Non-Imigrant O (Marriage Visa) Kuala Lumpur

So Im sat in KLIA waiting for my flight so I thought I would make the most of this time by reporting my findings.

Flew on Friday from BKK to KLCC.

Takes an hour to get to KL Sentral by SKYBUS which is offered by Air Asia at a reduced price to buying your ticket when you arrive.

Booked in at the My Hotel - Sentral, for a reduced price of 94 RM instead of 98 RM, its worth checking out asiawebdirect website for deals on hotels.

Anywhoo. I wont bore you with my weekend as it consisted of the sh**s and not a good look come Monday morning for visa application time.

Monday morning - Got up about 8am, headed out looking and feeling like death. Went to KL Sentral station, took the KL Red line or RapidKL skytrain. Arrived at Ampang Park station at about 9am (Not far).

Keep to the right when you come out of the underground area. Look for Jalan Ampang (Name of the road and sign in the underground points it out).

When you get to street level theres a Mcdonalds, 7eleven, coffee shop etc. Walk past them all, cross the busy main road.

You will go past the French embassy on your left, the British High Commission office on the right. A little futher on your left is the Spanish embassy and then finally you will arrive at the Thai embassy. Maybe with broken legs or ankles as the walkways are pretty awful.

BE CAREFUL. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

So by this point I look like Ive just stepped out of the shower fully dressed and the fever aint budging. I go into the embassy take my number and find a seat.

I provided the following -

• Application Form.
  • Copy of my passport photo page only.
  • Wifes ID (Copy)
  • Wifes passport (Copy - Why the hell not, all looks good)
  • Copy of Ta bien Ban (House details)
  • A letter from the wife written in English and Thai - Please let my husband stay.
  • 2 X Passport sized pictures
  • Copy of my ONLINE bank statement from UK bank printed out in Bangkok stating I had 100,000 baht or equivalent (No copy of bank book needed)

SO as I provided all these things and asked is everything OK, the answer YES is said by the charming young Malaysian lady.

When I handed over my 550 RM (approx 5,500 baht)

"But why you give me so much? 1 stay is only .... RM?"

I followed up with,

"But I'm staying for a year"

"You need copy bankbook, you have bank in Thailand"

"No I dont, I need my visa to open the bank, I have UK bank details showing £2500 approximately 120,000 baht".

SILENCE

I presume she just didnt understand, changed my application to a multiple entry, gave me my ticket number back for collection the next afternoon. Leaving me to sweat it out for just over 24 hours with no indication as to whether it was a successful application or Id just been nailed for 550 RM.

FEAR NOT......

Arrived at the embassy at 2.30pm. Very quick turn around of issuing passports.

No explanation of anything, opened the passport up and there was my new visa.

I take it the people in charge read my documents and realised all was good.

Embassy opens at 9.30am be early or go around 10-10.30am when it calms down. - Applications.

Embassy opens at 2.30pm for collections no problems quick turn around.

If I can help with anything let me know?

Thank you

On www.mfa.go.th it tells you exactly what you need.

It tells you to provide a copy and the original. They give you the original straight back after a quick (and I mean quick) look.

Took the missus with me thought it good ammunition but the lady never batted an eye lid, next time Ill save the cash and spend it on something useful.

The missus writing a letter is only a sweetner but It probably has something about it as she kept both the Thai and English copies of the, please let my husband stay with me etc..... and I never got it back.

Happy to help.

Thanks for the write up and pin to the "Latest reports of getting a visa in the region" this section of TV helped me a lot.

Thank you

Darren

jambco984

Where did you get the application form?

Was it just a generic download from TV or one specific for the KL Embassy?

TIA

You have enough time if you arrive in good time to get one off the guy on the security gate. I asked for the form and proceeded to take one, "I WILL GIVE YOU, WHEN I READY"

He took down my passport details then handed me my application form whilst looking at me like a piece of dirt, love you too I muttered.

You can also download and print from the website I mention in a previous post ;-)

Thank you