Father kills six daughters in honor killing in Pakistan

News_Editor

Father kills six daughters in honor killing in Pakistan

2011-07-29 04:21:02 GMT+7 (ICT)

FAISALABAD, PAKISTAN (BNO NEWS) -- A Pakistani man gunned down six of his daughters on suspicion that two of them were in relationships with boys in their neighborhood in the province of Punjab, the Express Tribune reported on Thursday.

Arif Mubashir on Tuesday morning called his teenage daughters to his room and shot them while the rest of the family, including their mother, watched. His wife Musarrat called the police after the incident.

Mubashir shot the girls after their brother said two of them were in a relationship. He told police officials that he killed his daughters Sameena, 14, and Razia, 16, because they were both "without honor" since they were in a relationship with college boys.

"I should have been told immediately but the girls sided with each other. They were both corrupt," Mubashir told Tandlianwala Police Inspector Javed Sial.

Police took Mubashir into custody and filed a case against him. "He does not regret what he did. He boasted that he would do it all over again if he had to," Sial was quoted as saying.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-07-29

And we are letting like thinking peoples immigrant to the western thinking world? I believe this has and will prove to be a complete mismatch in the mix of cultures.

Quite so, someone who would kill their own children over 'honor' is mentally ill by our standards and it has been demonstrated time and again that such behavior does not stop when immigrants arrive in a civilised Country. In my opinion immigration from such places should be stopped completely, except for women who are escaping arranged marriages as this is akin to a hostage situation.

sicko to the tenth degree. What sort of 'culture' spawns such sick mentality? I know the answer to that, but voicing it would probably get me banned from this blog.

Yes and I agree with what you didn't say.

99% of people do, but a bit like a modern day version of the Emperors new clothes nobody is allowed to point out the glaringly obvious without being accused of bigotry, or worse, by the enablers of this sort of culture.

And we are letting like thinking peoples immigrant to the western thinking world? I believe this has and will prove to be a complete mismatch in the mix of cultures.

It happens in the USA nowadays so I hate to think how often it happens in Europe. Some father in Texas shot his two daughters then fled back to Egypt.

I'm not sure this is as much a clash of cultures as it is a clash of civilizations. In the former they can co-exist, in the latter, they can't.

A number of people from the Middle East will take their child back to their home country and then kill them. A father and a daughter leave, but only the father returns.

It happens in the USA nowadays so I hate to think how often it happens in Europe. Some father in Texas shot his two daughters then fled back to Egypt.

I'm not sure this is as much a clash of cultures as it is a clash of civilizations. In the former they can co-exist, in the latter, they can't.

You hit the nail on the head, here is an extract from The Clash of Civilizations by Samuel Huntington. He seems to have understood two decades ago what western politicians have been in denial about ever since. It should be ignored at our peril.

CIVILIZATION IDENTITY will be increasingly important in the future, and the world will be shaped in large measure by the interactions among seven or eight major civilizations. These include Western, Confucian, Japanese, Islamic, Hindu, Slavic-Orthodox, Latin American and possibly African civilization. The most important conflicts of the future will occur along the cultural fault lines separating these civilizations from one another.

First, differences among civilizations are not only real; they are basic. Civilizations are differentiated from each other by history, language, culture, tradition and, most important, religion. The people of different civilizations have different views on the relations between God and man, the individual and the group, the citizen and the state, parents and children, husband and wife, as well as differing views of the relative importance of rights and responsibilities, liberty and authority, equality and hierarchy. These differences are the product of centuries. They will not soon disappear. They are far more fundamental than differences among political ideologies and political regimes. Differences do not necessarily mean conflict, and conflict does not necessarily mean violence. Over the centuries, however, differences among civilizations have generated the most prolonged and the most violent conflicts.

Second, the world is becoming a smaller place. The interactions between peoples of different civilizations are increasing; these increasing interactions intensify civilization consciousness and awareness of differences between civilizations and commonalities within civilizations. North African immigration to France generates hostility among Frenchmen and at the same time increased receptivity to immigration by "good" European Catholic Poles. Americans react far more negatively to Japanese investment than to larger investments from Canada and European countries. Similarly, as Donald Horowitz has pointed out, "An Ibo may be . . . an Owerri Ibo or an Onitsha Ibo in what was the Eastern region of Nigeria. In Lagos, he is simply an Ibo. In London, he is a Nigerian. In New York, he is an African." The interactions among peoples of different civilizations enhance the civilization-consciousness of people that, in turn, invigorates differences and animosities stretching or thought to stretch back deep into history.

