New Dukes Burger Bar

Maejo Man

My bill came to 175 baht, and this doesn't sound right.
......Yes,do watch your bill (make it a habit),especially if the farang/thai girlie is working the cash. She tried to over change me twice.

Had a great dinner at Sahara on Nim, very good burger with fries and salad for 129baht and excellant German beer,but not cheap. Certainly will go back there.

Edited by HaleySabai

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone check what the 1/4 with cheese and a Chicago Hotdog cost? My bill came to 175 baht, and this doesn't sound right.

Wasn't there a menu that you could have checked it against at the time......... yourself?

Or check the one Dave2 posted previously:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/503353-new-dukes-burger-bar/page__view__findpost__p__4936196

Can someone check what the 1/4 with cheese and a Chicago Hotdog cost? My bill came to 175 baht, and this doesn't sound right.

Wasn't there a menu that you could have checked it against at the time......... yourself?

i'll check tomorrow

i'll check tomorrow

Doesn't sound right. Call the owner at 0884933303. Not sure why the shop doesn't have a phone number yet. As far as the mustard goes they do not regularly put ketchup or mustard on but they should put it togo. Mention it to Damoen.

Dave

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4936196

Well that settles it then, i was over charged 30 baht. 1/4 cheese 80 baht , chicago dog 65 baht = 145 baht

For some reason they kept on calling it a 'burger 99' in Thai. Anyway 99 + 65 still doesn't equal 175.

Price for me 175 baht, i dont appreciate this at all. Plus no fries or mustard. Not a happy camper.

Edited by KRS1

i'll check tomorrow

Doesn't sound right. Call the owner at 0884933303. Not sure why the shop doesn't have a phone number yet. As far as the mustard goes they do not regularly put ketchup or mustard on but they should put it togo. Mention it to Damoen.

Dave

There was ketchup and thai chili sauce packets. Are fries suppose to be included?

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4936196

Well that settles it then, i was over charged 30 baht. 1/4 cheese 80 baht , chicago dog 65 baht = 145 baht

For some reason they kept on calling it a 'burger 99' in Thai. Anyway 99 + 65 still doesn't equal 175.

Price for me 175 baht, i dont appreciate this at all. Plus no fries or mustard. Not a happy camper.

The 99 Baht burger with cheese is 120 odd @ the Duke's (after tax) so I guess that's what happened. It does include fries though so I guess it's in the same ballpark as the 1/4 pounder with cheese for 80.

This place is all new so I guess that explains it - maybe you can get a 30 baht gift certificate, I mean 30 Baht, that's like a whole dollar, it's an outrage... :P

Went there recently and ordered a breakfast sandwich - staff was puzzled until I showed them on the menu. The sandwich was really good though :)

i have been here 3 1/2 years and have really enjoyed all of Dukes food at all locations, i like to eat so it is sufficient in quantity and quality for the price. My own experience is that if i don't like a food establishment i quit going there to eat, simple as that. As many places as there is to eat in Chiang Mai I am sure you could find somewhere to satisfy your sensitive palate. David is a good guy and he runs a good restaurant business. Have a nice day.

The 99 Baht burger with cheese is 120 odd @ the Duke's (after tax) so I guess that's what happened. It does include fries though so I guess it's in the same ballpark as the 1/4 pounder with cheese for 80.

This place is all new so I guess that explains it - maybe you can get a 30 baht gift certificate, I mean 30 Baht, that's like a whole dollar, it's an outrage... tongue.png

Thats not the point Nikster, i think you know what it is.

The burger was good, but.....

When a fellow indicates that a new eatery made an error in his bill, he should not be chastised. It is a fact, if we are to believe the poster (and of course many of us have a sense of who's who).. There are many indications above that this start-up is not yet running entirely smoothly. On the other hand, it features some worthwhile chow. Simply indicates that in going there I should take a good mood and a willingness to work with the new people if I hope to eat there in the future. Smile a lot right back.

but you didn't read your bill at the cash but when home and stewed over a dollar, lol, get a life

What bill? They didn't give me any receipt. I just got back from a 6 hour ride, and was tired and certainly didn't expect that i would have to keep an eye on the cashier and have to add for him. (the older lead guy)

30 baht is enough for an entire meal at a Thai restaurant, i know the value of money and try not to fling it around unlike you sir.

Go luck with your Loco Elvis bar next door if you make a mistake on someones bill i hope you dont tell them to get a life "its only 30 baht"....

Edited by KRS1

but you didn't read your bill at the cash but when home and stewed over a dollar, lol, get a life

What bill? They didn't give me any receipt. I just got back from a 6 hour ride, and was tired and certainly didn't expect that i would have to keep an eye on the cashier and have to add for him. (the older lead guy)

30 baht is enough for an entire meal at a Thai restaurant, i know the value of money and try not to fling it around unlike you sir.

Go luck with your Loco Elvis bar next door if you make a mistake on someones bill i hope you dont tell them to get a life "its only 30 baht"....

mrmark2009 is not the owner of The Duke's American Burger or Loco Elvis, just a customer. I have to agree that customers should not be overcharged or short changed but accidents do happen, particularly in a new location with a lot of new staff and without 24/7 supervision. It still doesn't make up for it to appologize but send me a PM and I'll send you a gift certificate.

They are coming along. Not perfect but coming along.

Dave

For what its worth, I was undercharged.

Had given 140 Baht for my Burger and fries, waited for my 15 Baht back, nothing coming, checked my receipt, noticed it was wrong at 120 Baht instead of 125 Baht, tried to explain, staff thought I'd given 20 Baht tip, of a right caffuffle! Sorted it in the end.

Anyway, the burger wasn't enough to tempt me back. Not much of a burger lover anyway. Good fries mind.

mrmark2009 is not the owner of The Duke's American Burger or Loco Elvis, just a customer. I have to agree that customers should not be overcharged or short changed but accidents do happen, particularly in a new location with a lot of new staff and without 24/7 supervision. It still doesn't make up for it to appologize but send me a PM and I'll send you a gift certificate.

They are coming along. Not perfect but coming along.

Dave

Thank you very much for the offer, but im not looking for any compensation. I'm going undercover and will let you know via PM if it happens again. smile.png

Just one question, are they required to give a receipt ?

Edited by KRS1

• 4 weeks later...

As soon as I heard that Dukes was on Moon Muang, I immediately went and tried it. Several times.

Since then, I've read the whole thread and learnt it's a franchise. It all makes sense. It was good, but not as good as Sephan Lek location. I'll go back there.

"farrang food I usually turn to the Red Lion to fill my hole though this dukes burger bar is fast become a bit of a favourite."

3 mistakes in here; may I advise not to mix up the languages; its screws around with one's intelligence.

"farrang food I usually turn to the Red Lion to fill my hole though this dukes burger bar is fast become a bit of a favourite."

3 mistakes in here; may I advise not to mix up the languages; its screws around with one's intelligence.

Probably an English teacher.

I agree that Dukes is quite good.

• Like 1

Probably an English teacher.

I agree that Dukes is quite good.

555 She definately acts like one!

Although not the cheapest, the Dukes does represent good quality food. I can appriciate this must be difficult to maintain in a francise. As I said before, hopefully this will sort out over time as I know David is very passionate about his product and has worked hard to build the Dukes name up.