Ashram Business Opening On Pratamnak?

Jingthing

Have you noticed the yet to be opened business on the hill called ASHRAM?

It has a very interesting, colorful, graphical sign but no indication of what kind of place it will be?

A restaurant? A cult headquarters? It's got me curious.

Anyone know?

OK, you can see through the window but doesn't look open up. Inside are TABLES and chairs so definitely a restaurant. There isn't yet a sign saying what kind of place. Best guess I have is Indian vegetarian. Looks a but hippie dippie; could be interesting. Where is it? Well on the same side and not too far from Sea Fresh.

• 3 months later...

Update on this. This is not really a restaurant and it is definitely not Indian. It is mostly a bar with an extremely questionable business model. They do have a few Iranian style kebab type dishes served with fries rather than rice and what I think is an Iranian desert. But I seriously doubt they are selling much food there, not to mention drinks.

BTW, right next door to this place is quite a decent little Isaan food restaurant. I tried the gai yang and somtum and both were very delicious, but the chicken portion at 60 baht was very small. Also the service was very slow and they didn't have sticky rice, which was weird. But the food was so good I would go back.

While in the general area, I also poked my head into two other restaurants.

One is the new upscale Thai place called Valentines. It seems be failing miserably and I can see why. I stopped in to ask to look at a menu and it took them five minutes to bring me one. The place is very lovely semi hiso decor so I would expect higher prices but what I didn't expect was a very boring Thai menu with the usual Thai choices and nothing different. Again, a bizarrely misguided business plan in my view, though it's clear it is targeted to Thais.

I also had a look at the Swiss restaurant on the hill. The menu looked OK, they seem to be specializing in fondue/raclette which is cool, but their soup and salad bar looked very sickly indeed compared to Swiss Food in Pattaya. I wouldn't bother with the place just based on that.

Edited by Jingthing

It is one of these new fangled Conversation Bars.

Only topics are Baht Bus Prices, restaurant quality, how to start polls and how to stop people looking in the windows. Sounds like your kinda place JT

Sorry Mate, slow Saturday

What's going on in the windows that people shouldn't be looking into?

I give the place six months max.

• 2 months later...

One is the new upscale Thai place called Valentines. It seems be failing miserably and I can see why. I stopped in to ask to look at a menu and it took them five minutes to bring me one. The place is very lovely semi hiso decor so I would expect higher prices but what I didn't expect was a very boring Thai menu with the usual Thai choices and nothing different. Again, a bizarrely misguided business plan in my view, though it's clear it is targeted to Thais.

It was new, and now its CLOSED.

coffee1.gifcrying.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Only topics are Baht Bus Prices, restaurant quality, how to start polls and how to stop people looking in the windows. Sounds like your kinda place JT

But seven more posts for JT, getting him closer to the magic 30,000 mark!

What's going on in the windows that people shouldn't be looking into?

I give the place six months max.

The shutters were down Sunday lunch time, probably got fed up with JT peeping in the windows every day. biggrin.png