Bangkok Taxi Driver Gets Death For Killing Lover And Her Son

webfact

Cabbie gets death for killing lover

By KESINEE TAENGKHIAO

THE NATION

The Appeals Court yesterday upheld the death sentence on a taxi driver who killed his lover and her son before dismembering the boy's body and disposing of it, in October 2009.

Siripong Kanchananiwit, 43, appeared calm and said he accepted his fate and wouldn't appeal further nor seek a royal pardon.

The cabby was convicted of a capital crime in September last year for shooting to death Sunan Srisuwan, 38, and Sho Makino, 5, while driving them from Suvarnabhumi Airport to their Ratchadaphisek condominium home.

He also shot and wounded Sunan's daughter Pitachaya Jong-ngamwilai, 13, in the same taxi, for which he was handed a life sentence for attempted murder.

He later stole Sunan's valuables worth over Bt200,000, for which he was charged with night-time armed robbery and ordered to serve a six-year jail term. He then took the girl to his condo in Nonthaburi's Bang Bua Thong district and molested her, which got him two- and six-year jail terms.

For dumping the woman's body in Pathum Thani, dismembering the boy's body and hiding the parts in Bangkok's Taling Chan area to conceal the crime and carrying a firearm in public, he was sentenced to two years in jail.

The Appeals Court considered Pitchaya's eyewitness testimony as solid and found no grounds to overturn the lower court's verdict and sentencing.

Siripong said he had confessed all along and was ready to get punished. He also prayed and meditated during detention.

The case came to light when the boy's body parts were discovered and Siripong surrendered along with the gun a day later.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-08-11

1) death sentence for shooting to death Sunan Srisuwan, 38, and Sho Makino, 5

2) life sentence for attempted murder of Pitachaya Jong-ngamwilai

3) stole over Bt200,000; ordered to serve a six-year jail term

4) took the girl (abduction) and molested her; two- and six-year jail terms

5) dumping the woman's body; dismembering the boy's body; hiding the parts to conceal the crime and carrying a firearm in public; sentenced to two years in jail.

Did they throw the book at him or what!

Death Sentence Upheld for Double-murder Convict

The Appeals Court upholds the death sentence for the cab driver who brutally murdered a five-year-old boy and the boy's mother.

The defendant has accepted the court's decision and will not seek pardon.

The Appeals Court has upheld the death sentence handed down by the Criminal Court for taxi driver Siripong Kanchananiwit who killed and dismembered the body of five-year-old Sho Makino and the boy's mother Sunan Srisuwan.

Siripong has been charged with first degree murder and premeditated murder as the court has reviewed the evidence and found that he had planned to kill the mother and the boy.

Siripong said after the court read out sentence that he will not seek a royal pardon and accepts the death penalty to repent his crime and sins which he has been doing in his cell by praying everyday.

On October 10, 2009, Siripong shot and killed Sunan and her son Sho as well as injured her daughter Pichaya Jongngamwilai, who was later kept prisoner at an apartment in Nonthaburi's Bang Bua Thong area and abused by the defendant.

Siripong had a relationship with Sunan and claimed that he killed her because she was pressuring him to murder her Japanese ex-husband and because she had been having an affair with another man.

Siripong stole 200,000 baht worth of cash and valuables from Sunan before dismembering the boy's body and dumping it in black plastic bags in attempt to conceal his crime.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-08-11

footer_n.gif

A sick mind indeed. And nobody ever noticed anything before? The lover with THB 200'000 living with a cabbie? The mind boggled while reading the article. Who takes care of the molested girl today? Questions over questions - society is indeed disintegrating very fast these days.

How does it feel to be able to play God as a judge? I really wonder. Thailand should move up in the ranks of civilized countries and abolish the death penalty.

more country's should start again with the death penalty.

in more and more countries the criminal can do all and live in a luxurious jail with tv, internet, movies, gym, schools etc while the victims get to live with it for lifetime.

time for a change in the civilized countries, put them in a dark hole and only give bread and water.

and for those who killed people just do the same, easy cheap and quick.

How does it feel to be able to play God as a judge? I really wonder. Thailand should move up in the ranks of civilized countries and abolish the death penalty.

I used to think like that also, I was even a member of Amnesty International for many years, who are strongly against the death penalty. However, I've come to realise that the death penalty is justified punishment in certain cases, where no doubt in the conviction exists. Certainly in ths case where an innocent boy was also killed & dismembered, and in the case of Anders Breivik.

