Mitsubishi Ex Vs Chevy Cruze

The Remote Boot Opening is a nice feature on the Ex, and the Lights are Brilliant. { No pun intended}. tried one this evening in the rain its pedigree shows through, Precision, as opposed to the Cruzes "Cock in a Bowler Hat" sloping around the place ride..The Cruze is Quiet though. :D

The OP never said the CRUZE slopped around the place. YOU said that.

The CRUZE doesn't slop around anything.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

to keep anyone still interested abreast of developments.... I guess you can say that I have been somewhat 'pussy-whipped' into looking at a 1.5 or less City as we could do with the 100k tax back, and to be honest, paying back 400k+ over 5 years meant nearly 8k per month out of my meager salary.

This was put into sharp perspective this month as I have just had to pay 10k for unexpected medical bills this and, as such, I have started looking longingly at the rice/salt combo set in our kitchen :-)... but in all seriousness, it has made me realize how much losing 8k of 34k would really be a pain in the arse (especially with a nipper - totally different if single!)

So, I have looked at the City, but they won't take my car as a trade in + 3 months wait... not practical. After reading here, the Mazda 2 manual might offer frugality with some amount of fun - after visiting the dealer, they offered me 400k for my car. Will go back and test drive the 4dr MT... though I hated the interior dash/facia styling, the idea of paying 145k over 5 years with 100k cash next year is quite appeasing.

Will keep those of you who haven't fallen asleep updated.

PS I, for one, am enjoying the "Cruze banter" :-)

I guess I'm in a pretty good position to give you some advice on both the new City and Mazda 2. I bought a new City two years ago this month, and bought my wife a mazda 2 hatch one year ago. I have had a chance to drive them both extensively long distances, as well as in town.

I also watched the promo last night on channel 3 about the new City. Seems the changes are minor, and cosmetic, though the two airbags are nice.

If this is for your primary and sole car, I would definitely wait for the City 3 months. It is a heavier, sturdier car, gets better gas mileage, and has extremely good resale value and desirability. I do also love the Mazda 2, especially for city driving as it's extremely easy to drive and park, tight turning circle, etc., but it has more road noise on longer trips, and gets worse gas mileage. On the ad, they did mention the price of the new City has increased from 5,000-20,000 Baht depending on the model.

My two baht for you...

A Cock in a Bowler Hat is being Kind, yes i said it, that about one thing you got right., Its like a Wallowing Rocket 88 Yank Tank.. Tried the Mazda 2, i like the Sporty Manual, i found the inside better than Fords Undertakers Parlor design. In fact i was April Fooled,my Daughter came home in a Focus. Shes just got rid of a Truck Spivo, and i thought not another" freakin lemon", but she had rented it.. Honda are a bit snotty on part ex allowance, unless its a Honda. On thing i must say Chevy should put a Bow Tie on a Proton,to fool Ting Tongs. Tried them , all 3, and again i like the handleing, its the badge that spoils their sales. The only good thing about being old is watching you Pups suffer like i did long ago , sencible money logic Jim..Bet the Teachers Cruze payments gobble up all his 10K P.M.Salary.:cheesy:

Hi all,

to keep anyone still interested abreast of developments.... I guess you can say that I have been somewhat 'pussy-whipped' into looking at a 1.5 or less City as we could do with the 100k tax back, and to be honest, paying back 400k+ over 5 years meant nearly 8k per month out of my meager salary.

This was put into sharp perspective this month as I have just had to pay 10k for unexpected medical bills this and, as such, I have started looking longingly at the rice/salt combo set in our kitchen :-)... but in all seriousness, it has made me realize how much losing 8k of 34k would really be a pain in the arse (especially with a nipper - totally different if single!)

So, I have looked at the City, but they won't take my car as a trade in + 3 months wait... not practical. After reading here, the Mazda 2 manual might offer frugality with some amount of fun - after visiting the dealer, they offered me 400k for my car. Will go back and test drive the 4dr MT... though I hated the interior dash/facia styling, the idea of paying 145k over 5 years with 100k cash next year is quite appeasing.

Will keep those of you who haven't fallen asleep updated.

PS I, for one, am enjoying the "Cruze banter" :-)

Oh you didn't tell us that. If you're earning 34,000 baht a month you cant afford my car.

Just get a Brio.

