Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday thaiflood.com pointed the WANG THONG LANG district (just south of Lardprao) to be "affected". Anybody can confirm this? Then this morning, on the news, reports suggested Lardprao was also being "affected".

I live on Larprao 71 and saw nothing this morning.

Am thinking about leaving my car at my office building tonight. But then, that's a bummer.

Depends on how much ya car cost compared to the hassle of getting a taxi... only you can decide. I think it's due to rain again this evening and tomorro, which will not help matters.

Good morning. I live on Phaholyothin Soi 37. I have just been to immigration on Chaengwattana via Phahoylothin Road, Bang Khen roundabout and Chaengwattana. Chaengwattana Soi 7, which the government complex is on, is absolutely bone dry at the moment. The nearer you get to the government complex, the more parked cars you see next to the road. It's become like a big car park. Few people working elsewhere in the big complex, so most of it is long-term parking through the duration of the flood this weekend.

The only water I saw was a little bit of localized flooding on the inbound side of Chaengwattana opposite the area near soi 5. This area is prone to flooding at the best of times, and doesn't indicate that flooding is about to hit the area around immigration.

I could not see any water from Lak Si Intersection or Bang Khen roundabout, so the water on both Phaholyothin and Vipavadi Rangsit still lies about a km north of those intersections, as of 9 a.m. this morning.

There is a little bit of water seeping out of drains close to Khlong Bang Bua, between the army base on Phaholyothin Road and Kasetsart. But the khlong did not appear to be overflowing at this time. Looked to be 10-20cm from overflowing. Full, but expectedly so. When the water eventually makes it past Bang Khen roundabout, there is a definite slope on Phaholyothin Road towards Kasetsart. Whether this will increase the flow into Chatuchak district remains to be seen. At the moment it still looks like it will be 1-2 days before any water might reach Major Ratchayothin.

Good morning. I live on Phaholyothin Soi 37. I have just been to immigration on Chaengwattana via Phahoylothin Road, Bang Khen roundabout and Chaengwattana. Chaengwattana Soi 7, which the government complex is on, is absolutely bone dry at the moment. The nearer you get to the government complex, the more parked cars you see next to the road. It's become like a big car park. Few people working elsewhere in the big complex, so most of it is long-term parking through the duration of the flood this weekend.

The only water I saw was a little bit of localized flooding on the inbound side of Chaengwattana opposite the area near soi 5. This area is prone to flooding at the best of times, and doesn't indicate that flooding is about to hit the area around immigration.

I could not see any water from Lak Si Intersection or Bang Khen roundabout, so the water on both Phaholyothin and Vipavadi Rangsit still lies about a km north of those intersections, as of 9 a.m. this morning.

There is a little bit of water seeping out of drains close to Khlong Bang Bua, between the army base on Phaholyothin Road and Kasetsart. But the khlong did not appear to be overflowing at this time. Looked to be 10-20cm from overflowing. Full, but expectedly so. When the water eventually makes it past Bang Khen roundabout, there is a definite slope on Phaholyothin Road towards Kasetsart. Whether this will increase the flow into Chatuchak district remains to be seen. At the moment it still looks like it will be 1-2 days before any water might reach Major Ratchayothin.

Thanks, appreciated.

The water just goes really slow. From my place to an other village 20 km (near Bang Khae) Took the water 5 days. It will come but slow and the more dykes there are the more pressure it will build up. But if you guys are lucky it wont coincide with high tide.

Yesterday thaiflood.com pointed the WANG THONG LANG district (just south of Lardprao) to be "affected". Anybody can confirm this? Then this morning, on the news, reports suggested Lardprao was also being "affected".

Am thinking about leaving my car at my office building tonight. But then, that's a bummer.

I live in Wang Thong Lang too and reckon if it's going to flood it will be from the Saen Saeb Canal as there really isn't any other body of water around here.

Been checking Saen Saeb daily and it's come up and down and now back up a little bit, but still far from overflowing-

October 14th:

post-56035-0-52202200-1319773016_thumb.j

October 19th:

post-56035-0-33925400-1319773262_thumb.j

October 25th:

post-56035-0-21437800-1319773665_thumb.j

October 27th:

post-56035-0-95935400-1319773543_thumb.j

The minute it looks like it's going to overflow we're outta here :jap:

Still dry at Viphawadhi Hospital

Can anyone tell me if the water on Viphavadi has reached Ngam Wong Wan intersection or Kasetsart University yet?

Ngam Wong Wan closed after the bridge over the main river going to Bang Bua Tong. Section from River to Viphavadi is clear and has never been flooded yet. Area next to river flooded obviously.

When the water eventually makes it past Bang Khen roundabout, there is a definite slope on Phaholyothin Road towards Kasetsart. Whether this will increase the flow into Chatuchak district remains to be seen. At the moment it still looks like it will be 1-2 days before any water might reach Major Ratchayothin.

Thank you Sunderland. Just to add a little Ramintra Road in front of Central Ramintra bone dry too

I live in Wang Thong Lang too and reckon if it's going to flood it will be from the Saen Saeb Canal as there really isn't any other body of water around here.

