British kick-boxer to be extradited to Thailand over murder of US Marine

Lite Beer

Well that's alright then...99 years in Klom Prem will be worse than the dealth penalty...every day will feel like a little bit of of his mind and body is dying!!!!

They had to give up the death penality to make it happen, what will be the basis for his appeal be, I donot like Thailand

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too bad Aldridge never went to Phuket and shoved a tuk tuk driver.

For once the gang banging tuk tuk drivers would have been heroes...

...and, in a twisted sort of way, we would all have been hypocrites to cheer them.

Can we set it up? ..... I'll film it.:lol:

And take a few large-format stills too. I'd prefer daylight of possible thanks.

Yes, the legal system that released the Lockerbie bomber is so much more credible than the Thai one. :whistling:

The UK has many faults but to suggest the UK legal system is not the amongst the fairest in the world is blatently incorrect.

It is much better to let a guilty man go free than to find an innocent one guilty imo.

Highly unlikely that this will happen and at least not that fast. The Thai justice department has hardly any credibility. Several murderers have been refused extradition by the European Court for Human rights in Strassbourg even Thai citizens based on the fact that THai police and Thai judges are not trustworthy enough. Even torture is possible. The English courts never care too much about their citizens but the European appeal courts do. A prosecution in England is as likely as that in Thailand more likely. Just wait and see and do not believe the rubbish in the papers.

You would think that the EU courts will have to be very careful on any ruling here. Unlike saying no to the death penalty or a specific prison [supermax ] They would be ruling that the entire Thai prison system, was an abuse of human rights, thus rendering all EU national treaties with Thailand void. Safe haven for drug traffickers, money laundering and any other thing you can name. Treaties have to work both ways. Jim

Yes you are right, we wouldn't want all those bad things happening in Thailand.:lol: :lol:

Yes plenty of bad guys here already, but kill off extradition and as soon as you get in bother in the EU take the money and on the first plane to Thailand. Jim

You would think that the EU courts will have to be very careful on any ruling here. Unlike saying no to the death penalty or a specific prison [supermax ] They would be ruling that the entire Thai prison system, was an abuse of human rights, thus rendering all EU national treaties with Thailand void. Safe haven for drug traffickers, money laundering and any other thing you can name. Treaties have to work both ways. Jim

Yes you are right, we wouldn't want all those bad things happening in Thailand.:lol: :lol:

Yes plenty of bad guys here already, but kill off extradition and as soon as you get in bother in the EU take the money and on the first plane to Thailand. Jim

.. or Norway.

who things he would get a fair trial in thailand? like everything else here "bought and paid for"rolleyes.gif

Well, I'd even chuck in a few bucks to help pay for this guy's conviction, and invest a few more to help them forget about the agreement to waver the death penalty.

who things he would get a fair trial in thailand? like everything else here "bought and paid for"rolleyes.gif

Well, I'd even chuck in a few bucks to help pay for this guy's conviction, and invest a few more to help them forget about the agreement to waver the death penalty.

Ah" A few Bucks" The yanks who love "legalized murder"

For all of you still saying extradition won't happen, did you miss the title of the thread? Coffee not set in yet? coffee1.gif

Footage on a 7-11 video of the guy stealing the knives.

No. There's footage of 'him' stealing a knife. It was later found 300m from the murdersite. Another knife (from unknown whereabouts) was found at the murdersite, and is the murder weapon.

Witnesses to the murder.

There are no witnesses to the murder.

The victim's GF saw a man exiting through a broken glass door after the victim was murdered.

I guess the fight was not exactly queensbury rules between old fashoned sportsmen - if you can't win with your fists just stab the other guy to death with knives you have stolen from a 7-11, in the rematch when he is not expecting it.

A Thai jail is exactly the right place for this type of thug.

Seems there's some confusion as to what actually happened.

Hope the GF (witness) isn't done for changing stories.

3am By the time officers arrive, the fight is over. Mr Aldhouse is already about 100 metres down the road at the local 7-Eleven store. Inside, he grabs one knife, snatching it from the kitchen bench where sausages are usually prepared, and walks out without paying for it.

3.15am Mr Aldhouse goes back to the Freedom Bar, where bills have been paid and Mr Longfellow and his group have headed off. Mr Aldhouse is told by someone where Mr Longfellow lives.

3.45am Mr Aldhouse arrives at the Ya Nui Resort II, otherwise known as Paradise Beach, where Mr Longfellow rents a 15,000 baht-a-month apartment. He sees that Mr Longfellow is not home, and opts to wait in the darkness outside.

