Escaping Police, Sanctions?

shadyanna

Looking at the profile appears the OP is female. :whistling:

Well done. ;)

It's a 'she' in town for the girls then. That spices things up a bit. biggrin.gif

Stupid. They are other things to do in Pattaya. This week end there was the world wide championship of karate-do. Very Nice.

Two things you need to remember

A) Your insurance papers

B) Your sense of humour

There's a sad number of people here all to willing to propagate the system of corruption by paying off traffic cops.

Grow a pair, take a ticket, pay your fine and get a receipt at the station. Otherwise, you have lost your right to ever bitch and moan about corruption in Thailand ever again.

A little intelligence needs to be enacted by the OP.

The act of "running" has already been committed and with a little forethought you should be able to come up with an excellent excuse why you suddenly departed from the scene (insert your own reasons !)

Then get your backside back to the nearest station complete with documents, 1000 baht in hand, dont speak Thai,dress properly,tuck your shirt (blouse in) and be humble.

And do it quickly like today.

Odds are that will be the end of it.

What do you do now? Apart from the thought of ending up as someone'sbitch and having your ass turned into a clown's pocket.

Woopise...believe the OP is female

OK! Thank 'Soutpeel' In light of this, let me review what I said…………..hang on……………………………………No, I think my comment is still valid, (I've seen 'Cell block H') what's good for the goose…and all that.

Edited by Tonto21

Hi 'shadtanna'

Ok mate here it is, as I see it……You're in the wrong and nowyou're looking at ways to make it worse for yourself. This is obviously playingon your mind…….Just man-up and deal with it. GO AND PAY THE FINE…..Job done!

I agree a 'K' is abit steep, but what you gonna do, Run off and join the navy?

The not having your paper work with you when stopped is justone of those things; it can happen to anyone…….Even TV'ers believe it or not.

However, now you are moving into the 'bonehead zone' Get agrip of yourself, get to Pattaya with the money, pay your fine, get your licenseback, have a beer……..Ride home.

Living in Thailand, I think is a challenge for many reasons,corruption is rife for one, though it seems your 'bust' was above board, if youwant a quiet life here you need to stay of radar mate. You never know what mayhappen if you don't squire this away, it could come back and bite you in waysyou can't imagine.

Picture this; The BIB typical files all the paperwork, with yourlicense in a draw, and forgets about it. A cop on nights finds it, reads it, seesan angle to extract some money from you, using your Thai license Passportnumber gets your address….One night he and some buddy's, (in his own time)turns up at your place, kicks your door in, puts a .45 to your head and tellsyou your under arrest, slaps you in chuffs, and tells you you're going toprison….What do you do now? Apart from the thought of ending up as someone'sbitch and having your ass turned into a clown's pocket. You will not have aclue.

But lucky for you this cop has an idea……..Pay him an on thespot fine, say 75K, he can fix it so you walk.

Don't make the mistake of thinking this only happens infilms.

Pay-up……Move on.

Wow, did you hit the sauce early today, or just get back from a very late night? B)

What insurance papers? No such thing.

There are certain documents you need to carry with you while driving.

Proof of insurance is not one of them.

What do you mean no such thing as insurance papers?

And of course you need proof of insurance, everybody does.

Hi 'shadtanna'

Ok mate here it is, as I see it……You're in the wrong and nowyou're looking at ways to make it worse for yourself. This is obviously playingon your mind…….Just man-up and deal with it. GO AND PAY THE FINE…..Job done!

I agree a 'K' is abit steep, but what you gonna do, Run off and join the navy?

The not having your paper work with you when stopped is justone of those things; it can happen to anyone…….Even TV'ers believe it or not.

However, now you are moving into the 'bonehead zone' Get agrip of yourself, get to Pattaya with the money, pay your fine, get your licenseback, have a beer……..Ride home.

Living in Thailand, I think is a challenge for many reasons,corruption is rife for one, though it seems your 'bust' was above board, if youwant a quiet life here you need to stay of radar mate. You never know what mayhappen if you don't squire this away, it could come back and bite you in waysyou can't imagine.

Picture this; The BIB typical files all the paperwork, with yourlicense in a draw, and forgets about it. A cop on nights finds it, reads it, seesan angle to extract some money from you, using your Thai license Passportnumber gets your address….One night he and some buddy's, (in his own time)turns up at your place, kicks your door in, puts a .45 to your head and tellsyou your under arrest, slaps you in chuffs, and tells you you're going toprison….What do you do now? Apart from the thought of ending up as someone'sbitch and having your ass turned into a clown's pocket. You will not have aclue.

