What Are My Choices ?

Have been in Thailand on a "Non B" for the last 18+ months.

Recently married about 3 months back, and yes the all legal type at the government.

She has a Thai daughter that lives with us. Working on adopting her

Have been working for a Thai company the last 18 months but now want to quit

What are my options? I am 49 nearly 50 in a few months but don't want to go the retired route for a few years more

I do want to go to school when I quit my job.

I do make 50,000 Bt here a month but as I said want to stop the job. I do make over 40,000 Bt a month from out side sorces back home (rental income)

I really don't want to leave Thailand to get a new visa, but as I said what are my options ?

As said how you go about it depends on what you actually have now.

These are basically the requirements for a 12 month extension based on having a Thai Wife.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

EDIT. Your current extension ends on the day you finish work.

So you either extend for education or Thai wife. For education you will need school paperwork. For Thai wife financials as above.

As you thinking of full time university education or part time language school? It may be a different period for extensions of stay.

As for rental income that would have to be acceptable to your Embassy first and immigration second to be used. Under age 50 you are really expected to be employed but not sure they still require it (for Thai wife extension of stay).

Can't work on a retirement or ed visa/extension and your circumstances may change where you need or want to work again in the future, consider the wife extension of stay. If you see a job you like and change your mind at least then you can apply for a new work permit without needing to change your reason for extension of stay.

Nothing stopping you from studying on this extension either if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but still confused.

I went to immigration and said I have stopped work on my Non B with extention to stay.

Said I want to change over to extention based on marraige

They gave me information

it has been 2 weeks now

Should I leave Thailand get a NON 0 and return and do it or can I just simply go to immigration and do it with little problems

really don't want to leave for very long if at all

If you have a 12 month extension based on work it died the day you finished work and you are now on overstay.

Overstay fine is 500 baht a day.

You will probably have to leave and get a Visa.

Go and have a chat with Immigration tomorrow and see what they say.

Act polite and clueless. ;)

Go to your employer and ask him for a letter confirming you have resigend, clearly marking the last day of employement. You will need one for the labour office and one for immigration. That will cancel your work permit and permission to stay.

The day of your last employement will determine if you are on overstay and if they are willing to give you n extension based on your marriage or that you will need to get a new non-O visa.

Prepare all the documents that you need for a 1 year extension based on a Thai wife. It seems you will need an embassy letter, so you might want to apply for a 60 day extension first to give you time to get all relevant papers.

Go to your employer and ask him for a letter confirming you have resigend, clearly marking the last day of employement. You will need one for the labour office and one for immigration. That will cancel your work permit and permission to stay.

The day of your last employement will determine if you are on overstay and if they are willing to give you n extension based on your marriage or that you will need to get a new non-O visa.

Prepare all the documents that you need for a 1 year extension based on a Thai wife. It seems you will need an embassy letter, so you might want to apply for a 60 day extension first to give you time to get all relevant papers.

Chance of my employer giving me a letter is ZERO left on very bad terms

Why a letter from the Embasy ? For what ? My marraige was in Thailand with Thai papers and my money is in the bank, here in Thailand ?

As a second Question, time to get the Non O in KLP takes how many days ? Drop off 1 day and get the next ???

If you have the money in bank there is no need for multi entry visa - single entry would be all that is required and can be obtained from any Thai Consulate with normal marriage/wife id/home register documents.

As for letter from former employer they would provide or face the police as it is a requirement but if you have waited two weeks that option may no longer be available. You say you went to immigration two weeks ago and obtained information? Did you act on that information? I suspect they would have called employer and that employer would have provided the letter if you told them that was the problem. Did you actually try to cancel your extension of stay?