Why Can'T My Local Monk Go To A Internet Cafe` With Me ?

happyjune

We don't have ADSL or 3G. We have a very slow 2G signal though form the phone companies.

Our local monk, yes, this temple has 1 resident monk, nice guy. He has a laptop. I often go to a internet cafe with my laptop and plug in the Ethernet cable and off I go for 3 hours.

His comp needs updates and what the point without net.

I do not understand what is so bad about him going to the cafe`?

Any idea's please. rolleyes.gif

To explain what my secondary question was, while I am thinking out a loud here. 3BB said they would consider putting a ADSL node in if 10 people would sign up, do you think if I monk asked for the temple to get ADSL access, things would happen much faster? Or if the temple applied for 3BB adsl or TOT and maybe we gave the temple 12 x 599b as a internet donation that the ADSL companies would not refuse the temple?rolleyes.gif

He doesn't smoke and I have Dtac, TOT and AIS sim cards with GPRS, I normally get 30kbps down and 70kbps up. The best I have ever seen was on AIS at about 4am and it was 134kbps down, that was using the Bangkok server on Thai Visa.

Thailand is the land of influence, Patrons & corruption, if I give my local monk who wants internet a years of ADSL cost and he is my patron would he have the influence to get 3BB to give the area ADSL?

Happyjune rolleyes.gif

Ok, I am 2800m by sealed road to the nearest 3BB box and and 2600 to were a fiber optic for CAT, TOT and 3BB pass bye. TOT rudely told us to go away, they were simply dis graceful and 3BB worked out a quote for 190,000b connection and 12 month contact from my wife at 2500b a month. She told them to "expletive removed".

Can our local monk put a curse on them if they don't ?

Edited by metisdead
Removed expletive.

Ok, I am 2800m by sealed road to the nearest 3BB box and and 2600 to were a fiber optic for CAT, TOT and 3BB pass bye. TOT rudely told us to go away, they were simply dis graceful and 3BB worked out a quote for 190,000b connection and 12 month contact from my wife at 2500b a month. She told them to "expletive removed".

Can our local monk put a curse on them if they don't ?

I'm pretty sure the Lord Buddha covered this situation in the Five Precepts: 1. Do not kill

2. Do not steal

3. Do not indulge in sexual misconduct

4. Do not make false speech

5. Do not take any sh*t from 3BB CAT or ToT

IPstar is really crap.

3BB said they would install a box if 5 people would use it, ok, we got five people, then 3BB said, arhh, we really need 10 now.

So 3BB are moving the post and lying.

I am wondering if 3BB would tell the head monk to go away as well ?

I mean, Thai are right into their monks, which is ok by me.

Sorry to burst your bubble but all thais are not into their monks, if you really want net so bad buy ten 1 yr. subs and give them to your neighbors, buy the cheapest service at around 400 baht a month and thats only around 50k to get your service, and quit trying to whore the monks out they have enough temptation in their lives as it is.