Electric Shower Heater

thaibeachlovers

Ouch! but probably less relevant to a shower where the stream is usually broken into droplets, remember MythBusters pissing on the 3rd rail?

Forgot to add the 'stream' part to my post, but yes less likely. ;)

That said, most important to ground the shower and ensure an RCD is protecting the circuit.

100% agree with this. How many times have we seen shower deaths on Thaivisa topics? :ermm: Not trying to be an alarmist, but it had me rechecking my shower system.

Ouch! but probably less relevant to a shower where the stream is usually broken into droplets, remember MythBusters pissing on the 3rd rail?

Forgot to add the 'stream' part to my post, but yes less likely. ;)

That said, most important to ground the shower and ensure an RCD is protecting the circuit.

100% agree with this. How many times have we seen shower deaths on Thaivisa topics? :ermm: Not trying to be an alarmist, but it had me rechecking my shower system.

Yep most electric faults you may get away with but with water and electric mix standing on a wet floor starkers bye bye.

Many a time I have had a cold shower in some places I've stayed after a quick look at the way the electrical shower is installed. :blink:

Anyone with an electrical heated shower not taking notice of this :-

( Crossy )That said, most important to ground the shower and ensure an RCD is protecting the circuit.

Has got to be crazy.:crazy:

Edited by Kwasaki

I was holding the meter so I know it happened!!Don't know if it was Amps or Volts he measured but it was less than 1 of them.Edit: Formatting

Exactly!

You know something happened, unfortunately you don't know what he measured or whether the results were satisfactory. TBH I doubt your sparks knows either, not that that's anything unusual :(

If you had results you could put them here for those who know what they're on about (and those who don't) to interpret for you.

As a start, where did he have his end of the test probes?

Assuming the man had the lid off, did you notice whether there was a ground connection?

There was definitely a ground connection.

One test probe was on the ground connection, didn't notice where the other was.

I should mention that the sparks is a Brit expat with 50+ years experience in petrochem and power plant electrical installations.