Malian National Arrested At Suvarnabhumi With ‘Ice’ Worth US$350,000

webfact

Malian national arrested with ‘ice’ worth Bt10.5 million

image_201107281502066FC3C702-B486-8C43-2DB8A3BB0DBFA08B.jpg

BANGKOK, July 29 – A Malian man on Thursday was detained at Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport for smuggling three kilogrammes of crystal methamphetamine, also known as 'ice, valued at Bt10.5 million (US$350,000), according to customs officers.

Demba Dabo, a Malian national, was apprehended with three kilogrammes of ‘ice’ hidden in car shafts and automotive spare parts which were placed in a specially-modified suitcase.

The drug smuggling suspect flew Qatar Airways from Nigeria to Thailand, planning to deliver the ‘ice’ to African customers here. The customers were believed to use Thailand as their base for selling contraband drugs to foreigners and expatriates, according to customs officials.

Mr Dabo said that he was hired for Bt9,000 ($300) to smuggle and deliver the drug in Thailand each time, however, but refused to reveal which drug ring had paid for him to smuggle the substance.

The Malian detainee was transferred to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further investigation.

In general, drug smugglers have several techniques for concealing the drugs in order to avoid baggage check, according to the customs officials.

Regarding the latest arrest of Mr Dabo, the officers said that an X-ray scanner could not detect the drugs hidden in the suitcase.

As his travel record showed he had visited Thailand 11 times, customs officials were suspicious of him. Then they decide to use special equipment to cut car shafts and automotive spare parts and found the three kilogrammes of the illicit drug. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-07-29

He really looks very sorry for his despicable behavior.

I have visited 26 times, hope that would not be enough reason to take me the meat factory as I usually travel very light.

I have visited exactly 11 times as of this May. But I am not from Mali and I do have a fairly easy to verify job, profession, finances etc. I guess they will just have to keep finding dumber mules to do their dirty work than this poor fellow. I would have grave concerns for his family.

Next War on Drugs, just shoot all the foreigners and expatriates, drug problem solved.

That's a start. However, I suggest a slight modification. Drug tests first. If positive, blood and hair sample testing to verify and then execution if certain. Put the heads on Pikes at BKK arrivals and in visible spots where foreigners hang out. Start with people with poor hygiene, ugly tattoos, stained singlets, dirty feet, bad teeth etc.

B)

When one considers the masses of Africans under going perilous journeys, often fatal, to get to European countries to avoid drought, hunger and disease, and the tribal cleansing prevalent in the Dark Continent, a sojourn in the Bangkok Hilton may well be a good move.