British kick-boxer to be extradited to Thailand over murder of US Marine

Lite Beer

Admitting to a crime does not mean someone was guilty. Confessions can be made under duress -- especially in a third-world jungle like Thailand. Right?

You, of all people, I would have expected to understand that.

If the Brit had confessed, you'd be circling the wagons saying that he was tortured by the BiB like the hypocrite you are.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good news, one extra place in the pokey for the English rioters.

ph34r.gif

Nb: That's official HM Gov policy, there were no riots in Scotland/Wales/Isle of Man et al.

God news's ? Is he here? Has he been tried? Has he been found guilty?

I seem to be missing something here. As far as I see this man has not been found guilty of anything yet.

Admitting to a crime does not mean someone was guilty. Confessions can be made under duress -- especially in a third-world jungle like Thailand. Right?

If the Brit had confessed, you'd be circling the wagons saying that he was tortured by the BiB like the hypocrite you are.

oh deary me, he confessed, it was witnessed by many people, it was witnessed by his wife/grilfriend, it was witnessed by the deceased son, the vehicle involved was registered to him, it was witnessed by many people at the road side, he then turned himself into the police, admitted the crime, admitted why he fled the scene etc.

If Aldhouse (he has a name, his name is not 'The Brit') had confessed to the crime and the evidence was compelling then I would surmise that Aldhouse had committed the crime, however in this instance there are a few doubts as already explained by others, the fact that there is NO witness to the actual murder has to cast doubts, and the lack of forensic evidence has to cast doubts also. if the guy is guilty then he is guilty and will go to prison, whether that is in Thailand or the UK holds no relevance to me, however it does to others and while Thailand wants to persevere with third world practices and conditions then they have to expect resistance.

On a personal level I am an ex police officer and I will not defend offenders, if you commit a crime then pay the penalty,however lets find the guy guilty first, being an arsehol_e is not a crime sadly so we can not convict him for that, being a murderer is a crime so let the courts do their job and convict him, however I would not expect conviction in a UK court based on the evidence thus far, we have different burdens and the corroborative evidence here is weak, as are the forensics, as are the witnesses, we have a few circumstances and that appears to be all.

[Off topic baiting comment deleted]

Edited by metisdead
Off topic comment removed.

Yes, the legal system that released the Lockerbie bomber is so much more credible than the Thai one. :whistling:

The UK has many faults but to suggest the UK legal system is not the amongst the fairest in the world is blatently incorrect.

Oh, come on.

In just the last week, a drug dealer was given a suspended sentence even though he had a kilogram of cocaine worth £145,600; while a girl was jailed for eight months for helping herself to a bottle of Lucozade and some sweets from Poundland, and some t-shirts and sunglasses from another store, during the recent riots.

The UK legal system is an utter shambles.

WRONG .You can question the sentences by Judges but having a fair trial and making the state " Prove beyond reasonable doubt" is something Thailand and a few other countries can only aspire to, Except they don't aspire to "finding the guilty", Its about finding SOMEONE Guilty.

I'm just happy that there are some high class gents as BOS2BKK to share a spot of tea with, away from you loud obnoxious louts and yanks. I'm sure we could share some simply scintillating banter.

Enough crap about that pompus yank. If he cannot be extradited to Thailand I hope the US then proceed to try to extradite him, if only to tie him up in jail longer. I understand innocent until proven but there is just too much evidence here.

The ranting on this thread is just more confirmation of entitled bitter British economic refugee expats thinking that they are above the law of any country but their own. Just because their dole payment goes farther in Thailand doesn't mean they have to be here. More reason to avoid all the Pattaya and Phuket dumps populated by the tightwad Chang drinking flip flop crowd.

I love being in Thailand, I encounter none of these problems with the law or crooked taxi's or angry thai boyfriends weilding machetes. Probably because I stick to high class places that charge more than 100 Baht for a beer, so no Brit would be caught dead in them.

Sorry if this is random and off topic. I just figured all the rampant Thai/America bashing that goes on here on TV needed a counterpoint.

A post of pure ignorance. Reminds me why i seldom bother posting on this forum.

Well yes, one of the many posts of at least partial ignorance if not pure, but you say "seldom bother posting"?

Please don't reply to my post with sarcastic emoticons if you can't be bothered to read what i've said. if you had read what i posted properly you would have been aware that i said "this" forum and you would not have wasted time posting drivel.

oh deary me, he confessed, it was witnessed by many people, it was witnessed by his wife/grilfriend, it was witnessed by the deceased son, the vehicle involved was registered to him, it was witnessed by many people at the road side, he then turned himself into the police, admitted the crime, admitted why he fled the scene etc.