But lucky for you this cop has an idea……..Pay him an on thespot fine, say 75K, he can fix it so you walk.

Don't make the mistake of thinking this only happens infilms.

Pay-up……Move on.

Wow, did you hit the sauce early today, or just get back from a very late night? B)

A little from column ‘A’…….A little from column ‘B’ :rolleyes:

Where do you live?

I live in Bangkok sunshine

The insurance disc is a legal requirement and it must be available at all times. It is called por ror bor: http://www.jungprope...view.php?n_id=2

Spreading nonsense is not helpful.

I thought they did away with this a few years ago? Of course you would still need private insurance anyway, but not this one.

OK I will just give my take, for whatever reason you were pulled over for, doesn't matter. I will not make judgment on the post statements you have given.

If you haven't enough money on you for any offense you have committed it is the usual thing for police to retain your license, until you go to the police station and get your license back.

If you haven't a helmet on they will stop you from riding the bike away until you get hold of a helmet.

Please listen and everhow difficult it is, if I were you, I would go to the police station directly with all your papers and show them your insurance details and ask how much fine you have to pay to get your license back.

If anything is said about riding off, just say that all you understood was you had to come to the police station pay your fine to get your license back not to stay there.

The fact you said this, is odd, " In Chonburi where I am living and working, I was arrested several times." I hope not serious.

The following is something I have never been asked to produce, is not so much law breaking but as such a requirement of an alien while staying in Thailand.:D

While driving / riding a vehicle in Thailand.

You should have a valid drivers license and it is better to have a Thai one.

You should have your insurance certificate or a copy of it in the vehicle.

Your road funds with sticker on the vehicle.

A copy of your passport details and a copy of the page showing your validation of stay.

A copy of your yellow book or a copy of letter confirming your place of stay.

A copy of the vehicle book details.

A lot of cowboys will say cobblers but even though I was only in the boy scouts for 2 weeks I reckon the " Motto's " good.:rolleyes:

Shaddyanna,

Did you actually receive a citation from the officer or did you exit stage left before that happened?

If you did no need to worry about having your license on hand. If for some unfortunate reason you are to be pulled over you merely show them the ticket. They know the deal.

My GF just went through this in her car about 3 months back. She got pulled over for using her cell phone. The cop wanted her to pay him direct and my GF wanted no part of it. She said "NO, give me a ticket" Interestingly the cop did not want to write the ticket out. They actually argued over it. She insisted on it. He finally wrote it. Kept her license. She went 3 days later. Paid the 200bht fine, complained about how the officer was trying to get her to pay him directly. She even took his name and helmet badge number and submitted it. She said if I was ever to get pulled over the Ticket is your license replacement basically until you retrieve yours at the station.

Anyway best of luck and try and avoid incidents until you have your new license.

Shaddyanna,

Did you actually receive a citation from the officer or did you exit stage left before that happened?

If you did no need to worry about having your license on hand. If for some unfortunate reason you are to be pulled over you merely show them the ticket. They know the deal.

My GF just went through this in her car about 3 months back. She got pulled over for using her cell phone. The cop wanted her to pay him direct and my GF wanted no part of it. She said "NO, give me a ticket" Interestingly the cop did not want to write the ticket out. They actually argued over it. She insisted on it. He finally wrote it. Kept her license. She went 3 days later. Paid the 200bht fine, complained about how the officer was trying to get her to pay him directly. She even took his name and helmet badge number and submitted it. She said if I was ever to get pulled over the Ticket is your license replacement basically until you retrieve yours at the station.

Anyway best of luck and try and avoid incidents until you have your new license.

I think she had been given the ticket hence she knows what the fine is

why did he pull you .Was you not wearing a helmit ?

I had full safed red helmet. ;)

You were lucky you weren't shot......all over a measly 1K.......

He didn't have a gun. If not I would never do it. (I lived in Mexico several months). Oh, and he was working just in front the Police sation in Pattaya main beach road... :D (Yes, I know how stupid I was to go around in that weird street, but you know the F***g one way streets)

OK I will just give my take, for whatever reason you were pulled over for, doesn't matter. I will not make judgment on the post statements you have given.

