Thaksin Calls In To 'Instruct' Thai Cabinet

webfact

There is just one thing some of you guys and the Nation are forgetting..........

If you insist Thaksin is pulling strings........and this government actually performs and delivers in the eyes of the voters.......

I guess you are making sure one guy gets all the credit.......

smart......real smart......

You know, it is quite possible to give somebody credit, where due, and yet not be in denial about that same person's wrong-doings. It doesn't matter how much good this government does, and how much of that good is down to Thaksin;.the fact remains, he is a criminal that has run away from punishment, and the only thing that changes that fact, is coming back and accepting the punishment.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

However, there is no doubt in my mind that Thaksin was indeed instructing Peua Thai, as some might argue is his place to do so as owner of Peua Thai.

No law-abiding citizen would argue that it is his place because owner of Puea Thai or not, he is banned from politics, is he not? Does that mean absolutely nothing? Perhaps it does, judging by the fact that PTP campaigned with him as a frontman - Thaksin thinks, Puea Thai acts - and the EC took no action against that.

Unfortunately, rixalex, I believe it does mean absolutely nothing. Of course, you can say the same about the likes of Banharn and Newin too, and not just in the last election.

I'm afraid that it looks like the Law is perceived to be an obstacle to be gotten around, not an obstacle to prevent wrongdoing. Which is probably why we see such claims as the police moderating organised illegal industries.

This is not a good headline from The Nation, and just fuels those that put it down as a biased news source.

Yinglak clearly stated that he didn't "instruct" anything. This is quite probably <deleted>, but such an absolute headline with nothing in the content to back it up doesn't help at all. Could this be the first case of use of the libel Law to silence media critics a-la-TRT?

However, there is no doubt in my mind that Thaksin was indeed instructing Peua Thai, as some might argue is his place to do so as owner of Peua Thai. Still though, we've recently heard that the vast majority of Peua Thai supporters want the opposition (and, to a lesser extent, the government) to stop going on about Thaksin - but why would they since his deification is ostensibly Peua Thai's highest priority (after they told, and continue to tell, everyone the exact opposite)?

These were exactly my thoughts as I tried to find evidence of 'instruction' in the article.

The unfortunate mix of 1) The Nation's bias and 2) The use of The Nation articles to begin practically all threads in the TV News forum is directly responsible for turning these pages into the internet's ghetto for anti-PTP farang sentiment.

A playground for those with pre-existing anti-PTP views and those that have been persuaded by the inevitable strength of feeling shown here, it is a tough place to promote balanced argument and informed opinion without getting accused of being one side or the other's lackey. Still, it's a challenge that appeals to open minds and masochists alike. And if you're an open minded masochist, have at 'em I say!!!!!

Edited by hanuman1

These were exactly my thoughts as I tried to find evidence of 'instruction' in the article.

The unfortunate mix of 1) The Nation's bias and 2) The use of The Nation articles to begin practically all threads in the TV News forum is directly responsible for turning these pages into the internet's ghetto for anti-PTP farang sentiment.

A playground for those with pre-existing anti-PTP views and those that have been persuaded by the inevitable strength of feeling shown here, it is a tough place to promote balanced argument and informed opinion without getting accused of being one side or the other's lackey. Still, it's a challenge that appeals to open minds and masochists alike. And if you're an open minded masochist, have at 'em I say!!!!!

There is no evidence of instructions being given, and as such i agree it should not be used in the title for the sake of supposed professional journalism, but really, does anyone actual doubt that he did give instructions of one sort or another? I don't really think so.

There is no evidence of instructions being given, and as such i agree it should not be used in the title for the sake of supposed professional journalism, but really, does anyone actual doubt that he did give instructions of one sort or another? I don't really think so.

One can only doubt - or not - that Thaksin gave instruction if one speculates on what took place in the meeting.

So in time-honored TV tradition - here's my bit of speculation. I reckon Thaksin would have spoken in general terms about what would be 'good to do'. That's it. I speculate that he didn't tell specific people to do specific things in specific ways.

Now, when Thaksin speaks in general terms, whether or not those listening try to follow up on his words is their business. But whether they do or they don't has no bearing on whether or not Thaksin was 'instructing' them.

In other words, Thaksin cannot be said to be instructing them a) if they didn't follow up on his words, and B) if he didn't get specific enough to make his thoughts appear to be instruction.

What it still boils down to though, is another biased, rabble-rousing headline form the Nation.

This is not a good headline from The Nation, and just fuels those that put it down as a biased news source.

Yinglak clearly stated that he didn't "instruct" anything. This is quite probably <deleted>, but such an absolute headline with nothing in the content to back it up doesn't help at all. Could this be the first case of use of the libel Law to silence media critics a-la-TRT?

However, there is no doubt in my mind that Thaksin was indeed instructing Peua Thai, as some might argue is his place to do so as owner of Peua Thai. Still though, we've recently heard that the vast majority of Peua Thai supporters want the opposition (and, to a lesser extent, the government) to stop going on about Thaksin - but why would they since his deification is ostensibly Peua Thai's highest priority (after they told, and continue to tell, everyone the exact opposite)?

There is quite a lot of detail of the instructions Thaksin gave in other media.

In that case Khun Siripon, would you be good enough to educate me as to what was said and, if possible, in which media? I must say that I am ignorant in this case as to what was reported elsewhere.

One can only doubt - or not - that Thaksin gave instruction if one speculates on what took place in the meeting.

So in time-honored TV tradition - here's my bit of speculation. I reckon Thaksin would have spoken in general terms about what would be 'good to do'. That's it. I speculate that he didn't tell specific people to do specific things in specific ways.

Now, when Thaksin speaks in general terms, whether or not those listening try to follow up on his words is their business. But whether they do or they don't has no bearing on whether or not Thaksin was 'instructing' them.

In other words, Thaksin cannot be said to be instructing them a) if they didn't follow up on his words, and B) if he didn't get specific enough to make his thoughts appear to be instruction.

What it still boils down to though, is another biased, rabble-rousing headline form the Nation.

I think what it boils down to is another Nation story being discredited by certain people, not for its content, which barring semantics most would imagine to be fairly accurate, but because of the source.

For some, a politically motivated conviction automatically equates to an unfair one, no matter the details, just as a negative Puea Thai story in The Nation automatically equates to an unfair one, no matter the details.

In that case Khun Siripon, would you be good enough to educate me as to what was said and, if possible, in which media? I must say that I am ignorant in this case as to what was reported elsewhere.

I believe The Nation is not the only newspaper published in Thailand.

Dont forget right now there is a clash over the military reshuffle list bascially over a defence secretary position which is the only one the government want to chose and the reshuffle list hasnt gone forward as yet. It is uite likely a time of high tension and concern over that matter and Thaksin will want to make sure the government are pushing things forward as hard as they can to keep the people onside, while those that oppose Thaksin will doing all they can to discredit the government. That all means massive propaganda pushes. The power struggle continues.

It would be interesting to see how Matichon/Thai Rath and Khao Sod are reporting it as they are not exactly in the anti-Thaksinista alliance right now, but news about Thaksin is big and if as reported elsewhere Im sure they would run the line too. Not had chance to check yet

It would be interesting to see how Matichon/Thai Rath and Khao Sod are reporting it as they are not exactly in the anti-Thaksinista alliance right now, but news about Thaksin is big and if as reported elsewhere Im sure they would run the line too. Not had chance to check yet

Neither have I... my question to Siripon was genuine, for that reason!

edit - nothing other than referencing The Nation on an English-language Google search, I'm not near a newsagent at the moment, and no news on Thai TV right now... hence my ignorance.

Edited by Pi Sek

The matichon report on it seems to be similar but more newsy, amusing and less outraged. Of course everyone knows it is Thaksins government and party, but how it is viewed tends to depend on whether you are in the love/hate or sick of it all group

Edited by hammered

And a lot of speculation and assumption on your part also!

Of course, in their desperation, the opposition will push this barrow. After their record, what else can they say ! If i remember correctly, whenever i saw a pic of Suthep and the PM together, Suthep was always whispering into his ear.................who really, was the boss there ?

