Best Bargains In Phuket

madmitch

Naka Markets in Phuket town actually posts the prices on their merchandise....probably 50% cheaper than most other "markets" on the island.

For restaurants one of the best value going is "farang" restaurant at Cherng Talay. A couple of dishes, a beer and a soft drink was 330 baht, and tasty too. Ive been there at least half a dozen times and its allways good.....Ive heard the one near big C is good too

yep, the one next to index is just as good, most dishes 90 baht

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pesto Restaurant in Cherng Telay. Between the new SuperCheap store ( not nearly as good as I expected ) and the road to Ban Don.

Small place just situated under a roof , set back off the road

for 300 baht fantastic minestrone soup and the catch of the day with roasted veg and potato The menu is extensive and outstanding, European and Thai

Suwai Restaurant in P.Town is very good value for money.

Amazing food, great service and pleasant atmosphere.

Turn left at the Family Mart on Ratsada (its one way so walk) about 100M on the right.

Must try: Mai Tai and their Beef salad!

you know ratsada road is about 50km and has over 30 family mart? it goes further than you think

Ratsada ROAD.

The left before the circle.

which of the few circles it has?

Sorry thailand, I'm probably wrong but i thought Ratsada was just a short one-way road coming off Phuket Road and leading onto Ranong Road via a circle.

The Suwai restaurant is on Takuapa Road. Google it and you'll see what i mean.

A while ago the Blaupunkt car stereo was not working so took it the big auto accessory shop on the bypass road. They were pushing me to buy a new unit as the required parts would take a long time to come & be expensive. It is a really good stereo so I went for a 2nd opinion to Man Auto opposite Mission Hospital. 20 minutes later they had it up & running for the princely sum of 200 Baht. I have used Man before & will continue to do so as I have always found them to be fair in their pricing along with good service.

50m Olympic swimming pool at Saphan Hin (not far from Immigration)

Can someone update on the used to go there regularly for lap swimming, understand it was closed for redevelopment earlier this year?

Used to cost 80b entry fee, 40b if a member of a swim club - my Phuket Lifeguards shirt worked for that; daytime during the week often only 2 or three other adults, occasional school groups but generally quiet and under-used.

:huh: have they even got showers there! I was there the year they opened to check it out and they did not even have running water for a shower and the only way to wash of was with a water bucket!

I would be weary if any establishment is “underused” in Thailand.

2 large bottles of Johnny Walker Red Label at 1300 baht in an airconditioend pub/nightclub with live band. Timberhut in Phuket town

what kind of music?

Live Thai 'pop' music and a DJ during the intervals...generally modern and Thai pop.

Its good though, gets pretty busy. Can take your own bottles in which works out cheaper than their deals.

2 large bottles of Johnny Walker Red Label at 1300 baht in an airconditioend pub/nightclub with live band. Timberhut in Phuket town

what kind of music?

Live Thai 'pop' music and a DJ during the intervals...generally modern and Thai pop.

Its good though, gets pretty busy. Can take your own bottles in which works out cheaper than their deals.

yep

one band, 3-5 thai singers during one night, some very good

DJ from approx 1130-1230

friday and saturdays always packed from 11

road parking pluss one parking lot, well organised by staff and only flashlight no whistle :)

I guess it is the variety but street food in Phuket seems to be "the best"..me and wifey (maybe that is wifey and I?)always gain a few pounds in days!

Phuket is great place......sorry to all you "nay sayers"...Must try Pattaya some time too...

what kind of music?

Can bring own bottle in Timberhut?? Never saw that happen before...

Can bring own bottle in Timberhut?? Never saw that happen before...

can, many thais do bring expensive worn out bottles perhaps having cheap content, but with 1300 baht for 2 large red label, their price is hard to beat :)

Pa Lai beach near Phuket zoo has had a bit of a revamp....new walkway along the beach...the food there was sensational and suprisingly cheap....choices of about a dozen seafood restaurants....even though I was a bit scepticle because most of the places were fairly empty, I was very very happy my Gf pushed me into going there...i might back up again tonight.

Pa Lai beach near Phuket zoo has had a bit of a revamp....new walkway along the beach...the food there was sensational and suprisingly cheap....choices of about a dozen seafood restaurants....even though I was a bit scepticle because most of the places were fairly empty, I was very very happy my Gf pushed me into going there...i might back up again tonight.

Palai seafood,one of the oldest famous sea food restaurants in Phuket,a littlle more expensive than when i first went there 20 years ago ..but still good value...

Palai seafood,one of the oldest famous sea food restaurants in Phuket,a littlle more expensive than when i first went there 20 years ago ..but still good value...

i went to rim ao restaurant tonight at Pa Lai beach...got some great pics too..i wasnt disapointed!

i went to rim ao restaurant tonight at Pa Lai beach...got some great pics too..i wasnt disapointed!

We were there for an early supper this evening (at Palai Seafood). Weather was pleasant and of course anywhere around Chalong Bay the views are good. The food was also very good, with fresh oysters, good sized deep fried fish with sweet chilli sauce, an excellent fried rice, leg of pork, a very good grilled squid stuffed with herbs, and a stir fried green vegetable with smoked shrimps. With a few drinks for 3 of us, came to 1800 baht. Here are a few photos of the area, the restaurant, and of course the food.

post-62520-0-18133200-1316007056_thumb.j

post-62520-0-83347600-1316007075_thumb.j

post-62520-0-72444100-1316007094_thumb.j

post-62520-0-25763400-1316007115_thumb.j

post-62520-0-02737800-1316007131_thumb.j

post-62520-0-93905500-1316007149_thumb.j

post-62520-0-38853100-1316007169_thumb.j

post-62520-0-68090600-1316007189_thumb.j

post-62520-0-47344400-1316007209_thumb.j

post-62520-0-07177100-1316007233_thumb.j

post-62520-0-36348300-1316007250_thumb.j

post-62520-0-85041900-1316007266_thumb.j

post-62520-0-33403500-1316007287_thumb.j

post-62520-0-03884000-1316007307_thumb.j

post-62520-0-06904800-1316007324_thumb.j

post-62520-0-21305100-1316007341_thumb.j

post-62520-0-24770900-1316007360_thumb.j

post-62520-0-19312300-1316007382_thumb.j

post-62520-0-36251800-1316007399_thumb.j

post-62520-0-15021100-1316007430_thumb.j

I thought those photos were mine!!! Awesome. i will go up again on sunday. i love it there

Then I think you would also enjoy 'Chaiyo Seafood' further around the (Chalong Bay) on the river at the start of Cape Panwa.

will try it and post photos also rolleyes.gif

On Monday afternoon I was cycling back to my home in Chalong, from the gym that I use in Phuket Town, and got caught in the very heavy downpour, during which I got a puncture in my rear tyre about a mile from home. Anyway, I discovered quite a large screw had punctured the tyre, and yesterday I took the bike to the Phuket Bike Shop on Chaofa East road. The young proprietor there said that if the puncture was large, he might have to insert a new inner tube rather than just repair it. Go ahead I said. I came back a couple of hours later as he was installing the new inner tube, after which he also adjusted the front and rear (disc, not block) brakes. Including the cost of the new inner tube, 160 baht. That was a bargain methinks.

The guy who sells fried chicken and sticky rice at 0600 everyday in front of the 7-11 on the main road in Kamala. Best fried chicken I have ever had. And it's cheap.:D

There is also onein front of 7-11,yellow bank, Sunrise divers on Patak Rd. in Karon. Some of the best chicken i have ever had.