If Aldhouse (he has a name, his name is not 'The Brit') had confessed to the crime and the evidence was compelling then I would surmise that Aldhouse had committed the crime, however in this instance there are a few doubts as already explained by others, the fact that there is NO witness to the actual murder has to cast doubts, and the lack of forensic evidence has to cast doubts also. if the guy is guilty then he is guilty and will go to prison, whether that is in Thailand or the UK holds no relevance to me, however it does to others and while Thailand wants to persevere with third world practices and conditions then they have to expect resistance.

On a personal level I am an ex police officer and I will not defend offenders, if you commit a crime then pay the penalty,however lets find the guy guilty first, being an arsehol_e is not a crime sadly so we can not convict him for that, being a murderer is a crime so let the courts do their job and convict him, however I would not expect conviction in a UK court based on the evidence thus far, we have different burdens and the corroborative evidence here is weak, as are the forensics, as are the witnesses, we have a few circumstances and that appears to be all.

Do you think OJ Simpson was guilty? just wondering

Do YOU? The court says he was innocent -- and I guess you stand by that as sacrosanct?

And if the Brit is innocent, why did he flee overseas instead of staying behind to clear his name? As a former copper, what does flight tell you about a suspect?

Do you think OJ Simpson was guilty? just wondering

Do YOU? The court says he was innocent -- and I guess you stand by that as sacrosanct?

And if the Brit is innocent, why did he flee overseas instead of staying behind to clear his name? As a former copper, what does flight tell you about a suspect?

Why answer a question with a question? Also why ignore the rest of my post, i guess you just accept you are wrong to call me a hypocrite but wont say sorry.

as for 'flight', it tells me that someone has something to hide, and experience tells me that what you expect to be the reason for fleeing is not always the reason they flee.

Also as I have pointed out the guy has a name, is name is not 'the Brit'. I am happy to continue a sensible conversation with you, but please reciprocate, read what i actually write rather than try to back pedal based on your wrong assumption about me being a hypocrite and looking to try and catch me out a little more :rolleyes:

lets get this straight, I am not saying Aldhouse is innocent, I am also not saying he is guilty, that is for others to decide, I am simply pointing these things out to the 'hang him high' brigade all getting upset about a fellow yank getting killed, I wonder if there would be this outcry of it was an iraqi, or iranian, or any arab for that matter. get over yourselves, you don't know this guy, he could be a complete prick for all you know yet you will happily defend him based on his nationality and get your knickers in a twist because he was killed in a fight.

Farang on Farang crime in Thailand ... never a good thing for many posters here to accept rationally due to their inability to not pretend every incident in Thailand is representative of all people and what happens in Thailand as a whole.

Farang on Farang crime in Thailand ... never a good thing for many posters here to accept rationally due to their inability to not pretend every incident in Thailand is representative of all people and what happens in Thailand as a whole.

Lucky you Superman, to have George W. Bush writing your speeches now.

All this talk of flight, if I was accused of a serious crime that I didn't commit I would rather run to UK and turn myself in there, at least I would get a fair hearing. If I was guilty? I would rather be in a UK gaol then a Thai one. I think that explains the flight.Remember that American guy who was busted at a school in Thailand and confessed to killing a US kid in a high profile case years ago. The Americans came and took him back to the US only to find he couldn't have done it. He got out of Thai gaol though.

Edited by TexasRanger

All this talk of flight, if I was accused of a serious crime that I didn't commit I would rather run to UK and turn myself in there, at least I would get a fair hearing. If I was guilty? I would rather be in a UK gaol then a Thai one. I think that explains the flight.Remember that American guy who was busted at a school in Thailand and confessed to killing a US kid in a high profile case years ago. The Americans came and took him back to the US only to find he couldn't have done it. He got out of Thai gaol though.

I think that would depend on whether he fled before or after he was named a suspect. If he didn't do it, and was unaware that someone thought he did...why flee?

PS: what's a Texas Ranger doing spelling it "gaol"?

I think you are talking about the Ramsey case. That nut bag just wanted a free ticket home and confessed to killing the girl in that very high profile case.

The problem with running to the UK is that none of his time being served there will be applied to his sentence (I believe) and he is simply avoiding the inevitable of having to stand trial here ... then again it is worth a shot even if he stands less than a 1% chance of finding a loophole to not be brought back.

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifblink.gif

crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif:blink:

.. actually, I was meaning it as a compliment ... I think :blink:

But I agree with you never the less. If we ever have the chance to meet, I'll gladly shout you a good coffee and we can discuss it, or something else, ... or anything else for that matter.

