Yingluck Pledges To Eradicate 80% Of Drugs Within One Year

Lite Beer

Don't care how she gets rid if them as long as she does. Extra-judicial "no plop-plem".

Oh, and kill innocent ones like they did last time? If it is to happen once more, maybe you'll be on their list singing a different tune. Get a clue what you're saying, sheesh.

How many do you reckon were innocent, Cowboy? I reckon none -- or close to it. Collateral damage.

I realize you're just trolling, but as none were found guilty at a trial, ALL of the people killed were innocent.

• Like 1

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened under Thaksin was clearly tragic and morally and legally WRONG.

However, it was quite popular.

So given that what is the political motivation for his current puppet, Ms. Yingluck, to not simply do a REPEAT?

Praises to her if she does not, but she has every political motivation to follow in the footsteps of the man pulling the strings.

In fact, if she proceeds with a soft touch, she will be accused of being WEAK.

Edited by Jingthing

Don't care how she gets rid if them as long as she does. Extra-judicial "no plop-plem".

So let's get this straight. You favor the cold blooded mass murder of

-- SUSPECTED drug dealers

-- SUSPECTED drug users

-- people who happen to be in the general vicinity of same (men, women, children, babies) when the bullets are flying

OK, the THAI public seemed to be cool with all that last time, and may still be cool with that. But most of us here on the forum are westerners with different values. We don't need to apologize for or change our core moral values when we enter at BKK.

It was cool to the local people (and to me) because we are realists not starry-eyed idealists.

There is no such thing as a suspected drug dealer. The cops, and everyone else, knows who is who, and that the legal system is often not up to dealing with people of influence. Bullet in the head is the only way of making sure some people end up where they belong.

I suspect YOU and as you are a probably a lying drug dealer I will put a bullet in your head now without a trial. There. "no plop-plem".It;s the only way I'll know that you will not deal drugs again.

I realize you're just trolling, but as none were found guilty at a trial, ALL of the people killed were innocent.

A very interesting comment..........."as none were found guilty at a trial, ALL of the people killed were innocent"

Let us see are there other happenings in Thailand we could relate that thought to?

Edited by 473geo

Oh, and kill innocent ones like they did last time? If it is to happen once more, maybe you'll be on their list singing a different tune. Get a clue what you're saying, sheesh.

How many do you reckon were innocent, Cowboy? I reckon none -- or close to it. Collateral damage.

Answer: 100% as all Thai citizens are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law! You are a sick individual with your blood-lust.

Unsubstantiated assertions aside, I guess that no-one will really know how many were killed as a consequence of Thaksin's 'war on drugs' or how many innocent people died at the hands of the police. That's the problem. Unless the police and the criminal justice system abide by due process and unless homicide investigations are instigated, conducted, completed and reported according to established protocols, we are left floundering in doubt, debate and distrust, and the door is wide-open to those who believe that 'collateral damage' and extrajudicial killings are fine and dandy.

It's probably time to re-read the 2003 Amnesty International report, which clearly documents the lack of investigation and follow-up ( My link).

Remember Richard, not one of those murdered were found guilty of drug dealing, what if it had been your innocent kid or husband.. 2800 people were murdered without any evidence against them.. if one of those currupt policemen did not like you for whatever reason...he shot you dead, and said..Oops.. I thought he was a drug dealer.. Richard, better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are an idiot.. than to open it and give evidence.. Do you still have your return ticket..?

I like the Prime Minister's goal and from what I read there are a lot of easy pickings where drug sales are openly made by foreigners. Clean them out, jail them, deport them and ban them from ever re-entering Thailand again.

Thais that are sellers or users could be jailed and then used as unpaid laborers for awhile to continue to watch them/keep them from drugs and pay back the government for the expense of jailing them until they are clean of drugs via drug tests.

Please, no killings by the government if it can be avoided but keep the police officers safe when apprehending the criminals.

Come on guys , we all know who the biggest drug dealers are.. in Thailand they are called policemen...

So let's get this straight. You favor the cold blooded mass murder of

-- SUSPECTED drug dealers

-- SUSPECTED drug users

-- people who happen to be in the general vicinity of same (men, women, children, babies) when the bullets are flying

OK, the THAI public seemed to be cool with all that last time, and may still be cool with that. But most of us here on the forum are westerners with different values. We don't need to apologize for or change our core moral values when we enter at BKK.

It was cool to the local people (and to me) because we are realists not starry-eyed idealists.

There is no such thing as a suspected drug dealer. The cops, and everyone else, knows who is who, and that the legal system is often not up to dealing with people of influence. Bullet in the head is the only way of making sure some people end up where they belong.