<br>
<br>How does it feel to be able to play God as a judge? I really wonder. Thailand should move up in the ranks of civilized countries and abolish the death penalty.<br>
<br><br><br>more country's should start again with the death penalty.<br>in more and more countries the criminal can do all and live in a luxurious jail with tv, internet, movies, gym, schools etc while the victims get to live with it for lifetime.<br><br>time for a change in the civilized countries, put them in a dark hole and only give bread and water.<br>and for those who killed people just do the same, easy cheap and quick.<br>
<br><br>That´s ludicrous! There are no "luxurious jails". You think they enjoy being locked up for (some of them) the rest of their lifes, because they have "tv, internet, movies, gym, schools etc"??<br>The way I see it, imprisonment for the rest of someones life is a far more harsh punishment than just death.<br>

Mad Dogs need the Death Sentence,so there is no chance of further horrendous crimes,and to protect us all.

Edited by MAJIC

I used to think like that also, I was even a member of Amnesty International for many years, who are strongly against the death penalty. However, I've come to realise that the death penalty is justified punishment in certain cases, where no doubt in the conviction exists. Certainly in ths case where an innocent boy was also killed & dismembered, and in the case of Anders Breivik.

Agreed.

There are too many Bleeding Heart Liberals in the World,who can even find excuses for Serial Killers.

I don't think anyone wants excuses for the convicted - if they had any excuses they would not be convicted for the reasons that were found. Not supporting the death penalty crosses all lines of lib and cons as well as mod people. It is based on an old handed down saying. " thou shell not kill " kind of has a ring to it and not every one agrees with it. :jap:

I don't think anyone wants excuses for the convicted - if they had any excuses they would not be convicted for the reasons that were found. Not supporting the death penalty crosses all lines of lib and cons as well as mod people. It is based on an old handed down saying. " thou shell not kill " kind of has a ring to it and not every one agrees with it. :jap:

Well as it comes from a book of bronze age myths, that is understandable. That aside, the cabbie DID kill, and the same book also has "an eye for an eye,.............." and so on. That 's the trouble with these old books, the editing was lousy and they tend to all sorts of contradictory stuff.

I had problems with the death penalty, eye witness reports not being the most foolproof, but in a case of unforced and unrevoked confession or where the evidence including DNA is strong, I fail to see a problem. The sanctity of human life argument fails as the murderer obviously doesn't adhere to it, and I'm yet to be convinced of some form of punishment after death.

If it's there, well and good, he just gets it a little faster.

Edited by OzMick

Put him in a prison and let the rats slowly take care of this guy. A person capable of taking lives the way he did does not diserve any better.

However, I've come to realise that the death penalty is justified punishment in certain cases, where no doubt in the conviction exists. Certainly in ths case where an innocent boy was also killed & dismembered, and in the case of Anders Breivik.

-Creole-

You wrote my thoughts, I agree, 100%

Edited by ALFREDO

<br>
<br>How does it feel to be able to play God as a judge? I really wonder. Thailand should move up in the ranks of civilized countries and abolish the death penalty.<br>
<br><br><br>more country's should start again with the death penalty.<br>in more and more countries the criminal can do all and live in a luxurious jail with tv, internet, movies, gym, schools etc while the victims get to live with it for lifetime.<br><br>time for a change in the civilized countries, put them in a dark hole and only give bread and water.<br>and for those who killed people just do the same, easy cheap and quick.<br>
<br><br>That´s ludicrous! There are no "luxurious jails". You think they enjoy being locked up for (some of them) the rest of their lifes, because they have "tv, internet, movies, gym, schools etc"??<br>The way I see it, imprisonment for the rest of someones life is a far more harsh punishment than just death.<br>

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/07/25/the_super_lux_super_max

Well as it comes from a book of bronze age myths, that is understandable. That aside, the cabbie DID kill, and the same book also has "an eye for an eye,.............." and so on. That 's the trouble with these old books, the editing was lousy and they tend to all sorts of contradictory stuff.

I had problems with the death penalty, eye witness reports not being the most foolproof, but in a case of unforced and unrevoked confession or where the evidence including DNA is strong, I fail to see a problem. The sanctity of human life argument fails as the murderer obviously doesn't adhere to it, and I'm yet to be convinced of some form of punishment after death.

If it's there, well and good, he just gets it a little faster.

Admitted, that quoted source can be a bad example. Eye for eye? Lets not confuse life with an eye and that is already not allowed anyway - so why allow killing. ;) Besides the old book was updated and continues with the ten main points and others later. The state here has a state religion not even related to that book (which I only sited as an example because myself I don't believe in holy books, they are all tinted by states past and present for their own purposes) but it is the code that is rather universal anyway. The main problem here is the state fails to live up to its own code which it promotes in this case. If it is OK - then let the most senior monk in the country do the deed and let him explain to the country why the state religion thinks it is OK for the state for which it is a part of - to kill. If so I guess they can again re write the old books to suite them but as it stands they can't keep both - you need to make a choice - is this a Buddhist nation or not?

