Some Advice On Thai Women

egauge

Ok so the situation is this. I was in Pattaya for work a conference. The manager of the conference is an American Expat 18 years in Pattaya. He is married to a local lady they have children and have been together for about 10 years. He runs South East Asia for his company and bought her a bar/cafe to work. During the trip on the last night I was introduced to her sister. Now I really had no intention of meeting any local ladies and was only sent on the trip with a weeks notice. This girl took my breath away. She is half Thai half Indian and her beauty is beyond any girl I have ever seen. I have dated some hot Australian women but my god she was stunning. I didnt talk to her for half the night we ate dinner with the whole conference delegation and then I was asked by some Americans from the trip to come with to TQ and Walking st. I thought what the hell I have to see if its all that its hyped up to be.

So at TQ the girls kept coming and going but never near me. I was starting to feel like a bit of a leper. We moved on to Walking st and went to Disco at this point she started talking to me. She asked if I liked the music if I was comfortable in the nude clubs. I said its fine but I wouldnt go home with any girls. We drank we laughed her english is very good. At the next bar the guys I was with were surrounded by girls the night started to get a bit out of control. K never left my side. No girls came near me and when some came close at all she spoke to them politely and they left. She works in her sisters cafe. she admits she likes "disco' and to party she is 24 and I am 35. We spoke all night back at the hotel in the morning she said she would see me at lunch before I left for BKK she came down grabbed my phone and added herself to my Facebook and Skype.

We kissed and I left. Since then we have been in contact every day via skype or Facebook 3 weeks ago. I am now going back at the end of the month as she has asked me to come and see her. I work in a good sales job separated with two kids so I cant afford to be played. She has told me she misses me that she is falling for me and that she wants to spend a weekend together to see if there is something more there.

I fear all the horror stories on websites that I have read. I do take note that most of the horror stories are based on bar girls or gogo girls. She hasnt asked for any money she hasnt suggested a relationship she did say she broke up with a guy she never really sees as she didnt feel it was right to see me and lead him on any longer.

Being that she is without doubt the most beautiful girl I have ever seen I asked her why she wasnt married. She said her sister and sisters husband dont like her with men and that he chases guys away.

I do fear I am being played im by no means an ugly guy but I cant see what the hell she would want with me besides money. So I am confused. So do I take the risk and go back or do I kill it off now before the chance of being played happens. I know I am stereotyping but is it the norm to get played or is it the norm for so much attention?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Get a hammer and take off all of your clothes. 2. Go to the bank and change some Aussie dollars into 1000 baht notes. 3. Turn the water on cold. 4. Stand in the shower hitting yourself in the head with the hammer and tear up all the 1000 baht notes . 5. Dry yourself off and jump out a 20 story apartment building and see if you bounce more than once. If you bounce more than once your relationship will work.

If you don't bounce more than once after you recover, if you do. Go back with your wife, raise your kids, put them through school and be miserable for 20 years until you are old and get a divorce. Then come back to Thailand as an old man and enjoy the TQ like we all do. You will have a better handle on life by then.

Thailand is a lot more fun if, like the rest of us happy folks here, it is preceded by 30 or 40 years of misery in the West.

Young guys aren't supposed to be happy. You are supposed to take care of your responsibilities and be locked in a loveless marriage. That's the Western system. If you try and shortcut the system and find happiness before 60 years of age it won't work.

1.Get a hammer and take off all of your clothes. 2. Go to the bank and change some Aussie dollars into 1000 baht notes. 3. Turn the water on cold. 4. Stand in the shower hitting yourself in the head with the hammer and tear up all the 1000 baht notes . 5. Dry yourself off and jump out a 20 story apartment building and see if you bounce more than once. If you bounce more than once your relationship will work.

If you don't bounce more than once after you recover, if you do. Go back with your wife, raise your kids, put them through school and be miserable for 20 years until you are old and get a divorce. Then come back to Thailand as an old man and enjoy the TQ like we all do. You will have a better handle on life by then.

Thailand is a lot more fun if, like the rest of us happy folks here, it is preceded by 30 or 40 years of misery in the West.

Young guys aren't supposed to be happy. You are supposed to take care of your responsibilities and be locked in a loveless marriage. That's the Western system. If you try and shortcut the system and find happiness before 60 years of age it won't work.