I'd have to concur. Let the blood bath begin. None of these drug traffickers ever get reformed. There's a black list. Let the police use it. Daylight shootings don't bother me if the person killed is a drug trafficker. jap.gif I'd rather read about a drug dealer cut down than a guy high on yabba raping a girl and gutting her like a fish. Day in court? No need. I subscribe to the "som nam na" quick justice system. jap.gif

• Like 1

Did I miss it or does her plan not include any kind of therapy or rehabilitation to actually help people get off and stay off drugs? As long as addicts are left untreated they will find a way to get and abuse drugs. I think the US has had their "war on drugs" and its users going for 40 years now and not only is the drug problem still there but states are going broke in large part to the number of prisons they need to build and staff to hold all the prisoners of which about 80% are there due to some relation with drugs.

Bring on the war on drugs asap, its all so entertaining, I love to watch the u-tube video's seeing drug dealers get shot is so much fun. I want some fresh entertainment. Do you people really care if a druggy or dealer gets shot without a day in court?

The police are not going to shoot you unless your a known dealer! So what if a inocent person cops a cap. Mistakes will happen, more inocent peolpe die every day choking on a fish bone than accidently get shot by a cop.

Shoot first ask questions later is the only way to send the message. The rest of the world should watch and learn the Taksin way.

• Like 1

drugfree2.jpg

drugfree.jpg

Thaksin declares the country 'drug free area'

"The government is pleased to announce that the country is now a drug-free area and will proclaim victory in its war on drugs," said Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

- The Nation / April 13, 2003

http://www.nationmul...area-77076.html

Errr... so Thaksin was wrong then.  The country is not drug free as declared by the great man hiding in Dubai.

Who'da thunk?

Bring on the war on drugs asap, its all so entertaining, I love to watch the u-tube video's seeing drug dealers get shot is so much fun. I want some fresh entertainment. Do you people really care if a druggy or dealer gets shot without a day in court?

The police are not going to shoot you unless your a known dealer! So what if a inocent person cops a cap. Mistakes will happen, more inocent peolpe die every day choking on a fish bone than accidently get shot by a cop.

Shoot first ask questions later is the only way to send the message. The rest of the world should watch and learn the Taksin way.

Like I said this kind of thing is popular with the masses ...

So I guess there isn't much reason for optimism here.

I'd have to concur. Let the blood bath begin. None of these drug traffickers ever get reformed. There's a black list. Let the police use it. Daylight shootings don't bother me if the person killed is a drug trafficker. jap.gif I'd rather read about a drug dealer cut down than a guy high on yabba raping a girl and gutting her like a fish. Day in court? No need. I subscribe to the "som nam na" quick justice system. jap.gif

Yer well said

Drugs are purchased by the common Thais

Drugs are sold to the common person by Thais

one can never stop the sale of drugs as both sides exist

American 100 times more profesional than the Thai Police can not stop drugs

My god some people must be really using these drugs to believe what come out of her mouth

Not exactly...Africans control the Ice and Coke market in BKK. Yaba on the other hand is mainly a Thai market.

Something really has to be done to control the influx of African drug dealers around the Nana area in particular.

The entire Nana area is one big cut after 2am.

Edited by KRS1

There's some irony with a Yabba crackdown, considering the obvious fact that the bulk of users are from the low income worker base that are the same demographic group that is the foundation of the Thaksinista political movement. I think it's a killer drug and totally favor any HUMANE measures to stop usage here, but the reality is a lot of hard working Thais feel they need to use it to stay awake during grueling long hours of work. It's very common among commercial vehicle drivers. Of course, they are making a big mistake but to my view the users are victims. The last Thaksin drug war saw many users killed along with the dealers, and also of course the total innocents caught in so called collateral damage.

I'm resigned to the fact the locals like rough justice. It's their call, but I'll keep thinking it is totally immoral and also illegal. Suspects deserve a trial. It's simple.

Edited by Jingthing

There's some irony with a Yabba crackdown, considering the obvious fact that the bulk of users are from the low income worker base that are the same demographic group that is the foundation of the Thaksinista political movement. I think it's a killer drug and totally favor any HUMANE measures to stop usage here, but the reality is a lot of hard working Thais feel they need to use it to stay awake during grueling long hours of work. It's very common among commercial vehicle drivers. Of course, they are making a big mistake but to my view the users are victims. The last Thaksin drug war saw many users killed along with the dealers, and also of course the total innocents caught in so called collateral damage.

