New Requirements For 90-Day Reporting

I did my 90-day address report today at Chonburi/Pattaya Immigration (Thursday 2:30pm). I decided I would run a test to see what they would ask for. I got the four copies to satisfy the alleged new requirements at the shop next door.

When I asked the guy who runs the queue numbers if I needed a number - he pointed outside and said "copy passport" (it later turned out he was only revealing 25% of the mystery). There were no Expats waiting and one clerk at the ready. I handed him the normal requisite form and my passport.

He said "Copy House-Paper" - I handed him a copy of a several month old Internet bill. He said "copy passport" - I handed that to him and he said "Copy Visa" - then "Copy 'something unintelligible'". I had only one document remaining, so I gave him that. He was satisfied and promptly applied the stamps. In and out in 5 minutes.

Of course, the wind could be blowing in a different direction tomorrow and all requirements might change.

For people in this thread who have expressed concern over address documentation, a House-Paper might be the answer. My House-Paper has only a bit of Thai gibberish and my address - no name is on the document.

Sounds like a pay phone....just keep inserting coins until its happy and allows you to make the call. ;) Seriously though, your method was a very good way to figure out what the requirements of the day were.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Same requirements in Phuket today + had to fill in the 90 day request form.

In and out in 5 mins.

Did my 90 day report today in Khon Kaen.

For the first time ever had to supply copies of Passport ID page. Last entry stamp and TM6 Entry Card.

As polite and friendly as ever but new requirements.

Thai Immigration Mobile Unit at Khao San Road (Buddy Lodge).

Attended today. No extra requirements. Arrived at 10:01, no other customers, completed normal process with no new materials requested, walked off at 10:08. See them in December.

Job done.

Given that I have been married to a Thai lady for 18 years and stayed with her for 5 years prior to getting married then I reckon I know full well that treatment of one against another is quite often different. I guess of all the 90 day reporters in Thailand some 80% or more have a Thai partner of one kind or another. If the Thai element of a partnership were to make the 90 day report on behalf of the foreigner then according to your criteria (or opinion) their respective 90 day reporting would be easier.

You may know how to treat a Thai and you may know how Thais treat each other, but you obviously don't know how Thais are treated by most government officials.......in 2 words: like shit. Most Thais who are aware of the treatment they get at Government offices don't like to go there or even do not want to get involved.

Actually Thai are not treated much different than most nationalities by there government officials in my experience. If they act reasonably there are treated with respect in most cases - 20 years ago this was often not the case, unless a degree holder/fellow officer, but in recent times there has been a marked improvement in service from what I have seen.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Did my 90 day report today in Khon Kaen.

For the first time ever had to supply copies of Passport ID page. Last entry stamp and TM6 Entry Card.

As polite and friendly as ever but new requirements.

Yesterday at Khon Kaen Immigration for 90 day report the officer returned my copies of last entry stamp and TM6, but sent me off to make a photocopy of latest annual extension stamp page. So add that to the list, googlers.

She didn't crack a smile for me, but very friendly with my wife.

Arrived a few minutes after 13:00 (end of lunch hour) and she was the only officer working, apart from the receptionist. Note that they close for an hour.

The electronic ticket machine that dispenses queue numbers according to choice of service required gave me 022, for 90 day reporting, but the officer

called 210, 211, then noticed us and asked. So no gripes.

Interesting topic I missed. Wife or myself have made 3 reports since this topic started and never have had to give anything other than the TM47 and old stub plus passport.

the last twice i have been no longer need tm47 only passport [korat]

• 3 months later...

Lopburi... you raise a good point, and now I have some uncertainty... so let me try to clarify...

--For mail-in 90 day reports in Bangkok, they do specifically ask for the photocopies of the passport face page, visa/extension stamp, latest arrival stamp and departure card. I presume that's because when you're mailing in your package, obviously you're not giving them access to your original passport book that contains those entries.

--The last time I did an in-person 90 day report at Chaeng Wattana about 6 months ago, they didn't want any of those photocopies... Just the application form and receipt of prior reporting.

--Today, when I did my in-person 90-day reporting at the mobile Immigration set-up at Bumrungrad Hospital, I signed two sets of those photocopies... one set clearly for my retirement extension. But now that I rethink it, the second set probably was for my re-entry permit... and NOT for my 90-day reporting...

So I stand corrected and should clarify...

At least in BKK, those photocopies are required as part of the mail-in 90-day reports... but not in my experience as part of the in-person 90-day reporting.

Re the mail in reporting requirements, see the enclosed screen shot from the BKK Immigration web site, taken earlier this week:

post-53787-0-31549100-1313836097_thumb.j

Sorry for the earlier confusion on my part... jap.gif

Your screenshot from immigration says to photocopy both sides of the departure card, but the back of my card is blank.

There are different types or cards - to old thick stock type were almost always stamped with the entry stamp on the back side. Believe the new thin paper may use the front but have never had that type. The immigration requirement has been both sides copied and that is what I have supplied for a decade now and they have not advised to change it - but as said my card is the old type.

The last time my wife and I entered Thailand was July of last year (2011). We gave both passports at the same time to the Immigration officer which have the thin, paper TM Departure Card with them. He stamped the date on the front side of my card and on the back of my wife's. So guess there isn't a "right side to stamp". I always copy both sides even if one side is blank. Avoids any potential problems.

• 3 weeks later...

How odd... I've been coming to or living in Thailand for almost 10 years now, and in all that time, have only received and seen one type of departure card, which by Lopburi's description above, I'd assume to be the "thin" paper type.

In all the country entries and exits through all those years, I've ONLY ever had those cards stamped on the front at DM and later Swampy Airport immigration checkpoints. And in all those entry/exits, the back side of those cards has always remained blank.

Likewise, in all my Immigration extension and 90 day reporting activities through those years, since I've always had an entirely blank reverse side of those departure cards, I've always provided only a photocopy of the front side of those cards where the date stamp and all the other info is contained. And I've never had or received any complaint about having done so.

So I've always wondered why Immigration's website always talked about photocopying the front and the back, since I had nothing to copy on the back.

• 4 months later...

Paul and Kirk... had anyone advised beforehand that Nonthaburi was starting to require photocopies of the passport face page?

Or you guys just went there and got hit with a new requirement, and had to go out and find a place to get your passport photocopied?

They have a photocopier there in an outside copy shop

• 11 months later...

I've just counted the days i last came into the country and my 90 days should of been done yesterday so i will be 2 days over . will i get a overstay fine as i did read once that you could do it a week before or a week after Help Please needed Thanks

You can report up to 7 days late that includes the day your report is due.

It is not an overstay if you are late doing your report.. An overstay is for going over your permuted to stay date.