Been checking Saen Saeb daily and it's come up and down and now back up a little bit, but still far from overflowing-

October 14th:

post-56035-0-52202200-1319773016_thumb.j

October 19th:

post-56035-0-33925400-1319773262_thumb.j

October 25th:

post-56035-0-21437800-1319773665_thumb.j

October 27th:

post-56035-0-95935400-1319773543_thumb.j

The minute it looks like it's going to overflow we're outta here :jap:

and where you think it will overflow hear about some water in ramkamhange soi 65

Someone on here just said it is open and dry.

I think Richard Barrow's blog said the same thing this morning.

The complex is on slightly higher ground and appears to be dry.

I think you can do the visa thing 7 days before or after if it is retirement or other extension. Worth checking on the visa section here.

Frustrated at not finding enough science to validate news reports, I am doing it myself. In short, the satellite data at this time supports the pessimistic outlooks.

The thai flood dot com google map has changed this morning quite a bit, and shows several developments compared to the map four days ago (it does not update hourly or even daily concerning topographical data, and which I hope changes). We now have three water fields in play, a west, east and central field all creeping slowly south. The central water field is moving toward the Chao Praya in Bangkok. Because the land is not level, please bear in mind that all three fields are generalized, and should be pockmarked with areas that are not flooded, but I suspect that amount of data does not exist except on this forum (and five free beers at the Londoner for whoever started this thread, and I mean it)..

The western and eastern water fields only seem to be moving at 3-7 km per day. Here in Bangbon, if the current rate of flow remains steady, it means the western water field will hit this area sometime next week, mid to late week, and passing through Bang Khae a day or so earlier than my location. The western field is spreading out more quickly than the eastern field, perhaps showing much better drainage in the east. The central water field is expanding and spreading into central Bangkok , coming through Don Muang and is wedge-shaped, implying a much faster motion south than the east and west fields, which are spreading out as they meander southwards. A critical juncture will be when the central water field connects to the Chao Pray river in Bangkok proper, potentially further weakening flood walls in the western side of the river and creating a hammer and anvil situation for those living near the river so please leave if they hint you should or you could be stranded. The data is consistent with several news reports, being that the water will stay up to a month, that having held the water back will allow urban people time to evacuate, and that the water at various levels will be pervasive throughout the city.

I captured the image today, having been completely unprepared for conflicting information coming from key government sources during a crisis (live and learn) and will run a compare daily with before and after jpegs, and forward it with a brief precise to a senior member for posting in the morning starting tomorrow.

This map is from the group who walked out on FROC at the airport, ironically before FROC and the airport was flooded. It is in google maps, and although references are in French, the area tags are Thai-English transliterations (Tinglish) but still legible, and if you use google chrome as a browser it will give you a translate-to-english option after loading.

Sorry I cannot post a link here, but you can find it in this forum by searching for thaiflood.com map in the search box.

Best regards, and good luck to all.

If anybody is in the Soi Rambutri area near Khao San Road water is coming this morning. The area around the park on Thanon Na Phra That road is passable by truck as of about 10 AM but at the rate the water seems to be flowing on to that street it will not be later this afternoon or this evening. That area of course is very near the river and as such at a greater risk. Would not surprise me to see Soi Rambutri under water over the weekend.

Edited by YellowFeverCAD

Guys

I have to go to Chaeang Wattana to renew my retirement visa. Can one go??? assume its flooded. What do you do if you cannot renew your visa in time??

Unless something changed very-very recently, it (Chaeng Wattana from Vibhavade Rangist) isn't flooded.

Yep.

I live on suk 50, sawadee 4. Water now over the road, about 6 inches in parts.. can still ride motorcy, but steadily getting worse.

Just heard on Twitter that it is flooding on Sukhumvit 50. Can anyone confirm this? It was only one report, also putting Bang Jak on alert. Any news as in the centre and need to know if I should dash home.

TV news reported Sukhumit 50, 54 and 56 starting to flood.

Guys

I have to go to Chaeang Wattana to renew my retirement visa. Can one go??? assume its flooded. What do you do if you cannot renew your visa in time??

read all dry there so no problem to go

I went there 2 daze ago and all was dry...tho I went by way of Rt 1 as my normal drive along up Thanon Pracha Chuen I'm sure was flooded. Not only was there not a hint of water on Chaeang Wattana, but it was the speediest queue ev'a! Less than a half hour total for an extension. Be warned tho...only one copy/pic place opened and had a queue of a hour & a half, so get all your docs in order b4 you travel.

Someone on here just said it is open and dry.

I think Richard Barrow's blog said the same thing this morning.

The complex is on slightly higher ground and appears to be dry.

I think you can do the visa thing 7 days before or after if it is retirement or other extension. Worth checking on the visa section here.

You can renew a retirement visa one month before, but no waiver after the due date. I made the mistake of thinking one week after and got fined and passport stamped for overstay :)

Still dry at Viphawadhi Hospital

Can anyone tell me if the water on Viphavadi has reached Ngam Wong Wan intersection or Kasetsart University yet?

The news on Ch 7 showed that the flood on Phahon Yothin has moved from Big C Saphan Mai to Soi 48 (about halfway to Tesco Lotus)

(and five free beers at the Londoner for whoever started this thread, and I mean it)..

Agreed this thread has been very useful. Thanks to those that have been making reports, If and when I begin seeing water I will report it as well but right now my area around Big C on Ratchada soi Nathong is dry.

I seem to remember that when this thread was started it included a link to a crowd sourced Google map, or was that another thread? I still have the link to the map but it hasn't been updated in a while. Has it been given up on?

Thanks.