Atm Withdrawal Limits For Cambodia & Laos?

altmtl

I flew into PP the other day, used the ATM in the area where you get the VOA (don't recall name, can't find the slip just now). It said the limit was $250, but I think that was per transaction as opposed to per day. Also got tagged with a $4 local fee.

I have yet to check the other banks, but word going around is Canadia the one to use.

Here in Vientiane Laos the max/trans are 1,000,000. plus a 20,000 fee per trans will show on your bank statement. daily limit are depend on your card limit/day i got 7 mills from my card that's 7 trans in about five minutes. same goes with your credit cards.

Here in Vientiane Laos the max/trans are 1,000,000. plus a 20,000 fee per trans will show on your bank statement. daily limit are depend on your card limit/day i got 7 mills from my card that's 7 trans in about five minutes. same goes with your credit cards.

You'll find if you go to the ANZ Bank ATM's you can withdraw 2,000,000 at a time.

'phuketrichard' timestamp='1314868889' post='4666166']

My gf uses an SCB atm to pull money from an account i fund here and she pulls $600/trip (Cambodia)

charge is 150 baht but exchange rate sucks (thai baht to us$)

I use Canadia in Cambodia , no ATM charge , $800.00 limit and good exchange rate , my bank charges $5.00 for off shore ATM use .

Tried Canadia bank in PP. $400 transaction max, no local fee. Didn't try a second transaction.

Everyone in PP knows $1=4,000 riel. Eg, someone says something cost 1,000 hand them a $1 bill and they'll give you back 3,000 without discussion. Can't say if they're as sharp about it outside the city. Always have some riel handy as tuktuk/moto/taxi drivers never have change, just like anywhere else in the world. <_<

On trips to Lao I always brought in baht or dollars and exchanged with local changers, never tried the ATMs.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea that exchange rate at an ATM is almost 1 baht per dollar lower than money exchange places

My gf uses an SCB atm to pull money from an account i fund here and she pulls $600/trip (Cambodia)

charge is 150 baht but exchange rate sucks (thai baht to us$)

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the info...

On this site it says the max withdrawal per day is 8 million kip: http://www.retire-as.../lao-bank.shtml not that I'll want to carry that much cash around with me - lol

"*Transaction limits and fees: ANZ allows up to 2 million kip ($250) per transaction with a40,000 kip ($5) fee and an 8 million kip daily maximum. BCEL now offers 1 million kip per transaction for a 20,000 kip fee; up to 2 million per day. JDB charges 30,000 kip per 1 million kip ($125) transaction, with a 4 million kip per day maximum. PSV does not charge a fee for up to maximum 1 million kip per transaction."

Are using Canadian TC's in some cases, a good alternative? Apparently there is a 2% commission. I'm just trying to avoid the $5.00 fee I get charged at home from my bank. I will have some US$ dollars for emergencies.

I know in TH, changing TC's at SuperRich has become a popular option due to the 150 baht fee charged by everyone except AEON.

Also, have any of you heard about the BCEL ATM's stealing money from accounts? or Their CC scam?

http://www.travelfis...m-your-account-

Edited by altmtl