My Thai Wife'S Annoying Habits

3billygoats

Yesterday had an arguement about money.

I'm busy paying off a 40k euro loan from the bank and I'm worried about our finances. I tell her to try to save money because of the economic conditions and she gets angry because she can't buy her pair of Gucci sunglasses for 230 euro. Talk about short sighted...

like someone said: If they can't eat it or can't buy it, they don't understand it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday had an arguement about money.

I'm busy paying off a 40k euro loan from the bank and I'm worried about our finances. I tell her to try to save money because of the economic conditions and she gets angry because she can't buy her pair of Gucci sunglasses for 230 euro. Talk about short sighted...

like someone said: If they can't eat it or can't buy it, they don't understand it.

We've had similar arguments about money. Usually it ends in both of us agreeing that we like to buy good things instead of crappy things, and with us getting into a spending contest with each other.

Edited by OriginalPoster

had to think about this, and I have one - very minor but the best i can do

reluctance to wear wet weather gear when we're on the motorbike.

I say it looks like rain soon and put coat etc on, she says maybe it won't.

10 min later we'll be stopped roadside while she puts her coat on.

Only occasionally I'll say "I told you so" - but occasionally I am wrong . . . and get it back.

After all, what could be more humiliating than being seen in a raincoat when it's not raining?

I have no doubt that my habits are at least as annoying as hers.

I wonder how this thread would look like if it was posted by a Thai woman on a Thai language forum and the original post said something to the effect of "what habits of your farang husband bothers you the most?" I'm going to guess that most of us aren't lily white when viewed through Thai eyes.

I have no doubt that my habits are at least as annoying as hers.

I wonder how this thread would look like if it was posted by a Thai woman on a Thai language forum and the original post said something to the effect of "what habits of your farang husband bothers you the most?" I'm going to guess that most of us aren't lily white when viewed through Thai eyes.

It's always the same....perceptions don't change much.

Us vs. them.

After all, what could be more humiliating than being seen in a raincoat when it's not raining?

Being naked in the hotel lobby when you have locked yourself out of your room because you went to get some ice from the machine at the end of the corridor, just as a party of Japanese tourists are booking in.

You did ask.

(it wasn't me, it was a friend)

Could be applied

Fable of the hedgehog

It was the coldest winter ever. Many animals died because of the cold.

The hedgehogs, realizing the situation, decided to group together to keep warm.

This way they covered and protected themselves; but the quills of each one wounded their closest companions.

After awhile, they decided to distance themselves one from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen. So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions or disappear from the Earth.

Wisely, they decided to go back to being together.

They learned to live with the little wounds caused by the close relationship with their companions in order to receive the warmth that came from the others.

This way they were able to survive.

Moral of the story:

The best relationship is not the one that brings together perfect people, but when each individual learns to live with the imperfections of others and can admire the other person's good qualities.

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. Another of the many annoying habits of the wife. She springs one of those surprise weekends away on me. Arrives with the hire car and driver and whisks me away for a weekend of leisure, fine dining, big sleep-ins, champagne sunsets and so on. I really don't know how much more I can take. Please, give me some advice. Should I file for divorce now or wait until I'm really at my wits end. I must admit I'm getting pretty close. I mean, I really empathize with many of the other posters but really...my situation is truly awful. heeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. Another of the many annoying habits of the wife. She springs one of those surprise weekends away on me. Arrives with the hire car and driver and whisks me away for a weekend of leisure, fine dining, big sleep-ins, champagne sunsets and so on. I really don't know how much more I can take. Please, give me some advice. Should I file for divorce now or wait until I'm really at my wits end. I must admit I'm getting pretty close. I mean, I really empathize with many of the other posters but really...my situation is truly awful. heeeeeeeeeeeelp!

"No, Sweetie, I merely want you to understand....Germs live in rotting food; encrusted grease is rotting fo................"

"I wash very carefully...every time".

"Yes, I know..and I love you for it.................."

"But I cook on the INSIDE of saucepans".

"Yes, of course you do...but please, just to humour me can you wash the outside of the pans as well"?

"And, I always try very hard to save you money".

"Yes Sweetie, I know. Thank you. But I installed hot water at the kitchen sink and by the washing machine for a bloody good reason".

"Don't please swear"!

"I'm sorry, it just slipped out....but hot water used in........"

"Are you angry at me"?

"No I'm not f****ng angry....it's just........................"

"YOU TOLD ME THAT'S A VERY BAD WORD".

"Yes, it is. I'm sorry".

"You don't love me".

"(<deleted>)....."

"WHAT YOU SAY".

"I asked if I can help you with the washing up".

"Okay".

"I'll wash, you dry".

".....................................................................why always you want to dry the plates"?

"(<deleted>)...."

"What you say"?

"I love you".

"I love you too".

Edited by Dave9000

"No, Sweetie, I merely want you to understand....Germs live in rotting food; encrusted grease is rotting fo................"

"I wash very carefully...every time".

"Yes, I know..and I love you for it.................."

"But I cook on the INSIDE of saucepans".

"Yes, of course you do...but please, just to humour me can you wash the outside of the pans as well"?

"And, I always try very hard to save you money".

"Yes Sweetie, I know. Thank you. But I installed hot water at the kitchen sink and by the washing machine for a bloody good reason".

"Don't please swear"!

"I'm sorry, it just slipped out....but hot water used in........"

"Are you angry at me"?

"No I'm not f****ng angry....it's just........................"

"YOU TOLD ME THAT'S A VERY BAD WORD".

"Yes, it is. I'm sorry".

"You don't love me".

"(<deleted>)....."

"WHAT YOU SAY".

"I asked if I can help you with the washing up".

"Okay".

"I'll wash, you dry".

".....................................................................why always you want to dry the plates"?

"(<deleted>)...."

"What you say"?

"I love you".

"I love you too".

Perhaps this conversation would take unexpected twists if performed in Thai......;)