Im not sure if that was helpful or not. So in other words go for it. lol

Edited by egauge

You've only known her for a few weeks, so it's way-too-early to be thinking long-term, just 'go with the flow' and enjoy a week-end together, as she suggests.

You're neither of you silly hormonal teenagers. The age-difference isn't too-great, especially here, where many women seem happy to find an older more-mature & more-financially-secure husband.

What's to lose, apart from an affordable (small) sum of money, and a few of your Western-inhibitions ?

It might be helpful to remove yourselves at-some-point from the high-intensity ting-tong party-atmosphere of Pattaya (or Phuket), and see how that changes things, but be aware that eventually being taken home to meet the village & family would be a very-significant step, especially for her, so don't do that until you're very serious about pursuing a long-term future with her.

Every marriage or long-term relationship starts with a casual-meeting, but so does every casual-relationship too, you simply have no idea which one this is yet ! Have fun finding-out ! B)

Well what can one say! Its up to you? One thing I would say is dont drop your guard, look out for any warning signs that might end up with you losing money, most girls in cafe/bars in Pattaya are there for one thing only ans its to enhance their bank balance and diminish yours although you may have agood time along the way. There are lots of stunning girls here but that does not mean the person inside is the one you want or think, there are many stories here and many books in print about hw people have been sucked in and relieved of their valuables on the other hand she may be the real deal but on such short notice how do you know? Look out for requests for cash and think very carefully about the future, you can always come back later in life. Bit like a school crush that maybe you will get over and dont think t just happens to you, take care.

Thanks guys I am very wary hence the original post. I am not an Idiot I work by reading people its how I sell. I tend to look at the whole picture. I see her mum is with a Brit her sister with a yank and her other sister is with a French guy. I also took note that her ex was Australian. I can see a pattern there. I asked her for a favour in getting some tank tops and some Muay Thai shorts for my son and offered to send her the money. About two hours later she sent me a text with the pictures of them she had bought. I again offered to send her money and she said no. So I am cautious but looking forward to a good weekend. She did suggest Phuket. Patong. But I really cant be bothered flying again after arriving in Bkk. so I will just book a hotel there away from Walking st and see how a weekend goes. Its all I can do really.oh crap she has already shown me to her mum on Skype and her sisters too. Does that mean I am engaged lol........:blink:

Edited by egauge

If she is stunning- then the first thing is to get her into bed. AFTER that, take it slowly and see where it goes. But I think a girl like that is 90% likely to be dating several guys like you at the same time.

Also, take a look at yourself too- if you are genuinely 'handsome' and have a good job then you may have a chance with her.

Sounds like she's in it for the long game. If she's working at a cafe, surely every baht is valuable as cafe workers don't make a lot of money (unless of course there's a few sponsors overseas). Where does she and her sisters come from? Are they educated? What are their working backgrounds etc. etc. If they're farmers daughters from Isaan with no education, I'd say be very very wary. BTW, where does the half Indian come from? I'm assuming it's the father and where is he?

Thanks guys I am very wary hence the original post. I am not an Idiot I work by reading people its how I sell. I tend to look at the whole picture. I see her mum is with a Brit her sister with a yank and her other sister is with a French guy. I also took note that her ex was Australian. I can see a pattern there. I asked her for a favour in getting some tank tops and some Muay Thai shorts for my son and offered to send her the money. About two hours later she sent me a text with the pictures of them she had bought. I again offered to send her money and she said no. So I am cautious but looking forward to a good weekend. She did suggest Phuket. Patong. But I really cant be bothered flying again after arriving in Bkk. so I will just book a hotel there away from Walking st and see how a weekend goes. Its all I can do really.oh crap she has already shown me to her mum on Skype and her sisters too. Does that mean I am engaged lol........:blink:

You are obviously not looking at the big picture...:whistling:

I personally would suggest neutral ground for your intended weekend tryst so going to Phuket or somewhere else away from Pattaya would be the better idea, <deleted>...not a hotel on walking street...:rolleyes:

You are obviously not looking at the big picture...:whistling:

I personally would suggest neutral ground for your intended weekend tryst so going to Phuket or somewhere else away from Pattaya would be the better idea, <deleted>...not a hotel on walking street...:rolleyes:

Indeed, somewhere away from all the madness would be much better.

