Japan Visa Request For Thaksin Came From Bangkok

webfact

:cheesy:

from link:

"Public Health Minister Chalerm"

LOL.... he performed so well in Thaksin, ver. 2.0 that he's now Deputy Prime Minister in Thaksin, ver. 4.0

Stands to reason he would know about health since his son Duangchalerm was accused of murder for shooting a cop. Dead.

And when chalerm was public health minister there was the scandal about Chinese imported milk tainted with melamine.

Chalerm's response:

- Fast policy / action / testing etc etc., in terms of protecting the health of Thai children - nothing, total silence. Requests for information, advice etc., all totally ignored.

- Lots of strong comments "Don't say anything, we don't want to upset China!"

Mr nepotism now the deputy PM, speaks volumes for the lack of capability and values of the pt mob.

What I don't get about this... visa requests are usually related to passports, right? Does this mean that Thaksin is traveling on a Thai passport? Maybe not a red diplomatic one, but a regular one?

Who knows. Probably using his Montenegrin Passport.

What is clear is that not the Thai government or Yingluck gave Thaksin a visa for Japan, but the Japanese authorities.

What is also clear is that according to the Japanese, the Thai government requested that Japan give Thaksin a visa.

Where do I get it? From precedent of course:

http://asiancorrespo...alth-and-china/

:cheesy:

from link:

"Public Health Minister Chalerm"

LOL.... he performed so well in Thaksin, ver. 2.0 that he's now Deputy Prime Minister in Thaksin, ver. 4.0

Did you read the Bangkok Pundit take on Chalerms actions i.e there was no need to make huge ructions when a bit of diplomacy is warranted.

there is no suggestion he is allowing unsafe material in the market and in fact he is willing to sign a regulation which imposes criminal penalties on anyone who does.

Chalerm signed the FDA regulation. On the 16th October 2008 there was concern about Mali Brand Condensed Skimmed Milk.

Food and Drug Administration Wednesday found the high contamination of melamine in unsweetened condensed skimmed milk with palm oil formula produced by The Thai Dairy Industry or Mali brand.The FDA said the manufacturing lot of milk, which carries the expiry date of January 16 2009, was found to be contaminated with melamine at the rate of 92.82 milligram per kilogram.

FDA impounded 150,000 cans of the lot and ordered all shops to take the milk from the lot out of their shelves immediately.

So your point was? Linking a non story about Chalerm to a hypothetical claim that Thaksin would facilitate (in his non existent role as Trade Ambassador) the giving of radiated food to thai schoolchildren is stretching the facts somewhat, even for the Anti Thaksin support group.

What I don't get about this... visa requests are usually related to passports, right? Does this mean that Thaksin is traveling on a Thai passport? Maybe not a red diplomatic one, but a regular one?

Yes, he's a Montenegrin citizen after he purchased it for a half million Euros and before the Montenegrin government scrapped their "citizenship for sale" program after Schengen countries complained that too many foreign criminals and crooks were availing themselves of the program and that they wouldn't approve the country's application to join the EU.

What is clear is that not the Thai government or Yingluck gave Thaksin a visa for Japan, but the Japanese authorities.

What is also clear is that according to the Japanese, the Thai government requested that Japan give Thaksin a visa.

And that the request came after Thaksin himself requested them to do so.

Quote:

"Japanese Ambassador to Thailand Seiji Kojima had met with Surapong, who at first made it sound as if the envoy was seeking his advice on an institute invitation the Thai government knew nothing about. ......"

Further "..... give lectures on democracy and economy...."

Would be interesting to know how / why these institutes identified the paymaster as an outstanding person to give lectures on these subjects. There is nothing whatever in his past that qualifies him as outstanding, in fact his track record is exactly the opposite.

Bottom line, I find it very difficult to believe that these institutes, out of their own discussions and actions actually 'invited' him.

Is there more to this case that the new FM is not disclosing?

on the contrary, like him or hate him, Thaksin is one of the most astute, and successful business men in the world. And it appears he bought his invitation with Tsunami Relief Funding.

Quote:

"Japanese Ambassador to Thailand Seiji Kojima had met with Surapong, who at first made it sound as if the envoy was seeking his advice on an institute invitation the Thai government knew nothing about. ......"

Would be interesting to know how / why these institutes identified the paymaster as an outstanding person to give lectures on these subjects. There is nothing whatever in his past that qualifies him as outstanding, in fact his track record is exactly the opposite.

Bottom line, I find it very difficult to believe that these institutes, out of their own discussions and actions actually 'invited' him.

on the contrary, like him or hate him, Thaksin is one of the most astute, and successful business men in the world. And it appears he bought his invitation with Tsunami Relief Funding.

I doubt that Thaksin would even garner a mention in the World's Top 100 C.E.O.'s

Astute & conniving, maybe, but successful only in being number 1 member in the "I Want to be Important in The World Club".

Quote:

I doubt that Thaksin would even garner a mention in the World's Top 100 C.E.O.'s

Astute & conniving, maybe, but successful only in being number 1 member in the "I Want to be Important in The World Club".

Yep, Thaksin is an unimportant nobody. Everyone knows that.

Sometimes more evil than Saddam (at least some say so), but in the end who cares?

Good for Thailand that the Democrats and the only good for words( democratic words like "life fire zone") PM are out of office now.

I don't want to start up old arguments, but you should note that Thaksin suggested that if the South wanted any benefits, they should have voted for him.

Good for Thailand that the Democrats and the only good for words( democratic words like "life fire zone") PM are out of office now.

I don't want to start up old arguments, but you should note that Thaksin suggested that if the South wanted any benefits, they should have voted for him.

And his government managed to strangle quite a few of them.

What did they expect? The country just elected a government that everyone without exception knows is Thaksins. It was obvious he was going to be able to travel again. It is obvious a lot of people want him back, maybe even a majority. And Abhisit called it a let the people decide election and they did. What was that decision that Abhisit wanted the people to make?

+1

That should read everyone without exception knows this government is Thaksin's........ except apparently Ms.Yingluck......!