Making A Noise That No One Hears Or Cares About

hagler

Thaksin has the exact same personality as Hitler, and in my opinion is easily capable of acting similarly to Hitler given the right set of circumstances.

Thaksin does not have a mustache.

Thaksin did not kill 6 million Jews.

Thaksin did not start a war against Russia.

Thaksin was not a vegetarian.

Thaksin did not start a war that killed 60 million people.

Thaksin didn't bomb London.

Hitler had no interest in sports or games of any kind.

What an idiotic post.

Imagine what might have happened had Thaksin been in charge of Germany back in 1939.

Any leader can grow a moustache. And any powerful leader can start a war.

Thaksin would have been like a kid in a sweet shop. He would have had the time of his life.

Poland today; London tomorrow. Oh -- and after that, let's take out Man Utd.

Times change. Personalities don't.

An idiotic post that replies to a post that replies to an idiotic post ..... If it's a contest, you're in the leading pack.

And please get your facts straight, Thaksin enjoys very good relations with Thailand neighbors. It's your idiotic yellow friends who started with a diplomatic row with Singapore and ended by trying to start a war with Cambodia.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Given that I am probably the staunchest advocate on this site of pointing out how Thaksin is in fact a demagogue and is very similar to Hitler, I find your characterization of me as an "idiot" insulting. You have obviously never met that despicable cretin, or you wouldn't be making such a ludicrous statement.

Thaksin has the exact same personality as Hitler, and in my opinion is easily capable of acting similarly to Hitler given the right set of circumstances.

What an idiotic post.

Imagine what might have happened had Thaksin been in charge of Germany back in 1939.

Thaksin would have been like a kid in a sweet shop. He would have had the time of his life.

Imagine!!!! There are two sets of facts. What two people did and what they did not do. There are terrible dictators who slaughter innocents now as there were then. One was ousted by an illegal coup and one committed suicide while the millions of men attacked his country from all sides. One man was responsible for the deaths of 60 million people one was not. To compare the two is absurd. Who can one compare to Hitler? Stalin, Mao tse tung? The list is quite small. Thank goodness mass murderers on that level are few and far in between.

What an idiotic post.

An idiotic post that replies to a post that replies to an idiotic post ..... If it's a contest, you're in the leading pack.

And please get your facts straight, Thaksin enjoys very good relations with Thailand neighbors. It's your idiotic yellow friends who started with a diplomatic row with Singapore and ended by trying to start a war with Cambodia.

I suppose if he'd sold rather than reclaimed saarland and the sudetenland, HItler might have enjoyed good relations with his neighbours.

SC

This thread should have been locked from the start. The Thai Visa farang political experts were pretty much confined to the Thailand news and now they have taken this over too. Nearly every forum now has hateful paranoid posters and I for one get really tired of hearing the nasty criticism about the lawfully elected government. And YES, I'll again use the hated remark that if you don't like it here, go home.

Seconded. Minus the final remark: I don't mind people discussing politics or offering criticism where it is due, but there are some keyboard-Rambo's on here that really need to go find themselves a hobby (or a padded room) instead of jumping up and town talking about hitler and civil war. :crazy:

Edited by CheGuava

About Thaksin.. Well, I would speak up when some idiot goes off the deep end comparing him to Hitler

Given that I am probably the staunchest advocate on this site of pointing out how Thaksin is in fact a demagogue and is very similar to Hitler, I find your characterization of me as an "idiot" insulting. You have obviously never met that despicable cretin, or you wouldn't be making such a ludicrous statement.

Thaksin has the exact same personality as Hitler, and in my opinion is easily capable of acting similarly to Hitler given the right set of circumstances. If you believe I am an idiot for observing this, then I would say that reflects more on you than it does on me.

Thaksin can not be allowed to return at any cost. If he tries to come back, there will be fighting. Count on it. There are still people in this country with integrity.

However Greg, your post is a good example of the topic of this thread. Bravo for that. ;)

Give him time. He won't be killing jews, as there simply not enough of them to make a difference in Thailand, however the so called wealthy "elite" seem more than a lil bit nervous.

<snip>

Edited by soundman
Advocating assassination.

About Thaksin.. Well, I would speak up when some idiot goes off the deep end comparing him to Hitler

Thaksin has the exact same personality as Hitler, and in my opinion is easily capable of acting similarly to Hitler given the right set of circumstances. If you believe I am an idiot for observing this, then I would say that reflects more on you than it does on me.

Thaksin can not be allowed to return at any cost. If he tries to come back, there will be fighting. Count on it. There are still people in this country with integrity.

However Greg, your post is a good example of the topic of this thread. Bravo for that. ;)

Give him time. He won't be killing jews, as there simply not enough of them to make a difference in Thailand, however the so called wealthy "elite" seem more than a lil bit nervous.

And I think they should be, unless a patriot dose the right thing when the shot chance presents it's self.

Your post makes no sense unless you list some credible reason for your statements.

And I think they should be, unless a patriot dose the right thing when the shot chance presents it's self.

Your post makes no sense unless you list some credible reason for your statements.

It may not make sense to you, but it dose to the right people. Ask a Thai who has something going for themselves, loyal to the "powers that be" (term used because of rules about discussing certain parties in political context) , and is against the kind of terrorism that taxsin's red shirts are known for.

To them the statement should make perfect sense.

This topic has seriously de-railed.