Edited by TechnikaIII

I think you are talking about the Ramsey case. That nut bag just wanted a free ticket home and confessed to killing the girl in that very high profile case.

The problem with running to the UK is that none of his time being served there will be applied to his sentence (I believe) and he is simply avoiding the inevitable of having to stand trial here ... then again it is worth a shot even if he stands less than a 1% chance of finding a loophole to not be brought back.

he is not being held int he uk based on this crime, he is being held in the UK on other matters so i doubt he even cares whether time spent will be based on this crime as he is not being held for this crime.

he is not being held int he uk based on this crime, he is being held in the UK on other matters so i doubt he even cares whether time spent will be based on this crime as he is not being held for this crime.

It is my understanding he is being held in the UK for extradition to Thailand regarding this crime. Did he also commit a crime in the UK that he is being held? If not, then the time he is serving now isn't going to be credited for anything to the best of my understanding. Generally speaking the time you serve while awaiting trial counts towards any sentence you receive and in some places can count up to double the time ... in other words you spend a year in custody while going to trial, you'll get credited for 2-years.

Edit: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Phuket-murder-suspect-Lee-Aldhouse-arrested-at-UK--30136768.html

Edited by Nisa

Does the UK have the death penalty? If so, than all 3 countries have the death penalty. This cowardly murder should warrant death, regardless where it occurred. Next time you got your arrogant butt kick by a combat hardened US Marine, and as embarrassing as it may be, just go home.

The UK does not have the death penalty, and will not extradite its citizens to a country that does, unless the prosecution in that country promises not to seek the death penalty. That is why the Thai prosecutors are not seeking it.

I was told the UK DOES have the death penalty.

One is for naval treason and another I forget.

It is my understanding he is being held in the UK for extradition to Thailand regarding this crime. Did he also commit a crime in the UK that he is being held? If not, then the time he is serving now isn't going to be credited for anything to the best of my understanding. Generally speaking the time you serve while awaiting trial counts towards any sentence you receive and in some places can count up to double the time ... in other words you spend a year in custody while going to trial, you'll get credited for 2-years.

Edit: http://www.nationmul...--30136768.html

I don't know what is happening with him now but up until a month or so ago he was being held on unrelated matters in the UK. When he serves that time then he can be extradited, if the court so orders.

Does the UK have the death penalty? If so, than all 3 countries have the death penalty. This cowardly murder should warrant death, regardless where it occurred. Next time you got your arrogant butt kick by a combat hardened US Marine, and as embarrassing as it may be, just go home.

The UK does not have the death penalty, and will not extradite its citizens to a country that does, unless the prosecution in that country promises not to seek the death penalty. That is why the Thai prosecutors are not seeking it.

I was told the UK DOES have the death penalty.

One is for naval treason and another I forget.

I have no idea about Naval or military law but the UK doesn't have the death penalty for 'civilian' crimes.

Some states in the US have the death penalty and, from what I believe, is the only 'civilised' country to do so.

A quick look at wikipedia will answer you, if you believe wikipedia.

Edited by Wallaby

Simple as really.

This <deleted> will get TV, garibaldis, mobile phones in UK nick.

He killed an American marine.

He can't be harmed in the UK but he very certainly can be here - with no come back.

It's not the Thai's wanting to extradite him - it's the American military.

My God, yet another, what is going on today ...

" he cannot be harmed in UK" ha ! So, and here we go yet again....who is guarding him ? Superman?

Can he catch a common cold in UK? Can "anything "harm him in UK? Did you mean "harmed" by only people or by other means?

People, stop watching 007 films please. There is fantasy and a reality. To think he "cannot be harmed in UK " is myth. Myabe he will not, but to say such a statement is the hallmark of lunacy.

And if UK was so careful about not harming one of there own, why would they allow him ( which I very much doubt they will ) to return.

And please stop thinking that being caught means getting punished or going to jail. Going to jail for the vast amount of "offender's: can be avoided because of where we are and even those who do go usually only spend a very small time and get released far more able to ply their trade.

We have a sad, rather pathetic situation, macho marvel comic statement's by I am guessing the far right who seems to actually think the present system works. It is exactly thanks, in part to these non thinkers' who really have no excuse being so darn thick that we are all in such a mess.

If he is guilty, then a thai jail cell for life is a decent compensation for his behavior. When a man who is a trained fighter attacks another man, and beats him to death, then he is simply a goon, a goomba, and a wannabe gangster. Of course, there are few Brits that fit that category.

If I remember correctly, he started a fight with the Marine and got his ass kicked and then stabbed the Marine in revenge.