Jomtien 2Nd Road And Soi 5

Jingthing

I also like the area, but the flood situation is unbelievable. The busiest part of the new second road and even in not the most torrential rain, floods in a way that you can't call it a swimming pool because nobody would swim in that filth, but it is appalling that it has been done so poorly from the start. I know someone will say TIT, but it should not be.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am awarding La Merenda a 2 thumbs up after my meal last evening.

Pasta Fagioli (bean/pasta soup) topped with an ample serving of parmesan cheese & served with some great Italian bread. One of the best meals I have ever had.

I mentioned to the chef what a delicious meal he had created and he smiled like a proud papa. Charming fellow.

This was my 4th or 5th visit and the place really grows on you.

The prices are so good here that I doubt he makes any profit. My guess he's a retired Italian chef that runs the place as a hobby.

There were 12 other diners there last nite and everything coming out of the kitchen looked delicious.

Service was smooth.

La Merenda, Italian on 2nd Road near Soi 7, Jomtien.

I kept forgetting La Merenda was there so after reading your post decided to give it a go last night Wow what a little hidden gem !. I loved the food I had.

The Spaghetti Carbonnara was to die for. Best I've had in years.. Hubby's Pasta Fagiol was so good as well.

Prices were very good under 1000bht for 2 courses each 1/2 caraffe wine and coffee. Will definately be back.

I also like the area, but the flood situation is unbelievable. The busiest part of the new second road and even in not the most torrential rain, floods in a way that you can't call it a swimming pool because nobody would swim in that filth, but it is appalling that it has been done so poorly from the start. I know someone will say TIT, but it should not be.

The problem is that the night market area is in a dip in the road, and there is apparently no culvert under the road to Soi 5, which of course is way downhill from 2nd Rd. However, if there was a culvert I dread to think what Immigration would be like when it rains.