Big Price Difference!

drake

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way its same quality, I find Burger King much better :)

and from imported beef.

Burger King has the same prices all over Phuket, rather high prices

Mc Donalds has Thai prices in town and Tesco Lotus. Rest of Phuket high prices, close to Burger King.

so buying the same meal in Patong, difference is less

KFC Central more expensive than KFC BigC and Tesco Lotus, few hundre meters away

I made the mistake of going to KFC here once.... No idea what I got, but it was pretty awful :lol:!

Haven't tried either McD or Burger King yet, but expect I'll get round to it.

In the UK I agree that Burger King beefburgers were far better than McDs' - whereas the chocolate milk shake at McDs was far better than that of Burger Kings.

when burger king opened in central their prices were much lower than they are now. they raised them a few weeks or maybe month or two after opening. maybe they noticed they did not get enough customers... :ermm::blink:

soon every store at central festival raise there price, very few people today at 2-4...

How can you guys eat that stuff, perhaps once every six months for the sake of nostalgia and maybe to remind you of one of the reasons you moved to Thailand in the first place, outstanding quality food at inexpensive prices - so many better alternatives.

In my opinion Burger King offer a better quality burger. I always buy from burger King and am happy to pay the higher price for a better burger.

So thought I until found out with observation over regular visits that they used their bare hands when they put my toppings and bread on the burger! That`s simply not good enough and tells me their training is on level with the rest of the fast-food chains, i.e. next to nothing.

How can you guys eat that stuff, perhaps once every six months for the sake of nostalgia and maybe to remind you of one of the reasons you moved to Thailand in the first place, outstanding quality food at inexpensive prices - so many better alternatives.

Every one to their own.

Personally, I find the (curry type) food sold at markets inedible - all heat that drowns out any possible flavour!

I used to enjoy some of the Thai food available at a local place (advertised as MSG free - what the hell goes in normally that this is a quality worth advertising!), but she found a foreigner so closed down :(.

The rice and chicken/pork meals sold in Phuket Town (to Thais generally) are v nice once a week or so. Other than that, I still prefer Western food. V unfortunate as its so bloody expensive!

Every one to their own.

Personally, I find the (curry type) food sold at markets inedible - all heat that drowns out any possible flavour!

I used to enjoy some of the Thai food available at a local place (advertised as MSG free - what the hell goes in normally that this is a quality worth advertising!), but she found a foreigner so closed down :(.

The rice and chicken/pork meals sold in Phuket Town (to Thais generally) are v nice once a week or so. Other than that, I still prefer Western food. V unfortunate as its so bloody expensive!

Have to say that since I've been in the North, the food options have increased dramatically, I now happily eat Thai food more than 75% of the time. By contrast the Thai food generally available in Phuket seems of lesser quality and certainly is way more expensive.

Have to say that since I've been in the North, the food options have increased dramatically, I now happily eat Thai food more than 75% of the time. By contrast the Thai food generally available in Phuket seems of lesser quality and certainly is way more expensive.

EVERYTHING on Phuket is more expensive, but that's not my gripe. The 'curries' sold in markets are still v cheap and obviously they have a market or they would go out of business.

To my taste though, they are inedible as they are all heat and no flavour. Nowadays I stock up on Indian curries in Phuket Town (patronised by Indians) and freeze them - cheap and delicious.

EVERYTHING on Phuket is more expensive, but that's not my gripe. The 'curries' sold in markets are still v cheap and obviously they have a market or they would go out of business.

To my taste though, they are inedible as they are all heat and no flavour. Nowadays I stock up on Indian curries in Phuket Town (patronised by Indians) and freeze them - cheap and delicious.

I dont want to eat Thai food 75% of the time. As a tourist a decade ago I did. I also dont want to eat food from my homecountry 75% of the time.

The beauty of living in Phuket is the huge variety of food from all over the world, and I can symply pick what I fancy :P

as for prices, I disagree. Most prices in Phuket out of the tourist tracks, are on par with the rest of the country.

Fuel, electricity, 7/11, Tesco, beer, cars, motocy, all prices same all over the country

I dont want to eat Thai food 75% of the time. As a tourist a decade ago I did. I also dont want to eat food from my homecountry 75% of the time.

The beauty of living in Phuket is the huge variety of food from all over the world, and I can symply pick what I fancy :P

as for prices, I disagree. Most prices in Phuket out of the tourist tracks, are on par with the rest of the country.

Fuel, electricity, 7/11, Tesco, beer, cars, motocy, all prices same all over the country

Perhaps you're right, but when I was looking for a car (second hand) I found them more expensive than those available in Bangkok!

Rents are definitely more expensive here than pretty much anywhere other than Bangkok.

Clothing/furniture etc. are all more expensive here.

But I'll take your word for it that everything else is the same price as everywhere else in the country.

All I know is that my eating out bill has halved since I moved back up to Chiang Mai and we eat out almost three times as much as when we lived in Phuket, the quality of the food is way way higher here with a significantly greater choice of (Thai) restaurants to chose from, really nice ones too and not just local food stalls. I now eat Thai food 75% of the time out of choice.

All I know is that my eating out bill has halved since I moved back up to Chiang Mai and we eat out almost three times as much as when we lived in Phuket, the quality of the food is way way higher here with a significantly greater choice of (Thai) restaurants to chose from, really nice ones too and not just local food stalls. I now eat Thai food 75% of the time out of choice.

I moved to Phuket from Chiang Mai last year and it's definitely more expensive here. Not sure it's double, and as is often said on here, you can reduce the impact by avoiding the tourist areas. However the variety and quality of food available seems to me to be at least as good. And the sea food is freshrolleyes.gif

I suppose the cost of living on an Island with nice beaches is going to be higher than average any where, not just Thailand.

cr

in bangkok my gf would often go buy food at the stalls on sukhumvit 101 and bring them back home.. i didnt mind that much

in phuket i dread every thai food day.