If you haven't enough money on you for any offense you have committed it is the usual thing for police to retain your license, until you go to the police station and get your license back.

If you haven't a helmet on they will stop you from riding the bike away until you get hold of a helmet.

Please listen and everhow difficult it is, if I were you, I would go to the police station directly with all your papers and show them your insurance details and ask how much fine you have to pay to get your license back.

If anything is said about riding off, just say that all you understood was you had to come to the police station pay your fine to get your license back not to stay there.

The fact you said this, is odd, " In Chonburi where I am living and working, I was arrested several times." I hope not serious.

The following is something I have never been asked to produce, is not so much law breaking but as such a requirement of an alien while staying in Thailand.:D

While driving / riding a vehicle in Thailand.

You should have a valid drivers license and it is better to have a Thai one.

You should have your insurance certificate or a copy of it in the vehicle.

Your road funds with sticker on the vehicle.

A copy of your passport details and a copy of the page showing your validation of stay.

A copy of your yellow book or a copy of letter confirming your place of stay.

A copy of the vehicle book details.

A lot of cowboys will say cobblers but even though I was only in the boy scouts for 2 weeks I reckon the " Motto's " good.:rolleyes:

Finally a concise, useful and helpful answer. Thank you very much. Oh , and I was not "arrested" I was just stopped. Cultural translation mistake (and now, easy to guess where I'm coming from.

I 'm offering a beer to the one right when I go back to take my license)

Shaddyanna,

Thanks a lot, nice experience and your girlfriend is smarter than many persons in this topic... (starting with me ;) )

I got the ticket, and will surely proceed like that.

Edited by shadyanna

Well,

My nationality doesn't import. I had only 200 BHT when happened and they refused to understand.

I'm not really fearing that they will come to look for me as I am living quite far from Pattaya and they should have others things to do that loosing time for that.

I am just wondering how is the communication in Police network in thailand?

Do they keep IT records for that stupid things? (Please it's a fine for "not presentation of insurance", because insurance was at home)

In the country where I am coming from, you have 3 days to present your documents and they never keep your license.

Anyway, I have a second thai license for cars, an international license and I could declare someone stole my thai bike license in Bangkok. ;P (Or I lost it)

And thanks for the judging comments that are not giving any clues or help but surely written from a bar corner.

Hi ‘shadtanna’

Ok mate here it is, as I see it……You’re in the wrong and nowyou’re looking at ways to make it worse for yourself. This is obviously playingon your mind…….Just man-up and deal with it. GO AND PAY THE FINE…..Job done!

I agree a ‘K’ is abit steep, but what you gonna do, Run off and join the navy?

The not having your paper work with you when stopped is justone of those things; it can happen to anyone…….Even TV’ers believe it or not.

However, now you are moving into the ‘bonehead zone’ Get agrip of yourself, get to Pattaya with the money, pay your fine, get your licenseback, have a beer……..Ride home.

Living in Thailand, I think is a challenge for many reasons,corruption is rife for one, though it seems your ‘bust’ was above board, if youwant a quiet life here you need to stay of radar mate. You never know what mayhappen if you don’t squire this away, it could come back and bite you in waysyou can’t imagine.

Picture this; The BIB typical files all the paperwork, with yourlicense in a draw, and forgets about it. A cop on nights finds it, reads it, seesan angle to extract some money from you, using your Thai license Passportnumber gets your address….One night he and some buddy’s, (in his own time)turns up at your place, kicks your door in, puts a .45 to your head and tellsyou your under arrest, slaps you in chuffs, and tells you you’re going toprison….What do you do now? Apart from the thought of ending up as someone’sbitch and having your ass turned into a clown’s pocket. You will not have aclue.

Don’t make the mistake of thinking this only happens infilms.

Pay-up……Move on.

Just wondering if the OP is the type who criticize laws etc., when they break the law, but expect Thailand or any country to have such laws and expect the same laws will be used to their protection / to their benefit when it suits their purposes in some different circumstances.

Owning up to wrongdoing simply isn't the done thing in Thailand for several reasons. Look at all the 'hit and run' cases on the roads. Look at all the politicians. The bent business people. No one owns up. Ever. I think the adage 'When in Rome....' applies here.

"Owning up" to criminal behavior is actually done all the time and a accused criminal is expected to confess and will receive a much lighter punishment for doing so.

TH