Red-Shirt Leaders, Shinawatra Friends Appointed

webfact

Red-shirt leaders, Shinawatra friends appointed

By Piyanart Srivalo

The Nation

Leaders and other key members of the red shirts were rewarded yesterday as the Cabinet endorsed their appointments as officers attached to the Secretariat of the Prime Minister.

They include Paijit Aksornnarong, Thanakrit Cha-emnoi (also known as Wanchana Kerddee), Weera Choosathan, Chavarat Urasayanan, Rangsee Serichaijaimoong, Pol Colonel Sa-ngiem Samranrat, Pipatchai (aka Somchai) Paiboon, Worawut Wichaidit and Atthachai Anantamek.

Government Spokeswoman Titima Chaisang said radio host Anusorn Iamsa-ard had been appointed deputy government spokesman not because he was a red shirt, but because he was a friendly and determined man with extensive political knowledge.

Also among the appointees were key people connected to the Shinawatras, such as Chaiyika Wongnapachan, a daughter of Yaowaret Shinawatra, who is a sister of Prime Minister Yingluck and ex-premier Thaksin.

Another was Ittinat Hongchuwate, a son of Sarote Hongchuwate, Pheu Thai deputy director and aide to Thaksin's ex-wife Khunying Pojaman na Pombejra.

Other appointees of political office-holders endorsed yesterday include:

Advisers to the prime minister:

General Panlop Pinmanee

Olarn Chaipravat

Suchon Chaleekrua

General Chaisit Shinawatra

PM's deputy secretaries-general for political affairs:

Prasit Chaiwirattana

Nirut Khunnawat

Pol Maj-General Thawat Boonfueng

Suchart Lainamngern

Surachet Chaikosol

Advisers to deputy prime ministers:

Suchon Champoonot (to Yongyuth Wichaidit)

Pol Maj-General Boonlert Nantawisit (to Pol Captain Chalerm Yoobamrung)

Pol Lieutenant Chaovarin Lathasaksiri (to Pol General Kowit Wattana)

Pol Maj-General Paitoon Cherdmanee (to Kittirat na Ranong)

Adviser to PM's Office Minister Kritsana Seehalak:

Suwat Muangsiri

Deputy government spokespersons:

Anuttama Amornwiwat

Chalitrat Chandrubeksa

Secretaries to PM's office ministers:

Jaruwong Ruangsuwan (to Surawit Khonsomboon)

Wim Roongwattanajinda (to Kritsana)

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-08-27

No different to any other country with an elected government, it's simply pay back time for the supporters. Not going to give positons to the dems or other opposition now are they!

Just that here in Thailand it is somewhat more transparent..

Noticed this in the NNT news release on the appointment of a UDD radio program host, Anusorn Iamsa-at, as the new deputy government spokesman, who was defended by his new boss, the top government spokeswoman now, Titima Chaisang, a PTP member of Parliament and former aide to Chaturon Chaisang, I presume a relative of hers who also is the former acting leader of the TRT party, among other things..

Ms Titima admitted that she personally has no previous experience in this field; therefore, she said she has to adjust herself to the position. She then asked for sympathy and cooperation from the press and voiced her confidence that she will be able to work efficiently.

Upon a criticism that the government is eclipsed by the leadership of ex-Prime Minister Police Lieutenant Colonel Thaksin Shinawatra, the spokesperson said there is no need to clarify this issue because the ex-prime minister does not meddle in national administration while Ms Yingluck always acts on her own.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255408260010

I can see she's already off to a fast start....

No different to any other country with an elected government, it's simply pay back time for the supporters. Not going to give positons to the dems or other opposition now are they!

The transition from condemning similar type of behaviour undertaken by the Dems, such as the stupid appointment of Kasit, to the shrug of the shoulders and the "well that's just the way it is, the way it's always been" that we see from you now PTP are doing it, has been a smooth and seamless complete about turn.

Edited by rixalex

Advisers to the prime minister:

General Chaisit Shinawatra

From a few months ago in a harbinger of things to come. Thaksin's cousin must be a bit disappointed at only becoming an Adviser to the PM instead of his anticipated Defense Minister.

Another Shinawatra has chimed in regarding the Pheu Thai Party slogan (and thread sub-title), "Thaksin Thinks and Pheu Thai Does It"

Former Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces (appointed by his cousin, Thaksin) General Chaisit Shinawatra

Article (in Thai)

http://www.innnews.co.th/Politic.php?nid=280250

INN News - April 15, 2011

In an interview with INN News, Chaisit feels that any member of the extended Shinawatra clan could become prime minister and finds Yingluck to be a suitable candidate.

He indicated that his cousin, Thaksin, will be the one to choose the Pheu Thai Party candidate for the position of PM. He goes on to say that Thaksin will only return to Thailand when he is positive that he will not have to serve any of his adjudicated prison time.

If the PTP were to win, they will seek avenues to exonerate him from that sentence.

Lastly, Chaisit indicated that he is confidant of landing the position of Defence Minister if PTP wins.

The transition from condemning similar type of behaviour undertaken by the Dems, such as the stupid appointment of Kasit, to the shrug of the shoulders and the "well that's just the way it is, the way it's always been" that we see from you now PTP are doing it, has been a smooth and seamless complete about turn.

Aw, my one and only follower, I am touched that somebody cares. :D

"Smooth and seamless" - now that's complimentary,not indended I am sure- I have certainly been described in worse ways. But then I prefer a party that has been elected by the majority, not one that was not.

