Cmu Tuition Fee

nivram4491

My son just told me that the Chiang Mai University does not have any Engineering courses or they are extremely limited.

He said that the main University for Engineering courses in Chiang Mai, is at the North Chiang Mai University in Hang Dong, but has no idea what are the fees.

Here is the website link:

http://www.northcm.ac.th/web/10ncu/

My son just told me that the Chiang Mai University does not have any Engineering courses or they are extremely limited.

:blink:

Being that I work at CMU and have worked with the Electrical Engineering department as consultant, he is certainly wrong. Several Engineering departments and we are talking about large facilities and well equipped. I also interview for hire computer/electrical engineers and most are from CMU.

I can only surmise he is confusing it with a different school.

//edit - the 9k figure per semester is an average and dependent on the area of study. Engineering is in the higher end at up to 20k/semester.

CMU has a whole engineering faculty.

CMU engineering

They have civil eng. computer eng, mechanical eng, mineral & petroleum eng, environmental eng etc

I very much doubt the North Uni is better than CMU. From what I see, most students CMU is first choice unless they go to BKK or abroad.

Isn't North Chiang Mai University that one that's south of Chiang Mai? :blink:

:blink:

Being that I work at CMU and have worked with the Electrical Engineering department as consultant, he is certainly wrong. Several Engineering departments and we are talking about large facilities and well equipped. I also interview for hire computer/electrical engineers and most are from CMU.

I can only surmise he is confusing it with a different school.

//edit - the 9k figure per semester is an average and dependent on the area of study. Engineering is in the higher end at up to 20k/semester.

Thanks for the correction, I wasn`t absolutely sure, but at least now the OP has 2 options to look into to.

CMU engineering

They have civil eng. computer eng, mechanical eng, mineral & petroleum eng, environmental eng etc

I very much doubt the North Uni is better than CMU. From what I see, most students CMU is first choice unless they go to BKK or abroad.

Isn't North Chiang Mai University that one that's south of Chiang Mai? :blink:

Just do not learn Geography from them.

CMU engineering

CM Uni also has a dedicated mining engineering program, and graduates from this program are highly sought after, as are graduates from all other CM Uni engineering programs.

We have three mining graduates in our company and they are first class, one has also completed his MBA at CM Uni Business School, the other two are just starting their MBA.

I very much doubt the suggestion that North CM has good engineering programs and or faculty. I have a distant Thai relative who started computer engineering at North CM, he gave up at the end of the first semester, says he was totally lost and most other students the same and of course no questions allowed. He then worked hard to find some additional funding so that he could transfer to CM Uni, and he's never looked back.

Additionally, I made contact with the North CM Business School about one year ago in regard to possibly offering them a company sponsorship, their overall attitude killed the conversation very quickly.

Edited by scorecard