CIA Torture Chamber At Bangkok's Former Don Muang International Airport?

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting to know, why he thinks he was held at don muang.

but it's probable, because DM is an airforce airport and used to be shared by the civil aviation

Others were allegedly tortured at the pleasure of American interrogators at Utapao which is also a military airport.

Why would the CIA have reason to torture an upright citizen like Abdel Hakim Belhaj, a suspected terrorist and former member of the Taliban?

Of course he's mistaken Thailand would never give permission to torture someone in an effort to ensure something like 911 doesn't happen again.

Anyone know a cure for a tongue stuck in a cheek :jap:

Yes stuck in aThai immigration line for an hour with a plane load of Russians and Indians trying to push in ...That sure is torture!!

Well at least it was Don Muang.

Just imagine the torture it would have been if he had had to handle arriving and departing from Survanabhumi.

interesting to know, why he thinks he was held at don muang.

but it's probable, because DM is an airforce airport and used to be shared by the civil aviation

Others were allegedly tortured at the pleasure of American interrogators at Utapao which is also a military airport.

And the US Armed forces have a continual presence there for logisitics.

Why would the CIA have reason to torture an upright citizen like Abdel Hakim Belhaj, a suspected terrorist and former member of the Taliban?

Of course he's mistaken Thailand would never give permission to torture someone in an effort to ensure something like 911 doesn't happen again.

Anyone know a cure for a tongue stuck in a cheek :jap:

911, 911, 911. You can use that crap to justify all atrocities carried out by the US from here till the end of time. you reap what you sew my intellectually challenged friend.

Just imagine the torture it would have been if he had had to handle arriving and departing from Survanabhumi.

What makes you think Survanabhumi doesn't have similar facilities?

It does, it's just called the Thailand Elite Lounge. :bah:

It was widely reported several years ago that there was a large CIA secret jail in the north of Udon Thani province.

as the US built the roads and military installations around there it would not be surprising

hopefully they can toss arisman and jatupron in there then, and then ask them to confirm it.

Over time I have built a list of who not to trust.

It starts out with:

Dictators and their cronies.

Terrorists and their cronies.

Politicians and their cronies.

Undocumented press generators and their sources.

And the list moves on from there.

As this thread includes all of the above it rates about a zero on my list of real concerns.

But I guess it gives us something to talk about. B)

One of the reasons why Thailand is as prosperous (regionally speaking) as it is, is because it knows when to play ball. When the U.S. says jump it says "how high, sir?" this has always been true especially during the post-colonial era when Thailand aided in a number of wars and allowed military bases. Even with the whole Victor Bout thing notice how fast it got resolved once the president got on the horn with the P.M. On the exterior Thailand likes to present itself as this independent almighty vanguard nation that was never colonized but it knows who pays the bills and pulls the strings in the region (U.S.A.) and knows who to not piss off.

I believe several other Libyans were 'well hung' also.

What isn't in the report, is there were also complaints placed regarding torture using some of the following specific Thai techniques:

- depriving suspects of warm conditions in transportation, via torture using ultra chilled airconditioning WITHOUT a blanket, and then forcing the suspect to wear a cardigan but THE RIGHT WAY AROUND

- mental torture using children standing outside a taxi stuck at the lights, consistently nodding and offering flowers, and then nodding, and then not smiling and nodding again

- insisting on making all food served extremely bland, and refusing to add chillies, claiming "kaek kao kin aharn pet mai pen"

- prefacing every sentence during the interrogation with 'hey you, farang, you you'

- making the suspect walk outside in the bright sunshine, but not providing the requisite A4 sheet of paper to shield themselves from the sun, and thus making them 'mai sabai'

- refusing to provide access to Smooth E whitening facial wash

- providing a toilet with the squirty gun...but no where to hang clothing and a completely wet and dirty floor....and no soap

- double pricing at the crocodile farm

And the most advanced technique:

- In the room with Chalerm's son, who used the advanced looking sideways and taking glasses on and off David Caruso techniques, with careful question phrasing and statement making such as "When I ask how are you" (takes off glasses) "you better have not washed your hair properly using my happy toiletries" (puts on glasses and looks sideways) "or you are mai mee how"

It was a brutal experience.

what about overstay?