I myself was also thinking, of phoning-in to the next full-Cabinet meeting, so that I can spend an hour reminding them to serve the people, and congratulating them on their limited-progress to-date.

Will I too be able to do this, OK I'm a farang, but then so is Thaksin nowadays. ? <_<:rolleyes:

"Limited progress"....................OMG mate, they have only been in for a bloody dogwatch.............what sort of government were you used to where you come from. Get real!

Of course, in their desperation, the opposition will push this barrow. After their record, what else can they say ! If i remember correctly, whenever i saw a pic of Suthep and the PM together, Suthep was always whispering into his ear.................who really, was the boss there ?

It's a barrow you are clearly only to happy to push when it comes to Suthep.

I myself was also thinking, of phoning-in to the next full-Cabinet meeting, so that I can spend an hour reminding them to serve the people, and congratulating them on their limited-progress to-date.

Will I too be able to do this, OK I'm a farang, but then so is Thaksin nowadays. ? <_<:rolleyes:

"Limited progress"....................OMG mate, they have only been in for a bloody dogwatch.............what sort of government were you used to where you come from. Get real!

Funny how some reds shifted from complaining about how the Dems are always so slow to get anything done, to, "steady on people, these things take time".

Edited by rixalex

The matichon report on it seems to be similar but more newsy, amusing and less outraged. Of course everyone knows it is Thaksins government and party, but how it is viewed tends to depend on whether you are in the love/hate or sick of it all group

I'm having trouble finding it on matichon online (I hate the navigation on that site!). I presume you aren't able to post the link, but would you be good enough to PM it to me?

I'm off to get some lunch - maybe I'll get a newspaper at the same time.

So if elder brother calls for more than 1 hour using Skype and thus the internet, they must have a decent service provider.

I wonder who supplies the internet to the government meeting room.

Would the ISP most likely be shaking in their pants and praying that the call wont drop, while elder brother is on Skype ?

Or does elder brother get same treatment as me, when I call my ISP and complain about (lack of) service.

AIS of course, and/or possibly satellite via Lox Info.

He may have sold the companies but he no doubt has left

his players in key positions to ensure good playback of his every word.

Thaksin doesn't whisper and neither do we have to discuss the 'boss' question. If we are talking of 'barrows', Thaksin thinks of the PTP as his 'barrow boys' and so far they don't disappoint.

In another thread someone wondered why have a cabinet meeting at PTP headquaters now you know why.This guy just cannot stay out of the spot light and keep his mouth shut.

Not to mention Thaksin owns and built the building of PTP headquarters. He can trust that the place has no bugs and a nice electronically secure faraday cage to prevent electronic eves-dropping.

Of course the Skype A / V signal would be encoded with proprietary digital scrambling devices in and out. So only the actual words in the two rooms need be blocked from external scrutiny.

No one can find out exactly what is being planned except the boss and select cronies.

Edited by animatic

Woo,

I have never seen this anywhere. A criminal runs the countryfrom abroad. It is like the mob boss runs his organization from the Jail

It is not that uncommon, especially here in the LOS. The Mobil phones, drugs and continued business of those incarcerated, is even acknowledged by the powers that be.

He is not in jail, and his acceptance into the real mafia may be questionable, but he does have a system/organization in place that seems to be working.

As one of the people who pays for these people to run Thailand via our taxes, I am outraged.

Either....they have a convicted fugitive telling them how to run the country = INSANE

or

They are wasting OUR time they should be using to run the country on niceties and party political matters in a GOVERNMENT meeting = F&*KING STUPID AND INCOMPETENT

it's either they are insane or they are f&*king stupid.

Which one?

As one of the people who pays for these people to run Thailand via our taxes, I am outraged.

Either....they have a convicted fugitive telling them how to run the country = INSANE

or

They are wasting OUR time they should be using to run the country on niceties and party political matters in a GOVERNMENT meeting = F&*KING STUPID AND INCOMPETENT

it's either they are insane or they are f&*king stupid.

Which one?

I hear ya Steve loud and clear, but it's Friday afternoon man. Chill.