that I love it, I feel cramped in with no open space.

I am a farm boy you see grew up on a farm with just the basics.

We (my wife is Thai from nong Khai) plan to move to Thailand perrmanently in a few years time and to live in Isaan there is no question about that.

We would just like to know what is the going rate for land at the moment (even if it is just land but needs a chanote), will be a good idea to buy now for use later.

We are getting diffirent feed back from friends we talk to.

Thanks again for your reply.

Best of luck, think you maybe surprised at how much good land costs now. Everything has gone through the roof over the last few years. Can tell you if I came here now instead of nine years ago, I could not afford it. Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Its not Nong Khai but my inlaws have paid 45000 per Rai for Chanote title rice paddies just outside of Khon Kaen if that's gives u abit of an idea

Good luck prices vary so much over here and depend on so many variables

Its not Nong Khai but my inlaws have paid 45000 per Rai for Chanote title rice paddies just outside of Khon Kaen if that's gives u abit of an idea

We have found land, 32 rai with a chanote near Phon Phisai 90km from Bung Khan for 51k a rai.

The land is fenced in with a bore hole and a dam on it.

The wife is in Isaan at the moment and says the land is above water with all the rain that they have had there, Also is not rice padi land.

Does this sound like a good price?

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers T

We have found land, 32 rai with a chanote near Phon Phisai 90km from Bung Khan for 51k a rai.

The wife is in Isaan at the moment and says the land is above water with all the rain that they have had there, Also is not rice padi land.

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers T

I cannot really help. I bought land 12 to 15 years ago .Then it was only B4,000 per rai. My shack on 1 Rai of land was B50,000. In my area, depending on possible land use , Raw land now, is between ,B40,000 and B60,000 . My house block, most probablyB250,000.Rubber planted on it? WHEE!!!!. No chanote land in those days. This is in A.Ban Kruat, C. Buriram

Edited by afarang

Appreciate any feedback. Sounds a very good price if it has charnote, but be careful. To Thais any land with paper is charnote. Get a lawyer to do the deal and check the title, I will save headaches if the future if things are not as they seem. Jim

Cheers T

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers T

• 3 weeks later...

IF you are looking for some land for sale not too far from Phonphisai I have some for sale

I am selling for 40,000 baht a lai, have some with chanote some with out.

George, are you still selling land near Phon Phisai ?

If Anton has not bought it PM me

• 1 year later...

October 2012.

The land price in Nongkhai is going up gradually.

Within a few years Nongkhai will become an important trading hub for duty free ASEAN trading between China, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore. There are rumours that Nongkhai will be declared a duty free zone.

The new super high speed railway is being constructed to connect China, Laos, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore. It is supposed to be completed by 2014.

The clever investors from Bangkok are coming and buying the land in Nongkhai.

Currently the land cost at the outskirts of Nongkhai is ranging from 500,000 to 1,000,000 Baht per rai if the land is near a road or a village.

The remote land far away from the road is cheaper.

And if you buy a large plot of land like 10 or 20 rai of course the per rai price may be much lower than 500,000 Baht.

The small plots of land like half rai or quarter rai are always expensive.

Edited by Barin