If there is no punishment after death then why send him there to get off scott free - keep him be here to live out the punishment day by day by day by day - life can be a harsh sentence - even for some people which never committed a crime - Why does he get the free pass - leave him stay here to suffer for life at hard labor - then you won't have to wonder about punishment after death anymore, because you know it is here and you will have clean hands. :jap:

well that's the argument really isn't it?

you can't just say, 'in this case and that case'....if someone is found guilty then they're found guilty, and innocent people have been known to be found guilty

i'm totally with your view, when there is beyond doubt that someone committed such disgusting acts....then burn the !!!!!!!!! at the stake i say

but legally it's unsound...IMHO

For some ot the heinous crimes some humans do, it is a mercy killing to execute them just as you would not hesitate to put down a 'mad' dog (rabies) because they cannot control themselves. For me, caging a sick in the head human for life is the inhumane choice. As a taxpayer, I don't want to support these defectives either. This man has confessed, the evidence is overwhelming, and he said he is ready to pay (he can never make it right) so, what's your problem?

If you are going to quote the Bible, at least put it in context. The proper translation is "thou shall not commit murder." The Hebrew God who gave those ten commandments to the Hebrews also condoned a lot of death and destruction on the people who were already living in the 'Promised Land' so there is no contradiction. Where many find contradiction, and rightly so, is the Christian Bible which uses the Hebrew Bible to set the scene for the arrival of the One who said the old law was no longer valid that 'an eye for an eye' should now be 'turn the other cheek to be struck also'. Jesus was more Buddhist than Hebrew and for that he died. When I found out that Thailand, which is 95% Buddhist, had the death penalty, I was shocked at the contradiction as I know Buddhists who gently remove unwanted insects from their homes so as not to injure them.

I used to be against the death penalty; I wanted all those murderers, whom I assume think murder is OK, to be put on some tropical island with seeds and building materials so they could live freely in a society of like-minded fellow murderers. I now think that is more inhumane than the death penalty.

Edited by rametindallas

<br>

Unless you serve your sentance in the UK!

If you are going to quote the Bible, at least put it in context. The proper translation is "thou shall not commit murder." The Hebrew God who gave those ten commandments to the Hebrews also condoned a lot of death and destruction on the people who were already living in the 'Promised Land' so there is no contradiction. Where many find contradiction, and rightly so, is the Christian Bible which uses the Hebrew Bible to set the scene for the arrival of the One who said the old law was no longer valid that 'an eye for an eye' should now be 'turn the other cheek to be struck also'. Jesus was more Buddhist than Hebrew and for that he died. When I found out that Thailand, which is 95% Buddhist, had the death penalty, I was shocked at the contradiction as I know Buddhists who gently remove unwanted insects from their homes so as not to injure them.

I used to be against the death penalty; I wanted all those murderers, whom I assume think murder is OK, to be put on some tropical island with seeds and building materials so they could live freely in a society of like-minded fellow murderers. I now think that is more inhumane than the death penalty.

that's one island i definitely wouldn't like to holiday at

more country's should start again with the death penalty.

in more and more countries the criminal can do all and live in a luxurious jail with tv, internet, movies, gym, schools etc while the victims get to live with it for lifetime.

time for a change in the civilized countries, put them in a dark hole and only give bread and water.

and for those who killed people just do the same, easy cheap and quick.

I hate to say it, but I totally agree, but also limit the number of appeals and the time it takes, don't let them die of old age while waiting for the execution to take place. :wai:

Tell that to the dead 5 year old - oh you can't.... You could tell that to the orphaned 13 year old though - i'm sure she would understand.....:annoyed:

In cases where there is absolutely no doubt and this is obviously one of them, then removing a murderer form the face of the earth, is the right thing to do. Dead murderers don't re-offend.

see post #19

For some ot the heinous crimes some humans do, it is a mercy killing to execute them just as you would not hesitate to put down a 'mad' dog (rabies) because they cannot control themselves. For me, caging a sick in the head human for life is the inhumane choice. As a taxpayer, I don't want to support these defectives either. This man has confessed, the evidence is overwhelming, and he said he is ready to pay (he can never make it right) so, what's your problem?

there's another point to add to the various comments, there are three purposes in whatever sentence is handed down:

- Punishment for the actual crime.

- Some form of justice for the victim or the family and lovedones of the victim.

- Deterrent and precedent, to show all that this type of crime is unacceptable to society and if you do the same you can expect the same level of severe punishment.

Edited by scorecard