4am Mr Longfellow arrives at his apartment. It's a self-contained unit, with a living room-kitchen, two bedrooms and a bathroom. Soon after he dismounts his motorcycle, he is attacked. A two-centimetre stab wound is made to his chest. He runs into his apartment, through the sliding door. He is attacked again, and this time a knife wound goes deeper into his chest. His girlfriend, awakened by the noise, comes from the bedroom to see her boyfriend lying on the livingroom floor. She sees a man fleeing through the door.

4.15am The same two police who were at the Freedom Bar earlier that morning answer an emergency call to Ya Nui Resort II. By the time they arrive, Mr Longfellow is dead. Officers find one bloody knife, discarded 300 metres from the scene. Inside the apartment, a second knife with a bloodied blade is also found. It is not known how the second knife, which belongs in the apartment, came to be bloodied.

http://phuketwan.com/tourism/phukets-kickbox-killing-stalker-struck-dark-12849/

"The extradition shall not take place unless the evidence be found sufficient according to the laws of the State

applied to, either to justify the committal of the prisoner for trial, in case the crime had been committed in

the territory of the said State..."

The above quote is from Section 11 of:

TREATY BETWEEN THE UNITED KINGDOM AND SIAM RESPECTING THE

EXTRADITION OF FUGITIVE CRIMINALS.

Sign at Bangkok, March 4, 1911.

(Ratifications exchanged at London, August 1, 1911.)

It's quite probable the Thai authorities have little or no evidence that would stand up in a UK court of law on a charge of murder (assuming the charges as laid are appropriate to the offense and can be prosecuted with a high probability of conviction) and therefore the subject/accused of extradition would not be compelled to be extradited. But of course, falsification of documents is pretty standard in TH. So, wait and see the outcome of the accused's appeal.

There are literally dozens of witnesses. CCTV footage of him in the initial fight, CCTV footage of him robbing the knives from the 7-11 and CCTV footage of him in the hotel where he stabbed the Marine. I am pretty sure even the most liberal of courts would call this enough evidence to bring the man to trial. Why would you make a comment about the Thais falsifying documents? It is all but a gurantee that this extradition is being driven by the US not the Thai government. I am not sure if you remember this initial reporting of this case, but it was hardly a quiet crime. This guy went on a drunken drug addled rampage through the streets wielding knives covered in blood, the murder was only the most heinous of his crimes that evening.

Why is hating Thailand such a passion of people who post on this board? If you are that unhappy in Thailand why do you stay?

+1

Yes, the legal system that released the Lockerbie bomber is so much more credible than the Thai one. :whistling:

The UK has many faults but to suggest the UK legal system is not the amongst the fairest in the world is blatently incorrect.

Oh, come on.

In just the last week, a drug dealer was given a suspended sentence even though he had a kilogram of cocaine worth £145,600; while a girl was jailed for eight months for helping herself to a bottle of Lucozade and some sweets from Poundland, and some t-shirts and sunglasses from another store, during the recent riots.

The UK legal system is an utter shambles.

Does the UK have the death penalty? If so, than all 3 countries have the death penalty. This cowardly murder should warrant death, regardless where it occurred. Next time you got your arrogant butt kick by a combat hardened US Marine, and as embarrassing as it may be, just go home.

Semper Fi

He'll beg for the death penalty after a year in Thai jail.

If anyone thinks that the US government won't apply pressure for justice is sadly mistaken.England won't say no to the US over a two bit thug.

He will be coming back to do some hard time for the crime.

You guys really don't get it. He won't be coming back, it's not up to the UK. They can rubber stamp 'approved' in onto the extradition request as much as they want, it makes little difference to the final outcome of the case. In the end it's not up to them anymore, it's up to the EU. Believe me when I say this - the EU don't give a hoot what the US nor Thailand thinks, they will make their decision after years of deliberation and that will be the final word on the subject.

They'll keep him in prison for as long as possible but there is no way in the world he will be extradited back to Thailand.

<br />
<br />The witnesses do...<br />
<br />Boater, there are more facts, you just want to go nebulous here for whatever reason, I guess you are a Brit? Standing up for your steroided out freakazoid countryman?<br /><br />Fact: a man murdered<br />Fact: plenty of witnesses saw the initial fight<br />Fact: Footage showing scumbag coward stealing the knives (although you seem to think he politely stepped up and paid for the knives)<br />Fact: There is a witness to the stabbing<br />Fact: Stolen knives confirmed by 7-11 employees, recovered.<br /><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Grumpoldman

untill you know the complete facts you should not comment anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am not defening this guy, but untill the facts and evidnce is brought before a court of law he is innocent untill proven guilty

and yes i am a brit

But

Something ver similar happened to me over 10 years ago, same situation, and i was only a WITNESS, but someone got killed in the same manor, although the killer DID not intend to kill , only warn, but the person he killed ATTACKED him

Whats to ay he didnt go to the room that night, and the deceased attacked him while feeling an attack might take place?????????

