Removing The Singha Belly : Running/Jogging

Yaroon

It is time to get back in shape a bit. I don't feel like going to a gym as i don't care if i become some muscular stud. Don't like threatmills mills either (don't even know how to spell it :P ) Just running outside is easier and on top of that, its free,

Im living in Phuket town, not really the ideal place to run around. I've been thinking to drive to the nearest beach ( i guess Patong ) and just run up and down over there. Problem is that the beach could be packed with people when the weather is nice and dodging people all the times doesn't really contribute to a peaceful run.

What options are there when living in Phuket Town? Which places have a minimum of people most time of the day and are fairly near? Perhaps some experienced joggers can advice me some nice quiet area :)

"I don't feel like going to a gym as i don't care if i become some muscular stud"

your right! chances of this happening are zero unless you work like a dog 4 hours a day for the next 3 years :D

what about swimming? just a thought..

The park with the TV antennas at the top of the hill near the prison

Cycling or running up Radar hill is certainly a workout. Then there is a free gym at the top...

Actually even walking is a workout...couple of places to stop for beer on the way up too.

Come to Nai Harn Beach and jog around the lagoon. Really nice setting, tons of parking at the wat there.

Side benefits: Yesterday as a car went by, had a lady hanging out the window waving a piece of paper at me from the backseat yelling "here is my phone number" !!!

Congratulations! That must have got your heart going laugh.gif

Moderators what about a “pinned topic” about where to run in Phuket, parks, beaches, roads, trails and tracks? Not to forget info about fun runs, mini marathons etc,.

Already a pinned events topic. We try to keep pinned topics to a minimum to save them taking over all the first page.

Probably the best all round walking/jogging venue is Kathu Reservoir next to Phuket Country Club. The road (a lane really) that goes around the reservoir is just over 5 kms, virtually no traffic there at all other than other people exercising, well shaded, and some good views.

For something a little more taxing, there's a couple of circuits you could do on Cape Panwa where traffic is very light.

Cycling is great exercise, and you keep cooler than when running (though you need good sun protection) so maybe invest in one?

Edited by pagallim

• 1 month later...

The path that circles the Kathu Cable Ski is exactly 1000m so ideal to pace your runs and gauge any improvement.

They also have a small bar to rehydrate. It's best to go in the late afternoon once the sun begins to fall.

For entertainment, you can watch the skiers falling off and trying to look cool.

The path that circles the Kathu Cable Ski is exactly 1000m so ideal to pace your runs and gauge any improvement.

They also have a small bar to rehydrate. It's best to go in the late afternoon once the sun begins to fall.

For entertainment, you can watch the skiers falling off and trying to look cool.

What kind of surface is it on that path?

Thanks.

Diet plays a huge role in "getting back into shape". With the right diet, lots of walking and very short weekly sprints will be a lot more effective. Also, the Singha belly can be removed by limiting Singha beer, and substituting with Leo or Tiger :-)

To all you keep fit experts if you dont fancy running what single piece of equipment would you buy to keep reasonable fit i dont have much space to put anything advice welcome

Swim briefs / jumping rope / stationary bike / rowing machine etc, if the goal also is too loose some weight quickly there are three tips that apply. Be patient, eat breakfast every day and many small meals throughout the day. Secondly, eat a little, protein rich meal before bedtime, like a shrimp or chicken salad, which will make your metabolism process going. Finally, go for a walk, swim or jog in the morning before breakfast, 30-45 minutes. After 2-3 weeks you will notice that it does something with your body.

• 2 weeks later...

For they of us who forgot the closing day of entries to the Ironman 70.3 Asia Pacific there are coming up a fun run on Sunday 4. December at Rajabhat University. Registration and more info from a tent set up outside the school on Saturday 3. December.

Enjoy!