Please get back to discussing whether any farangs have influence on Thai politics etc. - not Hitler, Stalin et al., and refrain from flaming each other for opposing point's of view, or the topic will be locked.

You know, you just want to say, wake up. The great majority of Thai people don't even know Thailand was in WW II let alone whose side they were on and who Hitler was. Since everyone has a hi so Thai significant other ask them. Mine told me history was not a big thing at college. She studied engineering.

I dislike unfair comparisons with historical figures but I am not nutty enough to think any Thais know who the historical figures were.

Now if we were discussing golden snuff boxes everyone would have the answer.

The most connected of expats - senior diplomats - are not able to exert significant influence on Thai politics (rightly so too imho), and frequently misread the machinations of the Thai establishment(s) by a country mile. So we on TV can certainly not. Re OP's question on why do TV members spend so much energy on these topics, I'd prefer to defer to a fully qualified psychoanalyst.

The most connected of expats - senior diplomats - are not able to exert significant influence on Thai politics (rightly so too imho), and frequently misread the machinations of the Thai establishment(s) by a country mile. So we on TV can certainly not. Re OP's question on why do TV members spend so much energy on these topics, I'd prefer to defer to a fully qualified psychoanalyst.

I completely agree with you. My grandfather used to talk to the TV. Television not Thai Visa.

This topic has seriously de-railed.

Please get back to discussing whether any farangs have influence on Thai politics etc. - not Hitler, Stalin et al., and refrain from flaming each other for opposing point's of view, or the topic will be locked.

BREAKING NEWS

Forum moderator threatens to close thread. NASDAQ drops 3%.

More at 11.

----------------------

What's the problem -- did none of your students turn up for their kingerdarden class?

Edited by andrewbkk

LoL Andrew, Nice :D

Kerryk- What is it with some pepole and the ubiquitous "Hi-so" Thai girlfriend bashing phenomina? I mean for every 1 person who says his GF is Hi-So I see like 50 pepole saying everyone has one. Whats up with that? Is it just a bunch of guys with gutter trash dregs on their arm venting? Or do we really see allot of pepole claiming they are married to to huge wealthy families?

As for the OP. I think it's natural for anyone who LIVES here, citizen or expat alike to have a opinion on polotics. Just because you can't change things dosn't mean you can't have an oppinion.

As for the OP. I think it's natural for anyone who LIVES here, citizen or expat alike to have a opinion on polotics. Just because you can't change things dosn't mean you can't have an oppinion.

Obviously! And this being an internet discussion forum focused on expats in THAILAND, what would you expect?

Obviously! And this being an internet discussion forum focused on expats in THAILAND, what would you expect?

OhI don't know, maybe not to be flamed/banned/ostracized/hated on/ ect for your opinion........NAHjust kidding I been around long enough to expect ALL those things and more onsuch a forum. But that dosn't stop me from saying what I gotta say. Nor shouldit stop anyone else.

LoL Andrew, Nice :D

Kerryk- What is it with some pepole and the ubiquitous "Hi-so" Thai girlfriend bashing phenomina? I mean for every 1 person who says his GF is Hi-So I see like 50 pepole saying everyone has one. Whats up with that? Is it just a bunch of guys with gutter trash dregs on their arm venting? Or do we really see allot of pepole claiming they are married to to huge wealthy families?

I'm assuming you haven't been in Thailand long but there are some unique phenomenon here. 1. There are more SAS, Navy Seals and ex mercenary soldiers in Thai bars than any other place in the world. 2. On certain Thai forums almost all the married men are handsome, with great jobs, married to hi so women with politically well connected families. 3. Very few if any men frequent houses of ill repute or have mia nois. About 60% of men living in Thailand do but on the forums it is more like 10%.

Hope that explains it.

I don't think anyone has disputed the fact that it is fine to have an opinion. It is that they get so crazy about it. It is one thing to be an Irishman with generations involved in a bloody conflict that involves your family for generations and another to express the same level of obsession about a country that you have lived in for only a few months. One poster went as far as to compare losing his job because of politics with his daughter being raped or comparisons to heinous historical figures, both imaginary constructions bordering on the psychotic. Why would anyone become obsessed with a topic that you can't do anything about nor is anyone in power even willing to listen to you about. Opinion sure. Obsession no.

I don't think you can include Singapore in the above. It didn't really exist as a nation till the British came and developed it.

History of Singapore ( abreviated )

1613, Portuguese raiders burnt down the settlement at the mouth of Singapore River and the island sank into obscurity

Raffles arrived in Singapore on 29 January 1819 and found a small Malay settlement, with a population of a few hundred, at the mouth of the Singapore River

By 1821, the island's population had gone up to around 5,000

How lovely. A capsule of Eurocentric historic reflection towards the region. The standard, I'm sure.:rolleyes:

Perhaps instead of making snide comments, you could come up with a different take on the facts, but it's easier to scoff, I guess.

I'm assuming you haven't been in Thailand long but there are some unique phenomenon here. 1. There are more SAS, Navy Seals and ex mercenary soldiers in Thai bars than any other place in the world. 2. On certain Thai forums almost all the married men are handsome, with great jobs, married to hi so women with politically well connected families. 3. Very few if any men frequent houses of ill repute or have mia nois. About 60% of men living in Thailand do but on the forums it is more like 10%.

Kerry -- that was one of your better posts. Bravo!

Kerry -- that was one of your better posts. Bravo!

Seconded!!!!B)