Is Thailand Blocking Twitter?

danfred

anyone else getting this when they go to twitter.com?

“ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก

กระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศและการสื่อสาร ได้มีคำสั่งให้ระงับการเผยแพร่เว็บไซด์ที่ท่านต้องการเข้าชมเนื่องจากมีรูปภาพ ข้อความ และ เนื้อหาบางส่วนที่ไม่เหมาะสม สอบถามรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่กระทรวงเทคโนโลยีสารสนเทศและการสื่อสาร โทร 0 2141 6950”

"Sorry for the inconvenience. Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. Issued an order to suspend the release site that you want to visit. Because there are pictures and some content that is not appropriate. For more information, visit. Ministry of Communications and Information Technology Tel: 0 2141 6950 ".

Twitter.com appears to be blocked with both 3BB ADSL and DTAC GPRS (when using browser, but works fine when using Android Twitter app)... also can access when using CAT EV-DO. 3BB/DTAC must have messed up block lists.

Edited by danfred

Twitter.com appears to be blocked with both 3BB ADSL and DTAC GPRS (when using browser, but works fine when using Android Twitter app)... also can access when using CAT EV-DO. 3BB/DTAC must have messed up block lists.

Correction.... it does work on DTAC GPRS... didn't realize my phone had Wi-Fi on (3BB)... so it appears only 3BB is blocking twitter.com

RT @sunaibkk: 3BB Call Center claimed the blocking of Twitter was caused by a glitch. They actually tried to block another website! / Ohh..! / Via@saksith

I know MICT often shoots from the hip and blocks banks of IP addresses because a friend of mine had his website blocked because it was hosted on the same bank of servers as some red-shirts site. He is an IT guy and so after getting MICT to give him the offending site URL, was then able to locate the specific IP address. He then contacted the server company who was at first reluctant to block the red shirt site, so he sent them a paragraph out of their own terms of service showing the red shirt site was in violation, and they closed the site. He sent that info to MICT and they then unblocked the bank of IP addresses including his site.

Bit of a ball ache chatting by e mail.

That may be true. I dont know.

For keeping in touch I use email. For chatting I use Skype or VOIP. Horses for courses.

Twitter and Facebook arent chatting media; they are broadcast media (broadcast = one sender, multiple recipients). And mostly they are used for broadcasting boring ephemera to morons.

I can so easily do without both.