I'm resigned to the fact the locals like rough justice. It's their call, but I'll keep thinking it is totally immoral and also illegal. Suspects deserve a trial. It's simple.

The locals seem to accept rough justice unless the innocents or in this case users being killed are not their own. But as witnessed for any event (and there are plenty of examples) recently when it is one of their own then they are screaming blue murder, are wanting accountability and or course the fistful of Baht. Of course the falangs on here will be quiet and content and happy to be flobbed off by the BiB for the shoot them all rule to keep applying if their partner or loved ones get shot by mistake or convience.

The only issue I have with Yingluck's announcement apart from more substance for assistance to users is the stupidity of the KPI. 80% in one year? Are they all that stupid or is she that immature that she still believes in magic wands and fairies?

Edited by Roadman

drugfree2.jpg

drugfree.jpg

Thaksin declares the country 'drug free area'

"The government is pleased to announce that the country is now a drug-free area and will proclaim victory in its war on drugs," said Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

- The Nation / April 13, 2003

http://www.nationmul...area-77076.html

Errr... so Thaksin was wrong then.  The country is not drug free as declared by the great man hiding in Dubai.

Who'da thunk?

Any one that is posting his praise in this thread.

Did I miss it or does her plan not include any kind of therapy or rehabilitation to actually help people get off and stay off drugs? As long as addicts are left untreated they will find a way to get and abuse drugs. I think the US has had their "war on drugs" and its users going for 40 years now and not only is the drug problem still there but states are going broke in large part to the number of prisons they need to build and staff to hold all the prisoners of which about 80% are there due to some relation with drugs.

The US is in the process of privatising prisons, many people are finding themselves in prison for mainly minor drug offences, for each person that is jailed the 'private company' bills the federal government for detaining the individual, and the company makes a good profit per person it jails.

Defo not the way to go....

Sounds like a Thaksinista adjustment. Thaksin Drug War Lite. Instead of 100 percent, 80 percent. Instead of 3 months, one year. It would also be nice if they could not do the thousands of extra-judicial killings that happened last time under the last Thaksin regime. Too optimistic to hope for that?

She might compromise and say; 75% and that`s my final offer.

But seriously, 80% in 1 year? I wish her all the Yingluck in the world, because I`ll believe it, when I see it.

Down my way, most of my neighbors are on drugs, even the old folk. They`re as easy to obtain here as a can of beer and a packet of cigarettes. The police turn to blind eye to it most of the time because many of the users are dirt poor, so there are no incentives for the police to arrest them.

I would guess that most of the problem is in the outer remote villages rather than in the cities.

For Yingluck to succeed, first she has to convince the police to actually do they`re job.

Edited by Beetlejuice

The only issue I have with Yingluck's announcement apart from more substance for assistance to users is the stupidity of the KPI. 80% in one year? Are they all that stupid or is she that immature that she still believes in magic wands and fairies?

Does she not realise she has already been elected as PM?!?! These are the type of pre-election promises usually made in desperation to win votes!! If she can deliver this she should resign and go and do the same world wide!

just a thought?

how will anyone know if she succeeds or not?

how does one know how much product is in circulation?

hence how much is 80%?

its not like harvesting rice..........

It's easy to work out,Yingluck has already done it,

i.e pull a figure out of a Hat (80%) that can't be proven wrong,

Because nobody knows what 100% of the drug problem actually represents!

simple eh!

Edited by MAJIC

A few idiotic post here but what can one expect. I am still amazed how Thai officials come up with these figures and time lines when anyone with a brain knows what they are trying to do would take years to accomplish. I know no brains and no idea about reality.

Hear, hear.

I'm as anti drugs as anyone, but as usual the rule of law must apply.

And 80% of what? To quote that number indicates that they have some how quantified the trade. Which of course they haven't. Political hot air and bullsh1t numbers as usual.

This oft talked about (in this thread) family who won the lottery and were executed for being suspected drug dealers. It reeks of urban myth. Does anyone have a link to where it was reported reliably?

The premier has appointed Deputy Premier Chalerm to head the centre for the administration of anti-narcotics operations.

Chalerm has got more appointments than the clap doctor after the navy has visited. Talk about a one man show.

I agree. He doesn't have time to give interviews. He's bussier than a one legged man in an as$ kicking contest.

I disagree with your premise that they got it "horribly wrong" last time.

How is getting it wrong at-least 50% of the time a success ? Too many innocent people were killed, without any chance to prove their innocence, setting targets for each province was too simplistic an approach.

And did they ever manage to hit any serious-dealers ???

Thy don't want to hit serious dealers because most of them are MP's, high ranking police officer, or some other government official.