NO ONE knowes the true events of that night , only as i had a similar experanice years ago can i relate to this story

Yeah... That's the ticket. I, in my drunken roid rage, only wanted to explain to the Marine that he hurt my feelings by kicking my ass in public. I only brought the knives because he was a better fighter than me. When the Marine saw the knives he misunderstood my intentions and got all defensive so I had to kill him. It was him or me; self defence, innit.

He'll beg for the death penalty after a year in Thai jail.

If anyone thinks that the US government won't apply pressure for justice is sadly mistaken.England won't say no to the US over a two bit thug.

He will be coming back to do some hard time for the crime.

You guys really don't get it. He won't be coming back, it's not up to the UK. They can rubber stamp 'approved' in onto the extradition request as much as they want, it makes little difference to the final outcome of the case. In the end it's not up to them anymore, it's up to the EU. Believe me when I say this - the EU don't give a hoot what the US nor Thailand thinks, they will make their decision after years of deliberation and that will be the final word on the subject.

They'll keep him in prison for as long as possible but there is no way in the world he will be extradited back to Thailand.

Oh, the US will just pressure the EU to approve the extradition. It has clear evidence and Thailand have assured no death penalty.

The right thing will be done and the US won't let this fade away for years over a unemployable oxygen thief.

Justice will be swift and you're delusional to think the US aren't going to lobby for his extradition.

The ranting on this thread is just more confirmation of entitled bitter British economic refugee expats thinking that they are above the law of any country but their own. Just because their dole payment goes farther in Thailand doesn't mean they have to be here. More reason to avoid all the Pattaya and Phuket dumps populated by the tightwad Chang drinking flip flop crowd.

I love being in Thailand, I encounter none of these problems with the law or crooked taxi's or angry thai boyfriends weilding machetes. Probably because I stick to high class places that charge more than 100 Baht for a beer, so no Brit would be caught dead in them.

Sorry if this is random and off topic. I just figured all the rampant Thai/America bashing that goes on here on TV needed a counterpoint.

A post of pure ignorance. Reminds me why i seldom bother posting on this forum.

You have posted 4,472 times on this forum in two years yet you claim you seldom post. Don't you think this hurts your overall credibility?

The ranting on this thread is just more confirmation of entitled bitter British economic refugee expats thinking that they are above the law of any country but their own. Just because their dole payment goes farther in Thailand doesn't mean they have to be here. More reason to avoid all the Pattaya and Phuket dumps populated by the tightwad Chang drinking flip flop crowd.

I love being in Thailand, I encounter none of these problems with the law or crooked taxi's or angry thai boyfriends weilding machetes. Probably because I stick to high class places that charge more than 100 Baht for a beer, so no Brit would be caught dead in them.

Sorry if this is random and off topic. I just figured all the rampant Thai/America bashing that goes on here on TV needed a counterpoint.

A post of pure ignorance. Reminds me why i seldom bother posting on this forum.

You have posted 4,472 times on this forum in two years yet you claim you seldom post. Don't you think this hurts your overall credibility?

I think he was talking about the news forum, not the forum as a whole.

Oh, the US will just pressure the EU to approve the extradition. It has clear evidence and Thailand have assured no death penalty.

The right thing will be done and the US won't let this fade away for years over a unemployable oxygen thief.

Justice will be swift and you're delusional to think the US aren't going to lobby for his extradition.

I'm sure they will lobby for this but that won't change the outcome. Did you look up the Abu Hamza case ? A convicted terrorist type who's been refused extradition to the US by the very same court who will eventually make the decision on Aldhouse. It has nothing to do with the death penalty, it's down to the conditions of the prisons.

I agree he's a thug who needs imprisoning but with the current laws in place no EU citizen will be extradited to Thailand.

Here's a real life example of how it will happen, note this example uses someone who the US government wanted to extradite from the UK to the US. The principle is the same though.

It's worth noting that it's normally much easier to extradite people from the UK to the US.

2007 - UK gives ok for extradition to US : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21817501/ns/world_news-terrorism/t/uk-court-oks-extradition-radical-cleric/

2010 - The European Court of Human Rights has ordered a halt to the extradition to the US... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10551784

This is the way it works. Many people don't like the EU meddling into individual European countries affairs but we gave them the power now we will live with it if we choose to live there.

Oh I don't know about >100baht beers...I just avoid places where heavily tatooed people with shaved heads who answer to names like Pitbull hang out. :jap:

doggie, you stated that well and I avoid places where people are routinely 'overserved' alchohol.

You drink in the Star of Light? - right posh you mate biggrin.gif