Lets give them a chance and see what they can do. I am sure PTP like other parties before them will soon enough do some things that will justify criticism and derision but I doubt if they will care if it comes from the likes of us foreigners that do not have a vote and are here solely as guests.

TIT

Aw, my one and only follower, I am touched that somebody cares. :D

"Smooth and seamless" - now that's complimentary,not indended I am sure- I have certainly been described in worse ways. But then I prefer a party that has been elected by the majority, not one that was not.

Lets give them a chance and see what they can do. I am sure PTP like other parties before them will soon enough do some things that will justify criticism and derision but I doubt if they will care if it comes from the likes of us foreigners that do not have a vote and are here solely as guests.

TIT

Soley as guests, I certainly was taught to treat my guests well... if I am a guest in Thailand , why has it and does it continue to cost me a small fortune.. why are my hosts so rude .. but, thankfully and what is great for all us guests, is that this current government, God Bless Them , are gonna make a complete bal-ls up and drive the baht to a new low, thus giving us all a much better exchange rate for out dollars, and making Thailand a much better host country... lets hope there are no jobs but one for all those lovely young host daughters..! Manna from heaven.. God is great..!

Exactly!

I guess the people in this forum suggesting that do this is somewhat crooked haven't analyzed their own home gov'ts very closely - ignorance is bliss I guess.

Exactly!

I guess the people in this forum suggesting that do this is somewhat crooked haven't analyzed their own home gov'ts very closely - ignorance is bliss I guess.

What is your "home government" then?

Mine is led by a man called Cameron. If what you are implying is true, a quick search should find that since he came to power, various family members of his have suddenly risen to high positions of power throughout governmental departments.

Soley as guests, I certainly was taught to treat my guests well... if I am a guest in Thailand , why has it and does it continue to cost me a small fortune.. why are my hosts so rude .. but, thankfully and what is great for all us guests, is that this current government, God Bless Them , are gonna make a complete bal-ls up and drive the baht to a new low, thus giving us all a much better exchange rate for out dollars, and making Thailand a much better host country... lets hope there are no jobs but one for all those lovely young host daughters..! Manna from heaven.. God is great..!

I am definitely a guest in this lovely country but it would appear that my hosts are better than yours as I certainly don't find them rude, quite the opposite-perhaps attitude is a factor?

If you find that Thailand costs you a small fortune, have a look around, there are plenty of alternatives that could cost you a large fortune.

As for a depreciating baht, which do you think is the more stable currency the ฿ or your $?

Well i'm pretty sure in the UK they do not have about 20 ex police officers as MP's or parliamentary advisors :rolleyes:

Well i'm pretty sure in the UK they do not have about 20 ex police officers as MP's or parliamentary advisors :rolleyes:

Coming soon if not already. ;)

PM calls for foreign police to take top jobs

How many UK MP's are under indictment for terrorism?

Posts containing copyrighted pictures removed.

Do not hotlink to pictures even if they are posted on a third party web site.

This applies for all copyrighted pictures where posters are not owners.

22) Not to post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles).

I think Gerry Adams and others were once labelled as terrorists and was/still is an MP in the UK.?

Terrorist/freedom fighter-often separated by only a time line.

Personally i couldn't care what label you want to give someone like Adams or McGuiness. I know what these people are to me. I know what they have done. I know what they have got away with. I know the suffering they have caused. They make me truly sick.

I think Gerry Adams and others were once labelled as terrorists and was/still is an MP in the UK.?

So there's never been a time when a dozen or so UK MP's were indicted for terrorism.

Thanks

Edited by Buchholz

No different to any other country with an elected government, it's simply pay back time for the supporters. Not going to give positions to the dems or other opposition now are they!

If people in this country were appointed on the basis of ability then the above appointments would be fine. But this is clearly not the case and more examples of Nepotism on a grand scale. Today is not the problem. I wonder what shape this country will be in, in say 2013?????

Martin McGuiness served time in the '70s if I remember correctly

Just like her cabinet, I'm sure these people were selected because they are people with knowledge and capabilities. Not sure what knowledge or capabilities, but surely in the same league as the cabinet :)

"Ms Yingluck promised that the cabinet line-up will comprise people with knowledge and capabilities. She asked all sides to wait and see her administration prior to making criticisms as she is confident that the new cabinet will not be a time bomb for her government."

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255407260009

some people seem to have a very high expectation of Thai politics, i wonder where it comes from and when they have previously seen it in action here?

Great post :thumbsup:

Maybe it was because of all sides' politicians' incessant "We're doing it for the people" ramblings over the past - well - god-knows-how-long.

Maybe it's because larger numbers of Thais are more politically aware than they were 15 years ago and figured this might trigger a bit more honesty in politics.

Maybe it's because the country is so split that they all believe that the excrement of their local preferred party smells of roses.

Exactly!

What is your "home government" then?

Mine is led by a man called Cameron. If what you are implying is true, a quick search should find that since he came to power, various family members of his have suddenly risen to high positions of power throughout governmental departments.

555!!!

Regarding my country's government: we still have none...

On 1 June 2011, Belgium matched the record for time taken to form a new democratic government after an election, at 353 days, held until then by Cambodia in 2003-04.

But apparently, people are not suffering about that fact...

Opposite, on my last visit they were looking happier. cool.gif

Or maybe their smiles were only due to the first sunshine of summer?!?