Farang Becoming Monks

zzaa09

Oh yeah; chicks dig that mystical flapdoodle all right.

Fancy a date?

Depends.......have you been a monk?

Well, no, but I can spout stuff like `that from which can be deviated is not the Tao` after inbibing copious ammounts of lager beer. I will even pretend I know what it means if you like....

Good enough, I'm in.................of course, you do know I'm a fella.......right?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah; chicks dig that mystical flapdoodle all right.

Fancy a date?

Depends.......have you been a monk?

Well, no, but I can spout stuff like `that from which can be deviated is not the Tao` after inbibing copious ammounts of lager beer. I will even pretend I know what it means if you like....

Good enough, I'm in.................of course, you do know I'm a fella.......right?

....You`re not Johnny Bravo`s sister?

Nah........sorry (scratches crotch and lets one rip).

Nah........sorry (scratches crotch and lets one rip).

Dammit.

P.S. By the way, there is no "requirement" in Buddhisim that insists on a Buddhist believing in a God or creator of any kind. Buddhisim is not a religion, and doesn't insist on belief in anything. For many Buddhists Buddha was just a human being, not a God, who discovered and revealed certain things about people and how they should live their lives. No God or Religion involved there.

and having been through various things and experiencing different aspects of life I believe this is one system that can bring you closer to a true form of spirituality bringing humanity closer together....many religions claim this, however only after years of violence and domination of their brothers do they begin to gear their religion towards the care for their fellow man....Westerners becoming monks is a good thing...although the robe thing does look a little funny when worn by a falang...Godbeless

Buddhisim is not a religion, and doesn't insist on belief in anything. For many Buddhists Buddha was just a human being, not a God, who discovered and revealed certain things about people and how they should live their lives. No God or Religion involved there

Buddhism is a religion.

Of course there are beliefs - what about 'reincarnation'?

There are many different types of Buddhism which are separate due to their beliefs.

In the eighties, I spent time in Dharmasala, India, learning about Tibetan Buddhism. I also spent time in Surathani, Thailand with a famous Therava monk. I assure you that their BELIEFS are very different. I've forgotten a lot of what I learned as I chose not to continue with the practise of this religion. However, from time to time, I will go to the temple for a day or two for some quiet meditation and contemplation.

as usual many people tar everyone with the same brush.

all farang who do anything have numerous different reasons and motives.

why do farang became monks, ask the individual.

probably similar reasons as thai men become monks, after all philosophy is not limited to thais only, buddha was not thai.