Income Whilst Living In Los

Pedzie

Pedzie, not meaning to be a nark, but there was a recent thread identical to your own.

From memory it went on for a few pages, so if you can find it via the Thaivisa search facility it would be interesting. It would have either been in the general or in the business & banking fora

Consultant Engineer (not O&G), work all around the region although mostly India, Philippines and Thailand at present. Currently about 50% spent in Thailand (hoping to be more soon).

Thai work permit of course (oddly enough needed to get a business visa for India).

If you have the requisite company set up a WP is actually a piece of cake to get, just a bunch of paperwork and running around, and, just like immigration, variable requirements. This year the labour department decided to query my job description. The chap just wouldn't budge (actually he didn't understand what I do), so now I'm a 'Computer Engineer' floated his boat but does nothing to describe what I actually do (we use a lot of computers though).

Consultant Engineer (not O&G), work all around the region although mostly India, Philippines and Thailand at present. Currently about 50% spent in Thailand (hoping to be more soon).

Thai work permit of course (oddly enough needed to get a business visa for India).

If you have the requisite company set up a WP is actually a piece of cake to get, just a bunch of paperwork and running around, and, just like immigration, variable requirements. This year the labour department decided to query my job description. The chap just wouldn't budge (actually he didn't understand what I do), so now I'm a 'Computer Engineer' floated his boat but does nothing to describe what I actually do (we use a lot of computers though).

The only problem about a company and a work permit is the 5 Thais you have to employ. For many this is the main problem.

The only problem about a company and a work permit is the 5 Thais you have to employ. For many this is the main problem.

This is 2 if you are married to a Thai.

This is 2 if you are married to a Thai.

That is still 2 too many if you are working online in a language not spoken by Thais. The whole spirit of the law is to make sure foreigners don't take up jobs that Thai could do. However in situations like this where you are doing business a Thai can't do you still need to employ then even though they can't do the work.

I know all about just putting them on the payroll and just paying the social security and stuff and not paying the salary. But that is fraud so why open a company (for doing things legal) if you are still committing fraud (this method was suggested by lawyers :D )

I thought the only restriction was that you'd need a Thai WP in order to APPLY for the India business visa at the India Embassy in Bangkok as oppose to applying from your home country.

Ok thanks guys, I wasn't aware of the other indentical thread!

I'm thinking online gambling when i come back to LOS, i do ok here in the UK with it, I know it's illegal in LOS so maybe thats a no-no.

I have seen countless Thais betting on English football at the net cafe's on previous visits to LOS ??

Just trying to get some ideas together, I work in construction here in UK so I know I can't do that sort of work in LOS

I'm thinking online gambling when i come back to LOS, i do ok here in the UK with it, I know it's illegal in LOS so maybe thats a no-no.

I have seen countless Thais betting on English football at the net cafe's on previous visits to LOS ??

Just trying to get some ideas together, I work in construction here in UK so I know I can't do that sort of work in LOS

Gambling is illegal in Thailand on-line or otherwise so that would make it a no no me thinks and certainly a no no to talk about it on TV....:rolleyes:

Online Gambling :o

Are you for real?? Don't you realise gambling is designed to make money for those who run the websites.

I thought the only restriction was that you'd need a Thai WP in order to APPLY for the India business visa at the India Embassy in Bangkok as oppose to applying from your home country.

Correct, up until a couple of years back it wasn't required, then they enforced the requirement of having had a WP for 3 years. It's now just having a WP, no time requirements.

Flying back to the UK for an Indian visa would have been a non-starter for me, luckily (or maybe not) I meet the criteria.

I employ my lady wife as one of the required Thai employees, the office cleaner is the other.

Open a bar in Pattaya or Phuket...sure fire business plan in Thailand, never fails...

Yeah I could construct my own bar in both places, a surefire winner no doubt :-)

I hire myself out as a gigolo.

I always wondered why you were living on Mama noodles and egg sandwich. rolleyes.gif

And that's on a good month!

Lol..

not sure but I THINK the punters are supposed to pay YOU??

how does the old saw go?......."what cheap BARSTARD paid you just 25 BAHT........"everybody!"