New Requirements For 90-Day Reporting

New Requirements for 90-Day reporting

Source: Pattaya One newspaper 16 – 31 Aug 2011

Beginning on 1 August, the Immigration department has instructed their offices to require additional documentation to be submitted with the TM 47 - 90 day address report:

- Copy of passport Face Page

- Copy of latest Immigration

- Permission to Stay Stamp

- Copy of TM Departure Card (the white card that should be stapled in your passport)

- Copy of a document verifying your address (lease, utility bill, telephone bill, cable bill, etc.)

And there are now two photographs instead of one required when applying for an extension of stay in

Thailand. Previously, only one photograph has been required.

Anybody know if the new requirements have been introduced at Chonburi Immigration Office yet ?

Edited by melsnet

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was reported some time ago on TV.

The photograph issue has not been noticed yet, or others are not reporting it. But usually two copies of everything are required, therefore suggests 2 photographs for extensions, except Retirement.

Guess Immigration Offices have not been meeting their paper recycling quota; therefore, they need to generate more paper to recycle.

And since most everything in Thailand gets put in a plastic bag I'll be sure to put all this paperwork in a plastic bag during my next 90 day address reporting....call it going that extra mile to ensure full compliance.

Anyone done their address reporting at Bangkok/Chaeng Wattana since 1 Aug?

If so, did they require all the extra paperwork mentioned in the original post; or just the usual TM-47, receipt from last reporting, and passport (i.e., not a copy of the passport...they just wanted to look at it).

Anyone done their address reporting at Bangkok/Chaeng Wattana since 1 Aug?

If so, did they require all the extra paperwork mentioned in the original post; or just the usual TM-47, receipt from last reporting, and passport (i.e., not a copy of the passport...they just wanted to look at it).

i reported tuesday to chaeng wattana and they didn't ask for anything new (thank god) .

i did see one young dude who i think was sent out to make copies (but i'm not sure) .

could it depend what type of visa / stay ur on (i'm on a retirement) . ?

New Requirements for 90-Day reporting

Source: Pattaya One newspaper 16 – 31 Aug 2011

Beginning on 1 August, the Immigration department has instructed their offices to require additional documentation to be submitted with the TM 47 - 90 day address report:

- Copy of passport Face Page

- Copy of latest Immigration Permission to Stay Stamp

- Copy of TM Departure Card (the white card that should be stapled in your passport)

- Copy of a document verifying your address (lease, utility bill, telephone bill, cable bill, etc.)

Depending on where you live, a person may have the option of mail-in 90 day reports or in-person ones... BKK folks have the option of mail-in reporting to Chaeng Wattana...

Based on my experience and on BKK Immigration's website, all of the items listed above -- except the last one -- have been part of the mail-in requirements all along.

In the past, BKK Immigration has never asked for lease or utility bill for mail-in reporting. But mail-in reporters have always had to include a self-addressed stamped envelope to receive their reporting receipt back, which must be used for their next reporting. So that in itself is a form of address verifying.

When I've done in-person 90-day reporting at Chaeng Wattana in the past, they didn't ask for copies of the passport face page, entry stamp or departure card. But then again, you're handing over your passport to them when you submit the 90-day reporting form. So I always figured they could see that info themselves, thus didn't need copies submitted as via mail.

I was looking at the BKK Immigration website just the other day, and there was nothing there about any new requirements... But of course, it's not usually very timely in its updates.

BTW, the list above doesn't include/mention the prior 90-day reporting receipt slip that also has to be submitted for a person's next report.

Edited by jfchandler

FWIW, today I did my 90-day report in person in Bangkok...

No changes from the past normal procedure, and no request for providing anything about my lease or utility bills...

And no warning or advice to be prepared to do things differently next time.

Just the normal things:

--Completed and signed TM47 Notify of Staying Longer than 90 Days form.

--Original “Receipt of Notification” issued by Immigration from my prior 90 Day Report.

--Signed photocopies of my 1) passport face page, 2) most recent retirement extension and entry stamps and 3) TM6 Departure Card.

FWIW, today I did my 90-day report in person in Bangkok...

No changes from the past normal procedure, and no request for providing anything about my lease or utility bills...

And no warning or advice to be prepared to do things differently next time.

Just the normal things:

--Completed and signed TM47 Notify of Staying Longer than 90 Days form.

--Original “Receipt of Notification” issued by Immigration from my prior 90 Day Report.

--Signed photocopies of my 1) passport face page, 2) most recent retirement extension and entry stamps and 3) TM6 Departure Card.

