Tabian Bahn, Advantages Of Getting Ones Name Put In It.

Carlosm

The Thai wife has got me to put my name in the green house book, Tabian Bahn. Was wondering what the advantages of having this were as the wife seems to think it will help next time i visit immigration for my annual visa renewal.

Don't think you can have your name on the thai tabien baan book. Anyone in that book MUST BE a thai citizen.

I believe you can be on the yellow one through

Edited by doji

I though the green book was for cars.? :blink:

My wife has a Blue book for her house and I could not be put in it, I could only have a yellow house book.

This it then proof of address to immigration when doing the annual extention to stay.:)

It is proof of residence, so you won't need an embassy or immigration letter for that (for examle when getting a drivers license).

I believe it is also required if you want to obtain Thai nationality that you be on the household registration for a couple of years.

It is proof of residence, so you won't need an embassy or immigration letter for that (for examle when getting a drivers license).

I believe it is also required if you want to obtain Thai nationality that you be on the household registration for a couple of years.

That's correct but it's a yellow book for farang if you have land and house with your wife who has a blue book.

I not sure about condo's maybe you get a blue as a farang but then you own the condo not the land it's on.

Maybe some could clarify fully the situation.

Both are household registration books. The law itself doesn't make a distinction between blue and yellow, so that is probably a ministerial regulation. Thai persons go in a Blue Book and Foreigners in a yellow book. There is no real distinction bewteen the two, other than that a yellow signifies you are a foreigner. As said, the law itself doesn't make a distinction.

As others already said: a house book for a Thai national is in a BLUE book.

As a foreigner you can qualify for a YELLOW house book.

The yellow house books makes daily business a little easier (bank account, car buying, no spearate certificate of residence nec. e.g.).

Also the foreigner gest a 14 digit personal ID which easily indentifies you in the administration (like a Thai ID card).

Unconfirmed reports say, that you can even use the state health system (for free).

The latter one is highly disputed and if one knows the system he might refrain :blink:

The yellow house books makes daily business a little easier (bank account, car buying, no spearate certificate of residence nec. e.g.).

Also the foreigner gest a 14 digit personal ID which easily indentifies you in the administration (like a Thai ID card).

Unconfirmed reports say, that you can even use the state health system (for free).

The latter one is highly disputed and if one knows the system he might refrain :blink:

I can confirm that I was issued a Thai health card along with my yellow book.

Me too

My wife has a Blue book for her house and I could not be put in it, I could only have a yellow house book.

This it then proof of address to immigration when doing the annual extention to stay.:)

The green book is for your bike, the blue is for your car. Then there is another blue for the house ,passport is red etc.. I think it helps people who can't read, to recognise the different books. :D

Me too

Off topic but cmjantje has your avatar a younger sister :lol:

The green book is for your bike, the blue is for your car. Then there is another blue for the house ,passport is red etc.. I think it helps people who can't read, to recognise the different books. :D

My wife's car book looks greeny / blue, her house book looks black, my bike book looks a bluey / green, my passport is brown, my yellow book is definitely yellow but I didn't get a Thai health card with it :ermm: what colours that ?, must be different policies for different provinces.:D

Me too

Off topic but cmjantje has your avatar a younger sister :lol:

It is my mom, and sorry she was the only child.:rolleyes:

passport is red etc.. I think it helps people who can't read, to recognise the different books. :D

Well I and all thai people must be color blind then, because our passport is sort of "maroon" or "burgundy".unsure.gif

The chinese and japanese have their in red, I think

That's correct but it's a yellow book for farang if you have land and house with your wife who has a blue book.

I not sure about condo's maybe you get a blue as a farang but then you own the condo not the land it's on.

I got a blue book along with my chanote and other legal papers for my condo, but I was told by the lawyer my name can't be put in it. If I sell the place to a Thai citizen they then get the blue book and can put there name in it.

I've also got a yellow book but didn't get a health card with it, but when I went to get a cut finger stiched up at the clinc I showed my yellow book and they were quite happy and no charge.

I got a blue book along with my chanote and other legal papers for my condo, but I was told by the lawyer my name can't be put in it. If I sell the place to a Thai citizen they then get the blue book and can put there name in it.

I've also got a yellow book but didn't get a health card with it, but when I went to get a cut finger stiched up at the clinc I showed my yellow book and they were quite happy and no charge.

Intresting, thanks for that, kinda nice the yellow book does more than one thing, if you are staying term it's good thing to get.

passport is red etc.. I think it helps people who can't read, to recognise the different books. :D

Well I and all thai people must be color blind then, because our passport is sort of "maroon" or "burgundy".unsure.gif

The chinese and japanese have their in red, I think

Would reddish count? :rolleyes:

My wife's car book looks greeny / blue, her house book looks black, my bike book looks a bluey / green, my passport is brown, my yellow book is definitely yellow but I didn't get a Thai health card with it :ermm: what colours that ?, must be different policies for different provinces.:D

I just had a look at my 4 bike books, and yes a couple of them are a bit darker than the others. But I will call all of them green. :D

And why would I need a yellow book? What is it good for?

Everytime you have to do something official, often you need a letter from immigration to prove your place of residence. If you've got the yellow book you don't need that letter, and it's permanent. The letter from immigration expires.

Helps for getting a driver's license, buying a car, opening bank accounts etc.

It even helped when I renewed my Canadian passport, they took a copy of it to keep on file as a permanent resident.

I take it when I have to deal with anybody that sits behind a desk and it always seem to smooth the way.

Ken

You cannot get you name put on or in the Tabian bahn, because you are not a Thai citizen and you will never be , Also if you did it would mean you could but land, but as a foreigner you cannot own land.

You can in fact become a Thai citizen if you really want to (and are qualified).

I'd call the passport color "oxblood".

You cannot get you name put on or in the Tabian bahn, because you are not a Thai citizen and you will never be , Also if you did it would mean you could but land, but as a foreigner you cannot own land.

You can in fact become a Thai citizen if you really want to (and are qualified).

I have never seen or heard of any foreigner becoming a Thai Citizen , some Thais cannot get I D cards because there parents never registered them when they where Young, they get Harassed all there lives and they Born in Thailand and come from Thai parents,

I note that there seems to be some advantage to this "yellow" Tabian Bahn? book...SO what is the procedure in getting one? Where, what paperwork etc..

thx for the info ....anyone?

edit: okay disregard will follow links...fricking senility setting in..forgot me pills..

hmmm ....seems I better just visit the local Amphur with the wife and ask 'em ...too many different requirements based on locale...bit like the WW Thai consulates and visas hugh? Then again not sure of what benefit it will be to me as all the "advantages" and "easing" I already have...TIT ...maybe manana

Edited by David006

I have never seen or heard of any foreigner becoming a Thai Citizen , some Thais cannot get I D cards because there parents never registered them when they where Young, they get Harassed all there lives and they Born in Thailand and come from Thai parents,

You're talking to one, and I've met a handful of others over the years. There are members here who are almost through the process as well.