New Vet In Say Yuan

evanson

I've noticed someone's actually opened somethging useful in one of the many empty shophouses lining Sai Yuan road, a vet's surgery (Dr Boo) - around 150 meters from the main Vichit road. Anybody been there? Can recommend? Save fagging into Chalong.

I had them come around to check a sick soi dog, and they charged nothing...was told they can do basic stuff from their shop on Sai Yuan-they don't have an x-ray machine, etc but I noticed they also have a grooming service. They both spoke decent English.

We have a cat who has suffered renal failure and must go to the vet every 10 days... We recently switched from a vet in Phuket Town to Dr. Boo. So far quite impressed... way closer, 50% of the cost and very good personal service. Two thumbs up so far!!!

We have a cat who has suffered renal failure and must go to the vet every 10 days... We recently switched from a vet in Phuket Town to Dr. Boo. So far quite impressed... way closer, 50% of the cost and very good personal service. Two thumbs up so far!!!

Okay. Without naming the vet, which soi/road in town? Am thinking of a second opinion. Not grasping at straws, simply concerned at lack of information from nice but timorous Dr Boo.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay. Without naming the vet, which soi/road in town? Am thinking of a second opinion. Not grasping at straws, simply concerned at lack of information from nice but timorous Dr Boo.

Sorry been away for a while... He is in the villa complex at the intersection on Choa Fa East which you can turn at coming from Chalong to get t the motor vehicle department and/or immigration. There is a 7-11 and tropical fish shop there as well.

Sorry been away for a while... He is in the villa complex at the intersection on Choa Fa East which you can turn at coming from Chalong to get t the motor vehicle department and/or immigration. There is a 7-11 and tropical fish shop there as well.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Not the vet I was thinking of.

As to Dr Boo, would earnestly suggest anyone with a pet requiring serious medical attention look elsewhere. She's quite new, doesn't ask for/give full information and nice as she is, had been warned, as I suspected, she's a bit dense. And this from a senior Thai who knows her and is not a vet, so impartial opinion/advice. Most importantly, it is your pet, never mind the convenience. She needs more experience under her belt.

After a week of one of my dogs on kidney dialysis at home, took him off to PAWS hospital on Thanon Kwang. Much more experienced Dr Aui who explains ever single thing very clearly and advises best action to take. Thanks again.