Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night i saw messages posted from the few people around Watcharaphol. I live in that area near the 5 way junction, but abandoned ship already one week ago as luckily I hve a condo downtown.

Any updates from the Watcharopholians would be greatly appreciated. Has the water arrived yet?

Good luck to all of you and especially my fellow Watcharapolians.

I rode out that way last night (Weds 26 Oct) at about 19.30). The main roads are clear but travelling on Sukhaphiban 5 road toward Sai Mai, not far from the entrance to the Chalong Rat expressway there is standing water in the fields to both sides and a couple small sois were flooded. It was too dark to see more than that.

Edited by travelboyuk

http://www.ismyhouseflooded.com/

Cannot vouch for accuracy, but the figures keep on moving so someone is updating the site.

http://hydrology.rid...cctvpakkhet.htm

This one shows the water height at pak ket Has been 3 meters average, sometimes 3.20. (takes some time to download)

http://203.150.230.27/FloodMap/

Flood map which is seems to be updated

Edited by Carib

I live in a village on Watcharapol closer to the end near 1 km from Pheom Sin Rd. It's in between Watcharapol 3 and Pheom Sin Rd. I drove my motorbike to the market yesterday evening and there was water over the road at Laddarom Village about 4 km from the 5 intersection. I am going to go out this morning to check the level again and I will reply after.

we are considering getting out of town before I am unable to drive my car out. My car is in the shop right now near the 5 intersection.

And there is no water in my village at the moment, but there is at the entrance gate to my village at Watcharapol.

Last night i saw messages posted from the few people around Watcharaphol. I live in that area near the 5 way junction, but abandoned ship already one week ago as luckily I hve a condo downtown.

Any updates from the Watcharopholians would be greatly appreciated. Has the water arrived yet?

From the 5 way up W Road to the next intersection, i just checked:

---some spillover at the first 'lake' on the right, about 1.5 kilometers in, the one they have put the corrugated tin up to hide...

---some water a couple kilometers in caused by overflow from the standing 'lakes'....in that area where all the restaurants are (you know, that Shweine German restaurant, etc).

---some water on the roads here and there where villages are draining their sewers

---water gets deep just past the gas station on the left (PTT?). Just yesterday I could drive up to the 7-11 on the left, across the street there is an old crone who makes great breakfast food. Today just an hour ago I got as far as the gas station and made a uturn, cars were barely making it through there, but they were getting by from the intersection, just risky. I would say water on the road after the gas station and after to the intersection is about 30-40 cm. deep.

---I live in the first village on the left past the 5way, on Watcharaphon. Still dry as a bone, the small canal on the other side of the wall at our village is normal level, about a meter to spare. they are not draining any water from the sewer, think it is fairly dry as well.

My conclusion is that so far, in places that it has been flooded since last Saturday/Sunday, it is much deeper and nearly impassable. However, it hasn't really spread South, except the spillage from the 'lakes'. I think a lot of the flooding problems up by the villages where the gas station and beyond has been caused by the villages draining out tons of water from their sewers. If they didn't do that quite so much I doubt it would be so bad (though I understand why they are doing it).

Any other Watcharapudnicks with updates?

Sidenote: The 'shortcut' to foodland (you guys know what I mean) still has that small flooded area on it, but it has not increased significantly. I'm still not ready to abandon my pirate ship, though everything is set to evacuate in 15 minutes' time if need be. I've given up on government and agency predictions....I figure my own eyes are the best way to judge. I will give an update about four hours from now, when I go out on my next regularly scheduled scout.

Roughly around

13°55'17.73"N

100°35'5.14"E

Pracha-uthit Road

in Si-Gan

I am on Chaing a Card Utit, which is directly effected by Klong Prap Pha, for the last few days the water had been going down, but I have just looked out of the window this morning and it appears to have risen by a couple of inches, though no where near as bad as it was on Sat or Sun. I would say that we are in about 5-6 inches here. The road that you mentioned is further up from and is near a T junction, I haven't passed there for two days, but I am surmising that it is affected by the aforementioned Klong as opposed to the Rangsit Klong, which is causing all the problems near the airport.

22.19 Water fastly overflows Klong 2 water gate in Sai Mai lockerz.com/s/150445809 (via @Kitti3Miti & @momtum ) #thaifloodeng

those living at south of Sai Mai and the Watcharapolians, my mo baan security just informed that water would come after midnight :-( they will close the gate of the mo baan with sandbag, if anyone considers to leave, RUN NOW.

it matches to the TV live update #171 quoted above, and I checked the road drain ( sewage drain ) water level just raised from -20cm below yesterday to -10cm below now.

let's prepare and good luck !!