One of the reasons why Thailand is as prosperous (regionally speaking) as it is, is because it knows when to play ball. When the U.S. says jump it says "how high, sir?" this has always been true especially during the post-colonial era when Thailand aided in a number of wars and allowed military bases. Even with the whole Victor Bout thing notice how fast it got resolved once the president got on the horn with the P.M. On the exterior Thailand likes to present itself as this independent almighty vanguard nation that was never colonized but it knows who pays the bills and pulls the strings in the region (U.S.A.) and knows who to not piss off.

simply speaking

pay the bill not get trouble

like living here does

i wonder when whe get the first pm conflict with us

if she is true in her campain more would come out of this backdoor policys

No, in Survanabhumi you're just arrested for supposedly shop lifting from the King Duty Free shops and held in a small hotel room on the outskirts of the airport until your family can wire enough money to bribe your way out. Not torture per-se but certainly kidnapping and extortion.

In all fairness, a handful of those people accused of shop lifting did so but many more did not, nor were there any video evidence to prove that they did, yet they were held as captives without any sort of due process until they could bribe their way out.

Amazing... er... Miracle Thailand.

Also, what's with all the Russians getting arrested in Patts lately for shoplifting? A Thai girl friend of mine even had a Russian lady steal the phone out of her bag as she tried one shoes at an Adidas store. The thief was on holiday with her husband and children.

What kind of human garbage goes on holiday with their family and risks imprisonment by stealing a bit of food from a 7-11 or a phone worth 3,000 Baht from a Thai girl's purse?

"Belhaj was detained by the CIA in Thailand in 2004 following an MI6 tip-off, allegedly tortured, then flown to Tripoli, where he says he suffered years of abuse in one of Muammar Gaddafi's prisons," the Guardian reported.

I find the above quote from Belhaj somewhat strange. We are all well aware of what happened to the enemies of Gadaffi as the finding of a mass grave a couple of days ago shows us oh so plainly.

Yes I see no reason that Don Muang could have been a site for a covert detention and interrogation centre as it was in fact a military base first and foremost.

"MI6 had been able to tell the CIA of his whereabouts, after his associates informed British diplomats in Malaysia that he wished to claim asylum in the UK.

Now according to reports Belhaj wants to claim political asylum in the U.K. when it appears he is on the winning side in the Libyan conflict.

One is led to believe that that venerable bastion of the British press, 'The Guardian," has been sold a pup

it does say "He wished", maybe now he does not want to seek Asylum.

Now according to reports Belhaj wants to claim political asylum in the U.K. when it appears he is on the winning side in the Libyan conflict.

One is led to believe that that venerable bastion of the British press, 'The Guardian," has been sold a pup .

He wanted asylum in 2004. Today in 2011 he is on the winning side in Libya. In 2004 the Brits handed him over to Gadafi who imprisoned him and probably tortured him some more. He was a "terrorist" in 2004 when the Brits wanted to be pals with Gadafi, now he is a "freedom fighter".

It has to some extent been controlled by US influence since the end of WWII, when the US did not punish Thailand for being on the Axis side so they could extend their sphere of influence here, taking over from the British, who were formerly much more influential over Thai affairs.

It was colonisation by any other name until the early 90's here.

Why would he want amnesty if he's on the winning side? This statement cracks me up.. "Thai officials in this Buddhist-majority Southeast Asian country." What the heck difference does being in a "Buddhist-majority" country have to do with anything. Was this supposed to mean that Thai's wouldn't ever concieve of doing something like this because they are a "Buddhist-majority" country. Give me a break.

Let me take a sip a Leo here and get with the program

One problem with your grand theories, why did Thaksin 2nd the China suggestion post 9/11 - I think they made it on the 13th about taking the whole thing to the UN ? The US said nothing but Bush was 'irate' according to documented sources?

Oh wait this might mean youa actually have to read some recent history - and you guys have problesm with that, natch. carry on

It has to some extent been controlled by US influence since the end of WWII, when the US did not punish Thailand for being on the Axis side so they could extend their sphere of influence here, taking over from the British, who were formerly much more influential over Thai affairs.

Of course the Thai diplomat in Washington DC, refused to deliver the declaration of war by thailand and asked for asylum, as did a number of other diplomatic and military. I would say the Northern Thai army group Generals that assumed control tossing out Pridi (the USA guy) palyed the US far better than the USA played them

Any comments Oberkammando

ok back to the Leo

Why doesn't this surprise me?

When one can bomb his own cities to convince the public that war is necessary, why not bribe outside countries to allow them to torture in their airports?

After all USA have poured billions of dollars in Thailand, mainly as high profile bribes, since before the Vietnam war, so they kind of bought their right to do anything they want...

so...

I'm not surprised... actually I'd have been surprised if somebody had said that "CIA didn't have torture rooms in Thailand"...

so that's no real news is it?

No, not news, but VERY funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: