Farang Saves The Day

ShopBoy

I have had guns pointed at me and have pointed guys at others, its not about being a hero its usually about your life. The word hero much like the word friend two of the most over used words in the english language.

I watched the video twice to figure out what the farang did. He stepped in and assisted the Thai guy who had the robber tied up who knows what happened outside.

Why did they feel the need to continue the video for 3 minutes of nothing; i sat there watching 3 minutes of opening and closing a door expecting some kind of grand finale.

Exactly my point. The farang 'do gooder' was long gone.

Thanks to the OP for wasting 3 minutes and 29 seconds of my life. It was all over after the first 9 seconds. blink.gif

Farang saves the what?

Well, the security guard's life for a start. What would have happened if he weren't there? Funny what people don't see.

The robber came in and pointed the gun point blank at the cops head who was reading a book and didn't even see him come in. If the robber had intent to shoot the cop, he would have done it then. However, the cop has time to look up and bat the gun aside whereupon it fires while pointed somewhere off to the bottom right and the farang and his tilac realize something is happening. First they cower far left while the cop and robber wrestle on the right. Only when the fight rolls across to the other side and the cop is between him and the robber, then the brave farang does his superhero bit and bundles them all out the door..... and then runs away.

Funny what people don't see.

Yes it is funny what people don't see. If you look closely even you can see the 'farang' for want of a better word sat on the guy outside the shop. Well done I say. especially as there may have been a group of tuk tuk drivers outside who would have happily kicked him into a coma without realising the Thai robber is actually the one in the wrong here.

Which, IMHO, makes the 'hero' even more of a mug.

Just goes to prove that in life we never know what`s going to happen next.

To all you piss takers, the guy is a hero in my book. He risked his life for others and if I ever met him out and about, I would shake his hand and buy him a drink.

A true sport and a good man.

Edited by Beetlejuice

If you watch closely, the farang has the robber pinned on the ground outside. The guard comes back into the shop briefly, presumably to get help.

I reckon he was lucky the farang helped out, or it could have been a different story.

Sure but why make it a farang versus Thai thread ? It could easily have been a Thai that helped out but this time it was a farang. The guy did a good thing.

Hmmmmm.

Has anyone here actually seen a Thai help out in a situation like that, read about it, seen it on tv, heard about it? I haven't.

Why did they feel the need to continue the video for 3 minutes of nothing; i sat there watching 3 minutes of opening and closing a door expecting some kind of grand finale.

They didn't want to show the farang being led away on assault charges.

is he still in prison?

is he still in prison?

No, he paid the 1,500,000thb bail. Now all that's left is the hospital bill for his burned testicles.

is he still in prison?

No, he paid the 1,500,000thb bail. Now all that's left is the hospital bill for his burned testicles.

55555!

I've seen those gonad electric clips.... My girlfriend's brother is the chief of police, blah, blah, blah....

...At least I think it's her brother...

It appears as though the thief attempted to shoot the policeman in the head, it looks like he got the shot off. The policeman appears to recognise this and ducks in time just as the thief drew his gun, thus saving his life.

Quite shocking.

Good reactions by the Policeman and good on the Westerner for helping out...

Yep I see a couple of hero's in that and some good reactions all around, as it happens very quickly. As for the farang he has the guy pinned on the ground outside he hasn't "legged it".. I think maybe next time the guard will be a little more alert however as he did seem to be a bit too laid back before the incident, but he did have quick recognition and presence of mind to prevent further harm to himself or anyone else..

Farang saves the what?

Well, the security guard's life for a start. What would have happened if he weren't there? Funny what people don't see.

The robber came in and pointed the gun point blank at the cops head who was reading a book and didn't even see him come in. If the robber had intent to shoot the cop, he would have done it then. However, the cop has time to look up and bat the gun aside whereupon it fires while pointed somewhere off to the bottom right and the farang and his tilac realize something is happening. First they cower far left while the cop and robber wrestle on the right. Only when the fight rolls across to the other side and the cop is between him and the robber, then the brave farang does his superhero bit and bundles them all out the door..... and then runs away.

Yes it is funny what people don't see. If you look closely even you can see the 'farang' for want of a better word sat on the guy outside the shop. Well done I say. especially as there may have been a group of tuk tuk drivers outside who would have happily kicked him into a coma without realising the Thai robber is actually the one in the wrong here.

Or the Thai robber was one of them working his night job :whistling: ....

Farang saves the what?

Which, IMHO, makes the 'hero' even more of a mug.

Well lets all be glad that's just your opinion, for what that's worth. Like to see what you would have done in that situation. Hide behind the katoey blaming Obama and the US banking system most likely. (IMHO).

The farang dragged the robber outside to ensure the safety of everyone in the store.

What a fantastic guy. He really did save the day and perhaps the lifetimes of others.

The policeman also a brave man, he was actually fighting for his life.

Both these men should be commended for this. One of the bravest efforts I have ever seen.

Exactly my point. The farang 'do gooder' was long gone.

Thanks to the OP for wasting 3 minutes and 29 seconds of my life. It was all over after the first 9 seconds. blink.gif

I am a victim too !

Or assisting a shopkeeper without a work permit.

If you watch closely, the farang has the robber pinned on the ground outside. The guard comes back into the shop briefly, presumably to get help.

I reckon he was lucky the farang helped out, or it could have been a different story.

Sure but why make it a farang versus Thai thread ? It could easily have been a Thai that helped out but this time it was a farang. The guy did a good thing.

Hmmmmm.

Has anyone here actually seen a Thai help out in a situation like that, read about it, seen it on tv, heard about it? I haven't.

Silly comment - there are often reports in such as the Pattaya newspapers of bystanders helping to catch a thief or mugger who attempts to flee.

Also just this week there was a news clip on Thai TV of a Thai grabbing a thief as he ran out of a shop. So as the other writer said, why do do some forum writers want to make it a cowardly Thais/brave Farangs issue?

Oh, and well done to the man, showed guts anyway!

Hmmmmm.

Silly comment - there are often reports in such as the Pattaya newspapers of bystanders helping to catch a thief or mugger who attempts to flee.

Also just this week there was a news clip on Thai TV of a Thai grabbing a thief as he ran out of a shop. So as the other writer said, why do do some forum writers want to make it a cowardly Thais/brave Farangs issue?

Perhaps so, but as I said, I haven't heard or read of such, and it was a request for information, not some slander against Thais.

Cool video albeit just the first 18 seconds

Watching it & the foreigners reaction it seems maybe the gun went off?

Few flinch as he did unless with good reason

He did react quickly without hesitation to help the cop ground the perp.

While he keeps the robber down the cop runs back in with the gun &

maybe asks if anyone is hurt/call more cops/ or lock the doors.

The lady boy either was selling gold or at least scooped up the gold on the counter

they were looking at & handed it back to the vendor.

Nice to see the guy react quickly to help.

Edited by flying

Hmmmmm.

Perhaps so, but as I said, I haven't heard or read of such, and it was a request for information, not some slander against Thais.

You can't blame people for thinking that if you start your comment with a sceptical 'Hmmmmm'.

You often hear about Thais in the news helping out, but then it helps if you can read Thai newspapers. Only recently two Thais were injured tying to save that kid who got electrocuted in Patong.

(and FYI written defamation is called libel, not slander).

Edited by Kananga

A few of the Thai comments on the Youtube video were praising the farang while criticising the Chinese owner for pulling down the shutters and not going outside to help.

Looks like an interesting story, but couldn't find anything on it in the Thai press with the few details given.