Hi, did the water really come that much? It looks a bit more but not a lot more.....

Somebody told me there is a water barrier somewhere in Sai Mai....how is it holding up?

Thanks for the extensive update. I haven't gone out yet to see anything, but I will soon. If the Vista park and Laddarom villages are pumping water out on to the street, would that mean that they are lower than my village which is on the 7-11 side of the street? My village is pumping water, too, but they are pumping it into the canal, which happens to be on the other side of my backyard because I live on the perimeter of the village.

I am going do some last minute touch ups and silicone-future board the kitchen door, then we are going to pack our bags and wait. My wife is concerned that if we wait too long, our 1 year old may get sick, especially if we have to go to the flood victiim's chelter.

Are the roads passable to go to Kanchanaburi? That seems like a nice hilly place to relax. My wife heard on the news that Pattaya hotels are almost full.

From the 5 way up W Road to the next intersection, i just checked:

---some spillover at the first 'lake' on the right, about 1.5 kilometers in, the one they have put the corrugated tin up to hide...

---some water a couple kilometers in caused by overflow from the standing 'lakes'....in that area where all the restaurants are (you know, that Shweine German restaurant, etc).

---some water on the roads here and there where villages are draining their sewers

---water gets deep just past the gas station on the left (PTT?). Just yesterday I could drive up to the 7-11 on the left, across the street there is an old crone who makes great breakfast food. Today just an hour ago I got as far as the gas station and made a uturn, cars were barely making it through there, but they were getting by from the intersection, just risky. I would say water on the road after the gas station and after to the intersection is about 30-40 cm. deep.

---I live in the first village on the left past the 5way, on Watcharaphon. Still dry as a bone, the small canal on the other side of the wall at our village is normal level, about a meter to spare. they are not draining any water from the sewer, think it is fairly dry as well.

My conclusion is that so far, in places that it has been flooded since last Saturday/Sunday, it is much deeper and nearly impassable. However, it hasn't really spread South, except the spillage from the 'lakes'. I think a lot of the flooding problems up by the villages where the gas station and beyond has been caused by the villages draining out tons of water from their sewers. If they didn't do that quite so much I doubt it would be so bad (though I understand why they are doing it).

Any other Watcharapudnicks with updates?

Sidenote: The 'shortcut' to foodland (you guys know what I mean) still has that small flooded area on it, but it has not increased significantly. I'm still not ready to abandon my pirate ship, though everything is set to evacuate in 15 minutes' time if need be. I've given up on government and agency predictions....I figure my own eyes are the best way to judge. I will give an update about four hours from now, when I go out on my next regularly scheduled scout.

Thanks so much for the info. I live in Noble Geo Village which is on the smallest road off of the 5 way. As I said i left a week ago to stay in a condo downtown. It is now ironic to think there may be more water down here than there at home. LOL

I know the shortcut to Foodland well. That water has nothing to do with the floods I think. it is due to bad sewers.

Looking forward to your further updates.

Good luck to all!

Just checked and the water is higher than yesterday for sure. I don'[t think I would abe able to get out of my village on a motorbike. The water is up to the sand barrier of my village, and I live on the perimeter. tHe water is coming from the canal into my garden. I think it may be time to flee, after I silicone up some loose ends.

Just checked and the water is higher than yesterday for sure. I don'[t think I would abe able to get out of my village on a motorbike. The water is up to the sand barrier of my village, and I live on the perimeter. tHe water is coming from the canal into my garden. I think it may be time to flee, after I silicone up some loose ends.

Good luck!

Sounds like you are more thorough than me . I did some silicon but i fear not enouh. What shall be shall be I suppose.

All the best to you!

Still dry and sunny in Vipavadee 16 where I live. That's south of Central Lad prao and past the large Thai Air offices, heading to town.

If the water reaches me it is probably a good indication that it is on the way to the centre. Din Daeng is not far down the road. Saphan Kwai and Aree are almost lateral/parallel.

Eddy

I'm in mo baan Noble Geo, Ruam Mit Phatthana, Watcharapol, Raminthra

not flooded yet. sewage water raised from Tue -20cm below surface, Wed -10cm below, Thu 08.00h -8cm below. some sois in the mo baan, sewage water spilled out already, not serious yet.

the end section of Ruam Mit Phatthana ( 5-junction to the east ) still dry, but only few people in the morning market.

I'm going to take a bus or taxi up Phaholyothin and see just where the water is and photograph it.

Once it finally reaches the triple intersection, I'm guessing that there won't be more than a few inches of water, if even that, once you move away from V-R and P Y roads.

With so many people living near Central Lad Prao, it seems that one of us could manage to be on the skybridge between Union Mall and Central to get a video of the water as it arrives and post it.

I'll try and post a pic by noon today.

Any news from Suwinthawong/Rom Klao and Lat Krabang?

I've read that Rom Klao is closed from On ut to Kingkaew to make way for flood barrioers being erected ion traffic island (The Nation, yesterday). I think there is flooding in Lat Krabang itself but motorway unaffected (except maybe for parked cars). Airport so far OK.

Started flood from the sewers into my street. Just off the south side of Phutthamonthon Sai 3

Good luck, not to be an alarmist. But that was how it started at my place. If you havent prepared please do so. This is a sign that the water is coming.

Started flood from the sewers into my street. Just off the south side of Phutthamonthon Sai 3

Good luck, not to be an alarmist. But that was how it started at my place. If you havent prepared please do so. This is a sign that the water is coming.

Thanks rob. I'm much better prepared because you took the time to post your experiences on this board. Many thanks. But I think my flooding eventually will be higher than yours. You've done great service to the board by posting information and photos.

Need to travel from central Bangkok to Nakhon Nayok on Thursday. Does anybody know which route is clear eg. what is condition of Lamlukka road or am I better going via Chachongsao?

I've been mapping this out intently as I need to get my niece to Prachinburi. To my understanding the only safe right is via Chachengsao. It is possible there are some side roads/detours that would let you through around Lamlukka but I wouldn't chance it.

Thanks rob. I'm much better prepared because you took the time to post your experiences on this board. Many thanks. But I think my flooding eventually will be higher than yours. You've done great service to the board by posting information and photos.

You are on the same side (area) as me. I see this water as a newly forming river. As long as it wont meet any dykes it wont get too deep. Its just slowly flowing from one place to the other because the waterways are full. So it creates its own path. I am pretty sure this water that moved from me towards you. We are about 20km apart. So the water moves slowly like maybe 5km a day max (assumption here). But if thats true then there is a long stream of water moving and it will take long to go away because it has nowhere to go efficiently.

You are on the same side (area) as me. I see this water as a newly forming river. As long as it wont meet any dykes it wont get too deep. Its just slowly flowing from one place to the other because the waterways are full. So it creates its own path. I am pretty sure this water that moved from me towards you. We are about 20km apart. So the water moves slowly like maybe 5km a day max (assumption here). But if thats true then there is a long stream of water moving and it will take long to go away because it has nowhere to go efficiently.

I've actually been expecting this for about two or three days now. The housekeeper has thought it would be here every night since Sunday. So, as far as I'm concerned, I've already had more dry days than I expected. A bonus. There is a T-intersection and the water is pooling the most at the top of the T. Three guesses as to just who lives at the top of the T.

My SIL lives in Wang Thong Lang. She just got 80 bags of sand delivered at B70 a bag. Normal price is B30, I guess. Some of these guys are making a killing.

They were asking 120 baht today in our area , we got them for 80 Baht in the end because we took a truckload.there's not many left

Just bought near Bang Kapi two days ago, and they were charging 30 baht, and had a lot left.

But it might be too far to travel for sand...

Where in Bangkapi? 5.28am and still dry on Krungthep Kreetha, Bangkapi

We bought ours around here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=13.734633,100.689139&hl=en&sll=13.734674,100.69253&sspn=0.01384,0.022724&vpsrc=0&t=m&z=17

They run out often, but get new stock all the time. One shop charges 35 and another 30.

I've actually been expecting this for about two or three days now. The housekeeper has thought it would be here every night since Sunday. So, as far as I'm concerned, I've already had more dry days than I expected. A bonus. There is a T-intersection and the water is pooling the most at the top of the T. Three guesses as to just who lives at the top of the T.

Wish i had been expecting it b4. At first it was not clear how massive this was thanks to the information available. I would have done a few things different then. If i knew this id probably have moved to a safer location.

We are still thinking of moving out finding some location in cha am or so that takes dogs. Only problem is leaving this place.

This post is a bit off topic, but I headed out of bkk yesterday after bagging up the refer & moving other stuff upstairs. We went via:Petchasam to321 to 340 to 3032 to 32. it took over 12 hours to reach Sukhothai. the route and detours were clearly marked with large white signs with red letters. the signs were in Thai only. sorry for the format, postingfrom my phone.