Sounds like she's in it for the long game. If she's working at a cafe, surely every baht is valuable as cafe workers don't make a lot of money (unless of course there's a few sponsors overseas). Where does she and her sisters come from? Are they educated? What are their working backgrounds etc. etc. If they're farmers daughters from Isaan with no education, I'd say be very very wary. BTW, where does the half Indian come from? I'm assuming it's the father and where is he?

I believe her father lives in Phuket, She seems much more educated than her sister. I might have something to do with her Brother in Law teaching her english from an early age. I will stay as far away from Walking st as possible I think there are some hotels way down the other end of beach rd. She has traveled extensively with her best friend to Japan a few times and to Singapore. I will see how it goes. Even if it goes bad I am sure I can still have some fun In Pattaya.

I realy hope she is a classy lady mate.

However when u said she wants to spend the weekend TOGETHER,to get to know u,if that means having sex,then most non bar girls/freelancers would suggest that.

Rule of thumb,thai girls are no different than any girl in the world,what u see aint always what u get.Fall in lust first if she is offering sex on a plate and take it from there,but a word of caution,i know of 2 british guys who are on a death list by smitten thai girls,not bar girls/freelancers,these are business women.

If she is stunning- then the first thing is to get her into bed. AFTER that, take it slowly and see where it goes. But I think a girl like that is 90% likely to be dating several guys like you at the same time.

Also, take a look at yourself too- if you are genuinely 'handsome' and have a good job then you may have a chance with her.

Stunning doesnt do her justice. If she was here she would be with out a doubt a top model. Picture a thinner Kim Kardashian with the body of Angelina Jolie.

If they are Bangkok parasites,stay well clear mate.

Im not sure if that was helpful or not. So in other words go for it. lol

My mind boggles. No, I said stay home; go back with your wife and raise your kids. When they have finished college get a divorce and come back to Thailand.

Stunning doesnt do her justice. If she was here she would be with out a doubt a top model. Picture a thinner Kim Kardashian with the body of Angelina Jolie.

I don't want to be presumptuous, but it sure does sound like you're saying that if you were back home, this girl would be out-of-your-league. So you're asking if the rules back home applies to Thailand? Short answer--yes it does. But in Pattaya, you could always pretend that it doesn't.

I don't want to be presumptuous, but it sure does sound like you're saying that if you were back home, this girl would be out-of-your-league. So you're asking if the rules back home applies to Thailand? Short answer--yes it does. But in Pattaya, you could always pretend that it doesn't.

I wouldnt say out of my league if she was my age I would say Id be more than in with a chance. Its only her age that makes me wonder why. But I was talking to her Brother in Law just then and he made the statement its what Thai women are used to they are married early to older men and usually find much older foreigners. I guess the hope that I have is that with her Brother in Law and I in business together I would hope that he would tell me she is a player

I wouldnt say out of my league if she was my age I would say Id be more than in with a chance. Its only her age that makes me wonder why. But I was talking to her Brother in Law just then and he made the statement its what Thai women are used to they are married early to older men and usually find much older foreigners. I guess the hope that I have is that with her Brother in Law and I in business together I would hope that he would tell me she is a player

In Thailand, 35 vs. 24 is not a problem. You can trust me on that one. But if she's been with more than a few farangs, I'd agree that she was a player. Definitely beware.

In Thailand, 35 vs. 24 is not a problem. You can trust me on that one. But if she's been with more than a few farangs, I'd agree that she was a player. Definitely beware.

thanks man

Use extreme caution. Sounds like a smooth & savvy operator.

It'll take a few years of living together (unmarried, in Thailand) to know if she's probably genuine. Friend of mine got involved w/ a lady something like this and eventually discovered the hard way that she wanted to get to the States, get a green card, and run away with who knows who. If he'd lived with her first, I think he'd have found her out before that heartache could happen.

To her you are an option. She's sizing you up to see if it's worth her while. If not, she'll drop you. If you're an opportunity she'll play the long game. Don't lose more than you can afford. Enjoy the game while it lasts but know when to walk away from the table.

The other girls didn't come near you because the 'ho' you were sitting with warned them off.

That's the way it works.

Sister owns a bar, she is comfortable in the company of pros ........ hmmmmm

Ive been to the "bar" I wouldnt call it a bar like walking street. Its more of an internet cafe that serves drinks. No girls dancing no girls will even approach you mainly because the only three girls who work there are her mum her sister and herself.