Went to Lao for a few days last month, Hyundai looks very nice many there, the 130 and the new i40 most were saloons, few hatch backs, looks better than Mitsubishi Ex or Chevy Cruze + far cheaper...... Guess all about tax and protecting Thai built cars here.

Went to Lao for a few days last month, Hyundai looks very nice many there, the 130 and the new i40 most were saloons, few hatch backs, looks better than Mitsubishi Ex or Chevy Cruze + far cheaper...... Guess all about tax and protecting Thai built cars here.

That really doesn't help him at all.

"Oh you didn't tell us that. If you're earning 34,000 baht a month you cant afford my car.

Just get a Brio."

And your post does?

Edited by Will27

"Oh you didn't tell us that. If you're earning 34,000 baht a month you cant afford my car.

Just get a Brio."

And your post does?

Yes. The Brio is a car he can buy in Thailand, where he lives. The engine is small and the automatic costs 508,000 baht. The manual costs even less.

Yes. It helps.

Hey I saw a Hyundai i40 in Laos. It looked great!

Good for you. Who cares? We're in Thailand.

Edited by thaicruze

A 2005 Ford Focus 2 lt is not an old car, why change ?

Mitsubishi Ex or Chevy Cruze is the same sort of size, but 8k a month a problem... keep the Focus for another 2 years and lose 50 - 60k or payment on a new car over next 2 year near 200k... downgrade to a smaller car eg: City or the unloved harder to resell manual version..

what is wrong with the Focus ? why change now?

There are a number of 1 year old Mitsubishi Ex for sale, 100k+ less than new. [yes I have looked as like the looks of it]

Did see a 4 month old manual City for sale @ 428k.. that is over 100k in 4 months + it is a Honda.

I have a Audi A6, have been thinking of selling for over 2 years but to get what ? only do about 5 - 6,000 km per year in it, why change.

Pickup is different change every 3 years, main reason by then has 400,000 km on clock + still get a very good trade in price to change

Cant Afford My Car. What a Pompous Ass you are. Jim isnt living of his Wife, and hes a Young Gentleman as his posts show. Tone your personall coments down. You started off O.K. but your Street Creds nearly Zero..As Iz My Spellinz.:D

Who can possibly live off their wife in Thailand. Do you know what Thai salaries are here? Mine earns 1/4th of what I earn.

And it wasn't pompous. It was a statement of fact. 34,000 baht is not a real salary. That's ridiculous. That amounts just to all my bills every month.

The best advice is not to buy a car. He doest earn enough. He should get a job 55,000-60,000. Then he can get one.

Edited by thaicruze

Who can possibly live off their wife in Thailand. Do you know what Thai salaries are here?

Well, mine makes 175K/mth, so I suppose we could try to live off that, but it'd probably mean the Porsche and a couple of holiday condos would have to go.

Get off your high horse TC, your salary would barely cover my dinner wine.

Who can possibly live off their wife in Thailand. Do you know what Thai salaries are here?

Well, mine makes 175K/mth, so I suppose we could try to live off that, but it'd probably mean the Porsche and a couple of holiday condos would have to go.

Yea right.

It's amazing how in forums everyone is important, rich and used to work for NASA. :D

If you have a Porsche and your dinners cost north of 70,000 baht every day, and you only earn 175,000 plus whatever a desk jockey earns, then you're poorer than I though.

Edited by thaicruze

Yea right.

It's amazing how in forums everyone is important, rich and used to work for NASA. :D

If you have a Porsche and your dinners cost north of 70,000 baht every day, and you only earn 175,000 plus whatever a desk jockey earns, then you're poorer than I though.

Well, my TH wife only made 150k baht/month, actually she only declared 50k baht/ month to revenue, so she could only afford an Accord 2,4, but she was happy with it. She kept one of the pool villas in L&H when we split up

Now my GF only makes 50k baht/month, so I have to help her out on occasions. Good man she says :D

The Cruze LS also has remote trunk opening.

Whats remarkable with that? so has the Deawoo Fantasy a model that stopped approx 15 years ago.

Nothing really. But they said the Mitsubishi has it. So does the Cruze.

