True Cable Advertisements

matchett

I have a building pressure as I turn on all these movie channels with all the advertisements plastered

across the top of the screen. I am already paying True for there service and now they want to access us

to be a free form of advertising for them. Fox channels seem to be the worst . Plus, I can not look at the movie

without seeing their name plastered. I just turned Star Movies off because they had 4 ads across the whole

top of the screen.

Is there another cable company that anyone has and is happy with? I would appreciate any comments

or suggestions.

I have just relieved the pressure so I think I will read instead.

Thanks for replies,

J

A question about this...

I see these ads too, but I was thinking that it's because I'm currently watching the programming on a standard def TV, and most of the programming seems to be formatted for HDTV, i.e., it has those black bars at the top and along the bottom of the screen, and that they're simply trying to make use of what is otherwise unused "real estate".

Not that it isn't annoying, but I was hoping that once I upgraded to HDTV, the ads would go away. Is this the case? Or are they going to superimpose the ads over the HD content once I upgrade?

If the latter, I'll simply skip cable. TV mostly sucks these days anyway.

No other cable company unless you live within the reach of WeTV which is mainly city. And yes the adds still appear with 1080P hi-def televisions. I don't know if signing up for the HD broadcast with TrueVision will eliminate them though.

There are other threads on here about satellite TV with some people who really like that setup and those who do not. Personally, I read about too many problems with keeping the satellite equipment up to date and in working order. You also need a place to put the dish and the ability to program the thing when the codes change. Not to mention a great deal of patience.