World'S Sexiest Accents

Berkshire

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, lets face it, sexy has alot to do with the person speaking eh?

I mean, regardless of how Tony Jaa sounds, he sure looks good saying it ;)

That said, a less "country" Irish accent certainly has an appeal.

I once had a very attractive Irish lass say to me "Would you like to be the daddy of my next baby"

No such thing as a sexy language, it's the whole package that counts.

How about Tom Yam Goong dubbed for the Irish audience?

The less said about pissed up English "teachers" trying to impress tourists with their phrasebook Thai in the bars, the better.

The less said about English "teachers" the better full stop,

Although at times they are a good source of amusment

Especially when they parade their 'Look at me I live and work in Thailand' badge round lower Sukhumvit, the every shiny nylon tie.

White socks - black/brown shoes, or even worse dress trousers + shirt & tie and running shoes ....<deleted> is all that about

A quick getaway in case immigration comes a knocking. You forgot that ever present sweat glaze attributed to not removing said thai, I mean tie after class is over.

A quick getaway in case immigration comes a knocking.

:lol: ....never thought of that.....so these "English" teacher aint as dumb as we make them out to be.....:whistling: ....I always thought it was a precaution when it was their turn to buy a round of drinks they could do a runner.

A quick getaway in case immigration comes a knocking.

:lol: ....never thought of that.....so these "English" teacher aint as dumb as we make them out to be.....:whistling: ....I always thought it was a precaution when it was their turn to buy a round of drinks they could do a runner.

I thought that was what the chain across the entrance of the soi at Cheap Charlie's was for.

It seems to me this poll has much more to do with the perceived sex appeal of the person speaking than the sound (or accent) itself. Look at the finalists, all from groups of people with high sex appeal.

I never really thought that a strong accent sounds attractive or sexy, no matter what language they use. When Thais speak English, they tend to emphasize the last syllable whereas in English mostly the first syllable is emphasized. (onlee / only, etc).

But what I find down right funny is the tendency of many Thais to "swallow" the last letters. Not only the "s", but also things like "fly lice" or even "fly lie" (fried rice). "Him no tek ker shee" is another of my favorites. I still laugh at mistakes with a naughty side. "I wet you" (I wait for you), "You lie me" (Do you like me?) etc.

How about Tom Yam Goong dubbed for the Irish audience?

Was that "dubbed" or "dumbed"........:D

Bain taithneamh as an deireadh seachtaine

My wife has the voice of an angel, it was one of the first things I fell for, but she then gets on the phone to her mother with the skype speaker, I make myself scarce and I swear from my room it sounds like I'm back on the farm with the sheep in the yards maa maa. Keeps me awake for hous, I just can explain this!!

"With five tones comprising their native speech, the traffickers of this often fragile accent turn any language into a song of seduction. Thai is largely monosyllabic, so multi-beat foreign words get extra emphases right up until the last letter, which is often left off, leaving the listener wanting more. (Or at least asking "Huh?" lustfully.)"

The above quote somehow turns all the thorns (that foreign English teachers have to deal with here) into 100% roses. Artfully done! rolleyes.gif

The less said about pissed up English "teachers" trying to impress tourists with their phrasebook Thai in the bars, the better.

The less said about English "teachers" the better full stop,

Although at times they are a good source of amusment

Especially when they parade their 'Look at me I live and work in Thailand' badge round lower Sukhumvit, the every shiny nylon tie.

White socks - black/brown shoes, or even worse dress trousers + shirt & tie and running shoes ....<deleted> is all that about

From experience (not of being an English teacher) trainers are much more comfortable for walking around in and climbing the skytrain stairs in than proper shoes.

It seems to me this poll has much more to do with the perceived sex appeal of the person speaking than the sound (or accent) itself. Look at the finalists, all from groups of people with high sex appeal.

I never really thought that a strong accent sounds attractive or sexy, no matter what language they use. When Thais speak English, they tend to emphasize the last syllable whereas in English mostly the first syllable is emphasized. (onlee / only, etc).

But what I find down right funny is the tendency of many Thais to "swallow" the last letters. Not only the "s", but also things like "fly lice" or even "fly lie" (fried rice). "Him no tek ker shee" is another of my favorites. I still laugh at mistakes with a naughty side. "I wet you" (I wait for you), "You lie me" (Do you like me?) etc.

I'd say the article is referring to the Thai accent speaking the Thai language rather than Thais speaking English.

I've always found the Geordie accent as spoken by females to be very sexy, which completely discounts the sex appeal of the speaker!

From experience (not of being an English teacher) trainers are much more comfortable for walking around in and climbing the skytrain stairs in than proper shoes.

They are also better for fleeing the scene when the work permit officials show up looking for miscreants. ;)

I see in the Thai section they use a picture of Tony Jaa

"CHANG U NAI?"

Yeah gives me the horn every time. :huh:

The piccy isn't Tony Jaa but waste not want not :jap:

Very true.

The real deal

Monsit-Kamsoy-06.jpg

Edited by mca

I see in the Thai section they use a picture of Tony Jaa

"CHANG U NAI?"

Yeah gives me the horn every time. :huh:

The piccy isn't Tony Jaa but waste not want not :jap:

Very true.

The real deal

Monsit-Kamsoy-06.jpg

Sorry but I prefer the original - but there again I am a tart :lol:

thai-flick_idirectori-inline.jpg

:wub:

Edited by endure

The reason guys think it's sexy is because it reminds them of the hooker in Full Metal Jacket.

Oh Me So HORNEEEE !, Me love you long time !

What'll you do for 5 bucks ?

Any Ting you want !!

The reason guys think it's sexy is because it reminds them of the hooker in Full Metal Jacket.

Ummm no actually I do like how Madarin sounds

Not everyone learns languages via hookers ;)

One of their better singers was Teresa Teng who sadly died in of all places

Chiang Mai in 1995 of a respiratory attack while on holiday

While I think Cantonese is not pleasing at all.

I do think Madarin is very musical & easy on the ears

While I don't 100% agree with you, it really depends who is speaking, there is a comment about Cantonese speakers that always make me laugh " Why are these people always speaking like if their house were in fire? " biggrin.gif