In khon Kaen the last normal requirements you listed eg passport face page etc. have never been a requirement until my last report a fortnight ago. How long have BKK been requiring those simply as a point of interest.

• Like 1

Signed photocopies of my 1) passport face page, 2) most recent retirement extension and entry stamps and 3) TM6 Departure Card.

This has never been required in Bangkok, up until my last report 3 months ago. You were asked for this? And you were asked on your last visit?

Lopburi... you raise a good point, and now I have some uncertainty... so let me try to clarify...

--For mail-in 90 day reports in Bangkok, they do specifically ask for the photocopies of the passport face page, visa/extension stamp, latest arrival stamp and departure card. I presume that's because when you're mailing in your package, obviously you're not giving them access to your original passport book that contains those entries.

--The last time I did an in-person 90 day report at Chaeng Wattana about 6 months ago, they didn't want any of those photocopies... Just the application form and receipt of prior reporting.

--Today, when I did my in-person 90-day reporting at the mobile Immigration set-up at Bumrungrad Hospital, I signed two sets of those photocopies... one set clearly for my retirement extension. But now that I rethink it, the second set probably was for my re-entry permit... and NOT for my 90-day reporting...

So I stand corrected and should clarify...

At least in BKK, those photocopies are required as part of the mail-in 90-day reports... but not in my experience as part of the in-person 90-day reporting.

Re the mail in reporting requirements, see the enclosed screen shot from the BKK Immigration web site, taken earlier this week:

post-53787-0-31549100-1313836097_thumb.j

Sorry for the earlier confusion on my part... :jap:

Edited by jfchandler

"I reported to Nonthaburi office two weeks ago and the only additional requirement was a photocopy of the first page of my passport. It seems each office conforms to rules at their own convenience and within their own time frame."

For me it was a copy of the photo/information page at Nonthaburi, but otherwise as before.

Paul and Kirk... had anyone advised beforehand that Nonthaburi was starting to require photocopies of the passport face page?

Or you guys just went there and got hit with a new requirement, and had to go out and find a place to get your passport photocopied?

I have always taken to Nonthaburi

a. Copy of photo page of passport

b. Copy of last extension

c. Copy of Departure Card

d. Copy of Tambien Baan

e. Completed form.

f. Passport

I must add they never asked for them before, however when they had some girls doing

internship they started asking for them.

But I seem to remember reading they have always been a requirement that is why I took

them.

Paul and Kirk... had anyone advised beforehand that Nonthaburi was starting to require photocopies of the passport face page?

Or you guys just went there and got hit with a new requirement, and had to go out and find a place to get your passport photocopied?

It was reported last week I think, by someone here that they now require these documents.

Edited by beano2274

Huh my last 90 day reporting slip has 5 stamps on it. I've never been asked for a copy of anything at Phuket Immigration for a 90 day report. I'm usually in and out in less than 5 minutes. They told me only when I got a new passport I needed a copy of the front page and only if I change addresses would they need to look at my lease.

Has there been any changes for reporting in Chiang Mai?

I reported for my 90 day 2 weeks ago in C-Mai, Photocopy's of Passport which included my Visa,T.M. Card,Entry Stamp, no additional requirments as of then.

Did CM Immigration ask you for the passport photocopies, or have a known policy of asking for them beforehand?

Or did you just voluntarily include the photocopies in your submission?

Just went there and was told of the requirement. Normally only handed in passport with completed reporting form and received a new 90 day reporting date stapled to my passport.

Huh my last 90 day reporting slip has 5 stamps on it. I've never been asked for a copy of anything at Phuket Immigration for a 90 day report. I'm usually in and out in less than 5 minutes. They told me only when I got a new passport I needed a copy of the front page and only if I change addresses would they need to look at my lease.

I did the 90 day [retirement] report at Chonburi on 2nd August and just had my passport with the previous TM.47 stapled in it, the new TM.47 and a copy of my 3BB monthly statement to verify my address. I'm not even sure if the address verification is still required, although they always take it. Never have had to produce photos or other photocopies of anything. Depending on how many people are in the queue it only takes a few minutes. Time spent with the officer is rarely more than one minute.

The 2 Thai Police at windows 1 and 2 at Jomtien are great and very happy to help everyone. The window 1 man has always asked how I was doing... laughed at some jokes and always points out the next reporting date.

Edited by IAMSOBAD

CM on my previous 90 stamp required photocopies of key pages of my passport, signed, and the reporting form filled out, but no proof of address at that time. I go in Monday again.

Has there been any changes for reporting in Chiang Mai?

