Jet Ski Scam Pattaya When Will It Stop

saintofsilence

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another day...another scam....TIT

Shortly after 1800 hours a couple of Middle Eastern being ripped off at the main crime scene. In charge of negotiations our arm-tattooed fashion crook, today in yellow shirt, yesterday in red Ferrari shirt. We are watching you!

A bit further down 2 devastated young Koreans getting the treatment, also here a new Eastern face, lately hanging out with fashion boy, in charge of negotiations. They gave up their jobs in front of the tailor shops?

On another note. Local Indian has confirmed that this week all major Indian newspaper's editors (30+) have received full documentation about this. Some articles are popping up and hopefully some reporter teams will find their way here.

So much for today...

Another day...another scam....TIT

Shortly after 1800 hours a couple of Middle Eastern being ripped off at the main crime scene. In charge of negotiations our arm-tattooed fashion crook, today in yellow shirt, yesterday in red Ferrari shirt. We are watching you!

A bit further down 2 devastated young Koreans getting the treatment, also here a new Eastern face, lately hanging out with fashion boy, in charge of negotiations. They gave up their jobs in front of the tailor shops?

On another note. Local Indian has confirmed that this week all major Indian newspaper's editors (30+) have received full documentation about this. Some articles are popping up and hopefully some reporter teams will find their way here.

So much for today...

Just reading the Pattaya future facebook page very interesting and hard to understand why no action has been taken let's hope the newspapers check out the other forums and get all the info on the scam, one other forum has over 300 photo's of the scams in action but it is secret so i hope they can find it.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

The criminal gangs taking over the beach front are completely out of control.

I think its time the foreign embassies issues an alert on the happenings in Pattaya with the Police and organized crime.

They are being irresponsible if they don't and one of their citizens are robbed, assaulted, held captive or killed.

Another heated scam today with 2 Iranians who rented opposite Mike's. They were having to part of it trying to get off the beach as quick as possible and then the thugs almost pulled them over from behind. They demanded to go to the police station and to the best efforts of the scammers to stop them they keept walking toward it. Several people people were watching once they got on the side walk so they had to knock off the assault tactics. Half way to the police station the younger "Arab mediator" who's photo is above showed up. He also tried everything to keep them from continuing to the police station but was unsuccessful. At the police station they talked outside for quite a while and I did not stick around to see if they went inside or not or the result.

There appeared to be 2 other scams happening down the beach with Indian's but I did not have time to investigate.

The Nation June 11 2012

Whig said his clients complained about having trouble with local service operators, especially from criminal gangs in Pattaya. For instance, he said, tourists rent jet skis from local operators but end up paying large amounts for damage that they have allegedly made to the equipment. He said these jet-ski operators worked hand-in-hand with the tourist police. He also complained about illegal taxi drivers harassing tourists at Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Thailands-still-favoured-tourist-destination-30183900.html

a brief visit to the beach at 17 00 hrs and stumbled on 2 going down at the same time.

1st one opposite the baywatch diner which is right at the start of the beach. 3 indians in trouble. by the time i came back 15 mins later they were just handing over the cash, and who on hand to help things along, the "impartial" sikh old boy of course.

2 nd one a matter less than 40 ft away, group of arab/ lebanese or whatever. i followed 2 off the beach to their motorcy making sure i they were not being followed (others of the group were still on the beach being held as "security deposit") and told them it happens everyday. one said i know that's what i keep telling my mates but they don't listen.

outcome unknown, but time to leave the area !!

its probably been mentioned before,but everyone should send a link of this thread to their local top journalists back home.

the Western media does not even report about the thousands killed my muslims in south Thailand, so this may be ignored also.

that's my shift over, it's back to farangland.

now this is not a defence of the scammers but when pulling a scam it helps if the marks are themselves a bit greedy. a lot of bad rentals are pulled late in the day when the ski guys suddenly drop their rental prices to 300 bht instead of 5, 6, or 700 they were quoting earlier.

sniffing a bargain the punters dive in and get shafted when they get back to the beach.

it is the only explanation i can come up with to account for the relatively high number of late rentals.

thanks for the kind words.

it's pressing the flesh shall we say that draws me here, the rest is just a sideline after by chance i came across 3 norweigans getting done some time ago.

i'm now up to 87 events with pics.

Edited by striderman

I'v noticed that the Jet ski owner opposite Mike's shopping Mall Owner has a nice new top of the line pickup with red plates. Seems the scam is flourishing as ever before. From what most of the locals tell me, it seems the mayor will be re-elected. Unless the central gov. does something these thugs will continue with impunity.

Edited by marinediscoking

that's my shift over, it's back to farangland.

now this is not a defence of the scammers but when pulling a scam it helps if the marks are themselves a bit greedy. a lot of bad rentals are pulled late in the day when the ski guys suddenly drop their rental prices to 300 bht instead of 5, 6, or 700 they were quoting earlier.

sniffing a bargain the punters dive in and get shafted when they get back to the beach.

it is the only explanation i can come up with to account for the relatively high number of late rentals.

Safe journey strider.

Big accident yesterday evening, around 6pm in front of the steps at MSM. Two ski's big impact, did not see it but heard it and the shouting from the beach.

When I looked there where two ski's without riders one was rapidly sinking. Some Thais raced out plucked the riders from the water and resurrected the sinking ski.

When they made it to shore about 50yards to the right of the scammer steps, there was a lot of commotion 1 ski was completely smashed front and all down 1 side opened up, the other badly damaged front. One of the riders seemed to be in some pain and had a cut on his foot.

Heard some Thai saying 1 ski 1.5Million, I did not hang about, would be interesting to know the outcome though.

It will only stop when someone is killed.Even then it will start up again a couple of months or so after

That has already happenned a couple of deaths within months of each other and the operators continued .

http://www.pattayada...etski-accident/

http://www.pattayada...while-swimming/

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Big accident yesterday evening, around 6pm in front of the steps at MSM. Two ski's big impact, did not see it but heard it and the shouting from the beach.

When I looked there where two ski's without riders one was rapidly sinking. Some Thais raced out plucked the riders from the water and resurrected the sinking ski.

When they made it to shore about 50yards to the right of the scammer steps, there was a lot of commotion 1 ski was completely smashed front and all down 1 side opened up, the other badly damaged front. One of the riders seemed to be in some pain and had a cut on his foot.

Heard some Thai saying 1 ski 1.5Million, I did not hang about, would be interesting to know the outcome though.

So much for that insurance they were supposed to get.

But I'll tell you this much, if I totaled one and had to buy a new one, I'm taking the old one if for no other reason than to burn it in a field. They wouldn't get a new one and keep the old one. Choose one.

So much for that insurance they were supposed to get.

But I'll tell you this much, if I totaled one and had to buy a new one, I'm taking the old one if for no other reason than to burn it in a field. They wouldn't get a new one and keep the old one. Choose one.

In a civil case like this, can the tourist be legally be compelled to pay on the spot & forced to stay in country?

All these incidents are paid on the spot using threats, intimidation, violence and police collusion.

That should be a serious offense. No?

The police cannot compel anyone to pay on the spot to resolve a civil case even if they might suggest that to resolve an issue. The one claimed against can dispute things but the damages' claimant can make a police report that could compel the other party to appear in court at the next court session. A copy of passport is taken (but no confiscation of passport) and leaving the country is stopped until court's decision to award any damages to claimant but then any non settlement of awarded damages after that can bring more grief and potential jail. It is not uncommon for the cases to get dismissed when the jet ski operators fail to turn up in court. But this is a big claim and no way was that settled on the beach in cash in my view.