Laptop Repair

taff33

I can't remember the place's name but the floor under California Wow, like 3rd floor in Airport plaza. My issue was I opened a bad email and my 4 month dell got a Virus and I left overnight in my leather case and they fixed for 300 baht....haven't had an issue with my Dell since. Any help out there from the people that know the name of the place here on Thai Visa? Krup

• 2 months later...

hi folks. am posting this to try to help an elderly german fellow ('Peter') who talked to me in the park today after he spotted me using my laptop.

Peter has lived in chiangmai for a few years but has had problems with his computer, internet access and email account. he would probably best be helped by someone offering a mobile service at his home. The other issue is that he had a strong german accent and I had trouble understanding him - let alone a thai.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a german-speaking computer repair person here in chiang mai? If you can suggest anyone then please post here or PM me and I will pass this info to peter. cheers. CMB

We, too, have had very good experience with Mr. Goodspeed in Pantip plaza for a couple of repairs. I think they also have a shop in Icon Square north of the old city.

I hope someone chimes in with info about in-home computer repair. I know there are people in town who do this, but they're much more expensive than bringing the computer into the shop yourself.

The OP may want to check with the geeks in the Computer Club. They're meeting right now, I think (Hubby goes to their meetings). Their grand poo-paa, esteemed leader, guy who answers their emails could make some recommendations. Just use Dr. Google with words like "chiang mai expats computer club" to get to links with the email address. I don't think we're allowed to post email addreses here.