The Ultimate Chain Lube

BSJ

..........You can find it here http://www.veloil.co...our/chain1.htm. ........

I use one of these cans of chain lube in my travel pack. 200ml is a good size and compact.

As for Scottoilers (http://www.scottoile...s/Page-1-9.html) I have been fortunate to meet a person using it. There is a mechanism to increase/decrease the quantity of oil depending on the wet/dry season one is riding in. However the person did tell me that it would be a good idea to turn it off during track sessions.

The sensor controlled Scotoilers have to be set up / mapped properly. Initial mapping is critical for your riding style and conditions.

I'm quite interested in a rear paddock stand. I've been quoted ridiculous figures especially for those that can be adjusted. Any advice/suggestions would be most welcome and appreciated.

I buy my rear paddock stands from Fast Corner, adjustable and good quality. I keep pestering them for a front stand but nothing so far. I bit the bullet and bought myself an exotic stand from Germany...company by the name of Bursig. I don't expect anyone to buy one, but I can move my bike anywhere I want to in my garage with absolutely minimal effort.

For this interested. Info & Photos on my Bursig stand:

There was mention on Bursig's site that the stand was not designed with aftermarket rear sets in mind. So it was a gamble on my behalf if the stand was going to fit with my Sato rear sets.

Initially the gear lever pedal was blocking the stand from being inserted into the frame adaptor, but bringing the pedal toe back two places, the stand fits fine. You just have to make sure that the gearbox is in neutral or a higher gear other than 1st or you won’t be able to push the gear lever down slightly so that it misses the stand tower (for want of a better word). Also going back two toe positions has had no affect on my riding.

The Bursig adaptor plate needs tweaking for the current angle. As you can see that my bike is slightly nose up. I can't adjust it at the moment, as I need an impact tool

to break the nearly 200nm torque of the adaptor locking bolt.

Overall, I'm immensely happy with the stand. It has enough range of movement so that the wheel kit can be fitted (as in the Bursig video) without any mechanical adjusting being required. The bike is actually in storage fitted to the stand. Bursig states that long term storage use will not cause any issues with strain on the frame. I'll soon find out when I get back home later on this year.

Bursiglongtermstorage_zps57a9fba7.jpg

• Like 1

that looks great Garry, i remembered it from Pirelli track day.

How did you bring it to Thailand?

And, are you still charging your battery?smile.png

Hi mate,

Bursig shipped the stand to Thailand. My battery is always on charge :D. The battery charger is fitted full time, 24/7. It is a CTEK trickle charger, I was using it at the track between sessions.

that looks great Garry, i remembered it from Pirelli track day.

How did you bring it to Thailand?

And, are you still charging your battery?smile.png

Hi mate,

Bursig shipped the stand to Thailand. My battery is always on charge biggrin.png. The battery charger is fitted full time, 24/7. It is a CTEK trickle charger, I was using it at the track between sessions.

I have a Ctek myself. A little pricey here in LOS but the benefit is your battery will live for years.