Third, the processes of economic modernization and social change throughout the world are separating people from longstanding local identities. They also weaken the nation state as a source of identity. In much of the world religion has moved in to fill this gap, often in the form of movements that are labeled "fundamentalist." Such movements are found in Western Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism and Hinduism, as well as in Islam. In most countries and most religions the people active in fundamentalist movements are young, college-educated, middle-class technicians, professionals and business persons. The "unsecularization of the world," George Weigel has remarked, "is one of the dominant social factors of life in the late twentieth century." The revival of religion, "la revanche de Dieu," as Gilles Kepel labeled it, provides a basis for identity and commitment that transcends national boundaries and unites civilizations.

I can't get my head around people who don't love their kids. I am not a father, but I can't imagine how one would reach the stage where it seems honourable to kill in this way. I know it's a culture that I don't fully understand, and I know that I would hate for my daughter to be the villiage matress... the west is too relaxed in sexual morals, I accept that and I hate that aspect of pop-culture.

But to cold bloodedly kill your own- this is very sad indeed.

Time for another crusade, before it's tooooooo late.

Maybe we won't need another crusade, as they're rather busy killing each other already. Hate to think how Darwinism plays out with the people of that treeless region. 'Survival of the Sickest,' instead of 'Survival of the Fittest.' Even Moses was a sicko (ordered killing of entire tribes for minor infractions of some of their members), so this bloodlust behavior in that part of the world has been weeding out genes for decency, in favor of genes for blood-lust - for centuries - and it bleeds across religious borders.

Before starting on the anti-muslim stuff again, it's worth remembering a Norweigan guy killed >80 people last week at a kids camp.

Not sure about weaving that one in here Crushdepth.. One is about a mentally deluded person with no real religious leanings or affiliations killing strangers as some sort of personal vendetta and the other is about a father killing children because according to religious constraints perceives that his daughters have bought dishonour to the family.

I just hope it was a spelling mistake in the Koran that when these folks get to heaven that they get 72 vegans instead.....

But seriously the underlying tone in this thread is not about who killed who or for what reasons but basically what type of religion is it or rather that is taught and practised that ordains or justifies in followers minds that actions such as these could ever be contemplated yet alone enacted. I have a hard enough time walking through Bangkok seeing females of certain religious leanings covered head to toe in black and with what looks to be a copper or brass mouthguard.....

Putting him down is one way. but there is so much that could be gained by not putting him down. I think if he had boiling water poured into his a$$hole, or a strong electrical charge between his genitals and the gums of his teeth, and it was done done publicly, many people who consider the repercussions of " honor killings" Maybe it's just me. :coffee1:

Animal ....... put him down.

This guy is also a sick individual who most likely has some serious mental problems. Killing the two daughters who allegedly had dishonored the family could be attributed to religion. Killing all six cannot. He's got an issue with women.

My neighbor's two dogs bark too much. Can I use that to justify killing all the dogs in the neighborhood? Not for a sane person.

Just to play devil's advocate, if he is tried under Islamic law there may be no case to answer.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/07/muslim-guns-down-six-daughters-to-cleanse-familys-honor.html

In Book O, titled "Justice," in section 1, "Who is Subject to Retaliation for Injurious Crimes," section o1.1 reads, "Retaliation is obligatory ... against anyone who kills a human being purely intentionally and without right...":

However, o1.2 clarifies (above) that "The following are not subject to retaliation" and then lists — after the lovely, egalitarian "Muslim for killing a non-Muslim" and "Jewish or Christian subject ... for killing an apostate" — "(4) a father or mother (or their fathers or mothers) for killing their offspring, or offspring's offspring":

Case dismissed, or perhaps a 3 month slap on the wrist like the Indonesians got for murdering Muslims of a sect regarded as heretics.

in this thread - the righteously indignant, pouring scorn on a culture of billions for the crazy interpretation of one. can you all now move on as i noticed you neglected to comment on this thread:

Disgusting though it may be it was not an 'honor' killing which this thread is about. All honor killings are completely unacceptable, whoever carries them out. To put it in perspective 91% of honor killings are carried out by Muslims so there must be a lot of misunderstanders of Islam out there. :ph34r:

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/thereturnofgl/grumpylarry/3620/muslims-commit-91-percent-of-honor-killings-worldwide/

P.S The facts are out there, speak for themselves and are easy enough to find in spite of the best efforts of the left wing press to conceal them.