Proposed New Laws In Eu

skybluestu

How ridiculous. No modifications, not even tyres!

http://www.motorcycl...s-off-our-bikes

http://www.bbc.co.uk...humber-15054057

And it seems you aren't even allowed to demonstrate in 'Great' Britain these days!!!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/General-news/2011/September/sep2611-police-target-demo/

Edited by skybluestu

Rules like this will even influence the motorcycle business in Thailand, or the rest of the world. No alternative motorcycle tires will mean that tire companies like Pirelli will sell lot less tires, less tires sold mean less research less production ….etc...etc... (of course Pirelli will not be the only company effected...)

in the UK we have a nice mix of rapists ,child molesters ,drug dealers ,murderers ,hooligans ,organised criminals ,,bank robbers ,joyriders ,council estates ,anti-social no-go areas ,riots in the streets .........................and they want to waste the already stretched police time and resources checking for K+N airfilters and non standard motorcycle tyres ...........:whistling:

i really shudder to think what will they think of next .....?:D

If that tire restriction law goes through, that would be the dumbest bunch of BS I've heard of in motorcycling history.

I can understand restricting full slicks on a street bike, but stopping people from buying better traction is just stupid.

People will be crashing and dying a lot more, and certain bikes will be blacklisted once word spreads that a certain tire led to injuries.

It would not only hurt tire companies but the bike manufacturers as well.

It's such a stupid idea, I have a hard time thinking it will become law in other countries.

If that happened in the US, society would file a class action lawsuit and sue the government for recklessly endangering lives.

If that tire restriction law goes through, that would be the dumbest bunch of BS I've heard of in motorcycling history.

I can understand restricting full slicks on a street bike, but stopping people from buying better traction is just stupid.

People will be crashing and dying a lot more, and certain bikes will be blacklisted once word spreads that a certain tire led to injuries.

It would not only hurt tire companies but the bike manufacturers as well.

It's such a stupid idea, I have a hard time thinking it will become law in other countries.

If that happened in the US, society would file a class action lawsuit and sue the government for recklessly endangering lives.

I was unaware that such law suits would be heard in U. S. courts. However, tire restriction seems foolish - and might not be enshrined in law?

Rest of it introduces an inconvenient truth about pollution to motor bikers. Simply raises the costs of speed by preventing disabling of designs complying with earlier rules regarding production. If i want more speed, I have to move up to a bigger stock bike.

Efficiency no longer means more hp/torque for the baht/Euro/quid, but less fuel burn and lower pollution. Buying a bigger bike costs money; so do all solutions to global warming.

(I realize here that 'I'm just a drop in the bucket' denial about global warming is the very motto of this Forum, but throw out this notion because it is raining a lot and I cannot ride my unmodified bike.)

By and large, Europe is more sensible than anywhere else, though it regulates more in order to be so. There really are no other options than to change our ways of doing many things. Because it is fun and my preference does not make it right in the context of us all.

Edited by CMX

theres a young gentlemen in my area that has an absolutely deafening exhaust on his 100cc piece of shit on wheels (worst one ive ever heard ) ,i personally wouldnt object to anyone driving such a vehicle to be taken out with a sniper rifle ........but TIT so nobody complains when he drives past and annoys the hell outta them