Pm Yingluck Shinawatra Takes An Oath Against Corruption

Lite Beer

I know for a fact that corruption was reduced in the Customs and Revenue dept during his time; importers no longer have to pay tea money and corporations have to pay full taxes instead of reduce rates

Funny then, that we ourselves had the opposite-experience, when we shipped our container of personal-belongings into Thailand in 2005, "during his time", and did still have to pay some 'tea-money' to the Customs ? Or do you mean "no longer have to pay tea money" currently, as a result of changes-in-attitude, brought about by subsequent administrations ? I personally doubt it will ever be totally eliminated in a department notorious for it ! :(

Whatever, it is a good thing, to have a PM who (also like former-PM Abhisit) speaks out against corruption, instead of the one several years ago, who seemed to accept it as being OK. Now if only that message is reinforced, with court-cases & name-and-shame against all offenders, in future. Actions speak louder than words !

And perhaps some older-cases, currently held awaiting the appearance of the alleged-offender in court, will be able to proceed under the new government ? I would hope so, but suspect these cases will somehow be made to disappear, instead. B)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About as mildly amusing as when Abhisit said he wouldnt tolerate corrupt ministers and then as they all fell over laughing did. Corruption is a reality in Thailand. Polticians have to say these funny things but know things wont change

Edited by hammered

we all have seen her brother did something against corruption before, and we all remember how it end up. well.. i shouldn't say "we all remember"!!

sorry i forgot it is thailand. people here remember nothing but only the color of money.

anyway i didn't know thai PM was a commandant! "Shinawatra Takes An Oath Against Corruption" this joke definitely kill.