Both cars are 1.8L 6 speed transmissions

Both cars have EBD and ABS

Both cars have pretension seat belts

Mitsu has 2 airbags (regardless of model) - the Cruze LS has 1 LT 2 and LTZ 4

Mitsu takes E85 - Cruze E10

Cruze has ESP - Mistu doesn't

Cruze has Traction Control - Mitsu doesn't

Mitsu has an 80's interior look with plastic wood - Cruze is modern and high quality materials (looks more expensive)

Mitsu comes with leather - Cruze it's an option.

Mitsu has rack and pinion steering - Cruze is electronic.

The Cruze has an HID where you can go through a menu and set how different things behave.

11CruzeRadio-resized-600.jpg

For example, how many pages of favorites for your stations, how long do the lights stay on for when you open the car or turn it off. When you open the car with your remote, do all doors open when you click once or only the driver door, etc etc. I don't know that you can do this with the Lancer.

It's a tough choice that comes down to your personal taste and driving preference. You just have to go and test them both.

Edited by thaicruze

The Cruze LS also has remote trunk opening.

Whats remarkable with that? so has the Deawoo Fantasy a model that stopped approx 15 years ago.

Nothing really. But they said the Mitsubishi has it. So does the Cruze.

Both cars are 1.8L 6 speed transmissions

Both cars have EBD and ABS

Both cars have pretension seat belts

Mitsu has 2 airbags (regardless of model) - the Cruze LS has 1 LT 2 and LTZ 4

Mitsu takes E85 - Cruze E10

Cruze has ESP - Mistu doesn't

Cruze has Traction Control - Mitsu doesn't

Mitsu has an 80's interior look with plastic wood - Cruze is modern and high quality materials (looks more expensive)

Mitsu comes with leather - Cruze it's an option.

Mitsu has rack and pinion steering - Cruze is electronic.

The Cruze has an HID where you can go through a menu and set how different things behave.

11CruzeRadio-resized-600.jpg

For example, how many pages of favorites for your stations, how long do the lights stay on for when you open the car or turn it off. When you open the car with your remote, do all doors open when you click once or only the driver door, etc etc. I don't know that you can do this with the Lancer.

It's a tough choice that comes down to your personal taste and driving preference. You just have to go and test the both. They are both similarly spec'd.

That's what i said in a sentence, not a book.

what doors open when you click the button?

The non-poor version of the cruze unlocks automatically when you walk by, no button.

Funny

Nice try.

I don't think 900,000 baht is "poor version". The LT and the LS are the same car. Why should i pay more to walk by and have the doors open? Are you telling me you're that lazy you can't push a button?

All the doors open when you push the button. As I said, you can set this up how you want to.

Rain sensing and auto lights are another useless feature. You can lift your finger and turn on the wipers? You can't move your arm 12 inches to turn on the lights at night?

If the LT had any real features i would've gone for it, but the only one to buy other than the LS is the diesel one because it has a diesel engine. For what you get for another 100,000 baht is not worth it for the LT and LTZ.

The only other thing I can thing of is if you have a family and require 4 airbags. I drive alone mostly, except in the afternoon where there is 1 other person with me. This person sits so far back, a passenger airbag would be useless, so, the LS is the one to get.

As I said before, if you're willing to shell out over 1,000,000 baht (which is what the LT AND LTZ will be when you're done paying them, then you should be looking at other cars.

Edited by thaicruze

As I said before, if you're willing to shell out over 1,000,000 baht (which is what the LT AND LTZ will be when you're done paying them, then you should be looking at other cars.

What other cars are there ? Top model Cruze is just under 1 million list price. top model Toyota Atlas is well over 1 million, as is the Mitsubishi Ex, Mazda 3, Honda Civic all over 1 million.... Makes the OP present make look very cheap brand new.. for the same sort of class

Edited by ignis

.I have todays price in front of me. From the Lancer Ex Box i quote. 1.8 GLX, A/T.794.000..That being the base Ex. There are 6 Ex Types in the Ex Range, the top one being the 2.0 G.T @1,061,000.in white. So i think for one who just pootles about and doesnt need hi speed aids, the base Mitsu aint bad value.:jap:

.I have todays price in front of me. From the Lancer Ex Box i quote. 1.8 GLX, A/T.794.000..That being the base Ex. There are 6 Ex Types in the Ex Range, the top one being the 2.0 G.T @1,061,000.in white. So i think for one who just pootles about and doesnt need hi speed aids, the base Mitsu aint bad value.:jap:

The OP already has a Ford Focus 2.0 S , which was the top model, a base Ex seams to be going downhill.