Best Tattoo Parlour Koh Phangan

So as the title suggests I'm looking for a good tattooist in koh Phangan. It has to be KPN as the rest of my trip I'll be in shorts a lot of the time so exposed to sun not to mention I'll be swimming ect. KPN is the last leg of my trip so I'm thinking to get that on the last day before I head back to blighty.

I'd like to get a tiger, but not a normal looking one. Ideally a design that is thai influenced. The ones I have heard of so far are koh Phangan Body Art, Tatoo Lotus and tattoo club koh Phangan.

Does anyone here have any experiences or info they could share?

Also I'm certain I will get a normal one and not a bamboo one but in the event I decide to go with a bamboo one are there any risks I need to be aware compared to getting a traditional one?

Thanks

Only a tip from me ....

My friend had a leg tattoo the day before flying out to Germany. It got infected and the flight - swollen legs/sitting down etc - was a nightmare for him. Maybe forgo a little of the suntan and have it done earlier?

This is what I am worried about. But are you saying the reason for the infection was exposure to sun? i thought that if I am flying out the next day then up until that point just make sure that I am covered up and indoors till then.

Only a tip from me ....

My friend had a leg tattoo the day before flying out to Germany. It got infected and the flight - swollen legs/sitting down etc - was a nightmare for him. Maybe forgo a little of the suntan and have it done earlier?

This is what I am worried about. But are you saying the reason for the infection was exposure to sun? i thought that if I am flying out the next day then up until that point just make sure that I am covered up and indoors till then.

No, not the sun, maybe a needle, or just not a very clean place generally? Your leg will swell up on the plane. Any cuts etc will be reopened. A tattoo is basically a million tiny cuts anyway.

My point about the sun was to have it done earlier, and spend the last couple of days in the shade. Or at least one leg in the shade. Odd suntan I guess.:(

Only a tip from me ....

I had full upper arm done the day before I left Bali a few years back, I had no worries on a long hall flight. Although It wasn't infected.

I've got no tattoos, but I'd recommend Jay at the tattoo shop next to 7-11 in the middle of Haad Rin. Looks like a nice clean shop, lots of beautiful artwork, and as a bonus the guy has saved the lives of eight local dogs, so he's bound to be a decent human being.

I've got no tattoos, but I'd recommend Jay at the tattoo shop next to 7-11 in the middle of Haad Rin. Looks like a nice clean shop, lots of beautiful artwork, and as a bonus the guy has saved the lives of eight local dogs, so he's bound to be a decent human being.

Thank you. Do you know the name of his business? Does he have a website?

Thank you. Do you know the name of his business? Does he have a website?

That's all I know about Jay and his tattoo shop, sorry...

i would suggest that if you want cliche, low-quality ink that your plan is a good one. if not, why not cover up and get it done somewhere in bangkok or at least from an artist with a reputation for quality work?

cant say that i have been impressed by the work or lifestyles of many of the koh phangan tattoo crowd. but hey, its not like a tattoo is forever.

the only consistent koh phangan tattooist i have heard of is the exhaust on a honda wave

Edited by nocturn

i would suggest that if you want cliche, low-quality ink that your plan is a good one. if not, why not cover up and get it done somewhere in bangkok or at least from an artist with a reputation for quality work?

cant say that i have been impressed by the work or lifestyles of many of the koh phangan tattoo crowd. but hey, its not like a tattoo is forever.

the only consistent koh phangan tattooist i have heard of is the exhaust on a honda wave

I'm looking to get further work done on Samui, have not visited any tattooisst to check out their work yet, I'm now thinking probably not much better than Phangan?

Fair comment, and I am spending 4 days in Bangkok prior to that. But after im headed to Krabi and will be doing some snorkeling, not to mention exposing my leg to the sun. Is that not a no no?

But after im headed to Krabi and will be doing some snorkeling, not to mention exposing my leg to the sun. Is that not a no no?

Maybe do your own google search on new tattoo care but keeping the 'wound' clean is important in the first few days so as to prevent infection. Afterwards, for a couple of weeks, prolonged water exposure really isn't going to do the tattoo any good at all. Nor is the sun as the light will fade the colour(s).

Your call on how long you want your souvenir to last and for it to be safe. Plenty of people do get tattoos done here. You just need to be a little more careful in this climate is all I am saying.

Ok so I have extended my trip by a few days so could well get it in Bangkok before I leave. Or I have also considered getting a bamboo one done and getting it at the start of my trip in Chiang Mai., I will be there and in Chiang Rai for about 7 days and then Bangkok for 3 days before I head to Krabi so if I do get it there then it should be all healed up before I hit the beaches. (a bamboo one that is)

Professional and the only maori-style devoted tattoo parlour (and NZ-Dutch guy too) B)

Professional and the only maori-style devoted tattoo parlour (and NZ-Dutch guy too) B)

Great so they do bamboo too! Cheers