I reported for my 90 day 2 weeks ago in C-Mai, Photocopy's of Passport which included my Visa,T.M. Card,Entry Stamp, no additional requirments as of then.

Did CM Immigration ask you for the passport photocopies, or have a known policy of asking for them beforehand?

Or did you just voluntarily include the photocopies in your submission?

The new 90-Day reporting requirements are DEFINITELY in effect at Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration.

The information was published in the Pattaya City Expats Club's Newsletters on August 4 & 11 including a list of documents needed. It has been on the PCEC Website since August 9th. It appears their website was the source of the "Pattaya One" Breaking-News story.

[ Really nice of Thai Immigration to give everyone a heads-up . . . :bah: ]

SR... as you know, I'm not in Pattaya/Chonburi... But as to your comment about the new requirements "definitely" being in effect there....

I see the reference to the newspaper article reports in this thread... But, at least in this thread, I'm not seeing any member reports confirming that your local Immigration office has begun requiring the key passport page photocopies as part of the in-person 90-day reporting process.... Most of the member comments here have pertained to other Immigration offices.

Have there been verified TV member reports from Pattaya/Chonburi confirming that on the basis of their recent visits to Immigration? Or are we just going on the basis of newspaper reports that, as we all know, aren't always quite correct in their info?

You know, I was thinking again about my experience yesterday in BKK, and about how sometimes it's difficult to sort these things out correctly.

In my case, I submitted a big pile of paperwork for three things all at once, with a paperclipped set for each of the three -- my retirement extension, re-entry permit and 90 day report... For the extension and reentry permit, I had photocopies of my key passport pages included with those sets.

I didn't submit passport page photocopies in the clip of paperwork relating to my 90 day report, and they didn't ask me for an additional set of passport photocopies...although I had a third set in my folder..just in case...

Did they not ask me for the passport photocopies for my 90 day report because the same officers handling it had already seen my paperwork in connection with my other two things... Or... if I had just been doing the 90 day report alone, they still wouldn't have asked for those in BKK? As I think more about it, in retrospect, no clear way for me to know.

I did my report in to the Pattaya office within the last 2 weeks and although they had the new requirements posted they were definitely not enforcing them yet. They were however notifying all the folks reporting in that next time they would need to bring in all the newly required documents. For me I always bring in copies of my passport and visa pages so all I will need to add for next time is a copy of the tambien ban (house book) that doesn't even have my name in it. I did verify with them that this would suffice and they agreed that a copy of the tambien ban without my name listed in it was enough to verify my address.

"Have there been verified TV member reports from Pattaya/Chonburi confirming that on the basis of their recent visits to Immigration?"

My generic suggestion would be to NOT confuse Bangkok or any other Immigration office with Pattaya.

As far as I know, ThaiVisa does not permit linking to the PCEC website or newsletters, but a little ingenuity will lead you there if you so desire.

PCEC is a group that meets weekly and has for over 10 years. They are in direct contact with hundreds of Expats. I know the people personally who produce their newsletters and maintain their website. Neither I nor they would publish anything that hasn't been verified.

Below is a excerpt from the PCEC website -- Barry Kenyon is the former British Honorary Consul General for Pattaya. He assists Expats at Chonburi/Pattaya Immigration on a daily basis and is in direct contact with the head of Immigration, as well as all the chief honchos at the office. He also reports the latest vagaries of Thai Immigration at the first PCEC meeting of each month. I doubt that anyone will get much closer to the proverbial horses mouth than Barry Kenyon.

►90 Day Address Reporting: NEW REQUIREMENTS - Barry Kenyon announced at the August 7 meeting that Immigration Headquarters has instructed their Offices to require additional documentation to be submitted with the TM 47 - 90 day address report:

► Copy of passport Face Page

► Copy of latest Immigration Permission to Stay Stamp

► Copy of TM Departure Card (this is the white card that should be stapled in your passport)

► Copy of a document verifying your address (lease, utility bill, telephone bill, cable bill, etc.)

SR, I acknowledge your comments above...and I'm sure the sources involved do admirable work... My comments were only directed at the Pattaya Immigration office, and had nothing to do with BKK.

But if you'll notice, in the post prior to yours, a member who just went to do the 90 day report there at Pattaya said they're NOT enforcing the new rules yet and didn't require them of him -- although they have posted them in the office and are warning a change is coming.

That's what my prior post was directed at... what TV members who've gone to Pattaya lately for their 90 day report have encountered vs. what the media and others say is coming or has already arrived.

Edited by jfchandler