Slingplayers And Streaming Rates

Mekong Bob

I live in Hang Dong District, subscribe to 3BB's Premier 5M fixed IP service, and (through the Internet) use SlingBox to remotely view USA television programs via this tv streaming device.

My 3BB (formerly MaxNet) download speed is 4.93Mbps and upload is 0.80Mbps and it's steady and unbroken.

In Pennsylvania, I have a SlingBox AV and SlingLink Turbo set up on my USA tv, with Internet speeds of 6Mbps, both dowload and upload.

The streaming rates showing on my SlingPlayer picture ranges between 180-240Kbps. Not a bad picture, but a bit fuzzy.

During the week of July 17-23, I enjoyed streaming rates ranging between 540-640Kbps and a very clear picture. I called 3BB to ask what's going on, but they could not explain. This week, things are back to 180-240Kbps.

Anyone know what's going on here? Can anyone tell me what settings I need to check or change? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

This might be a little late, but I was having similar issues with mine. I was using the web based player on the "Auto" setting and it was regularly under 100 and never over about 300. I worked out one day that if I actually changed it to "better" then it would do that picture perfectly fine and download around the 700 mark, which is pretty much saturating my upload speed from the box. My guess is if Auto slows it down to make sure that it is perfect, so any dropped packets or data sends it down.

Hope that helps.