Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

How are things around Watcharaphon Tom? Bang Khen has been told to ecavuate. Are you still at home? If you are can you do me a huge favour? Please go down Ruam Mit Phatthana and have a look at Noble Geo Village which is on the left just pass the small canal that crosses the road..

The management sent us an sms saying village is flooded but didn't say by how much.

Best of luck to you.

runoff water around Raminthra is heading to the east aggressively.

yesterday afternoon Watcharapol 5-yaek is about 20cm+ water ( saw on TV news ). mo baan Noble Geo blocks out the street water by sandbag, yet inside mo baan still flood from the drain 10-20cm+, soi 4 is deeper :-( maintaince guys are pumping water out.

as of yesterday afternoon ( before the evacuation advice ), less than 50% people stay.

friend of mine will go back to Watcharapol, if he could go through.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some (mildly) positive news. Two days in a row the water has dropped in Bang Yai / Bang Bua Thong area. Each day with a whopping 1,5 cm. It will take a long time before stuff is dry but at least its progress. This after say rising for 5 days stable for 5-6 days and now 2 days of dropping a bit.

Mind you its far from dry

Hello.

I note from a few posts above that the prediction for Lad Prao is flooding in a few days from now.

My home is in Sutthisan, Intamara 41.

At the moment I am in Sukhothai with my 8 mont plus pregnant wife . I am in a dilemma as to whether to come back to Bangkok in the next five days, to ensure my wife has a good standard of medical care, as the baby could be coming any time soon.

Ladprao not being too far away from Sutthisan the chances are quite high that if Ladprao floods so will Sutthisan, eventually. What are your thoughts on this?

At least my wife is free from any potential flooding here. I have to return for work on the 15th, and ideally do not want to leave my wife alone to have the baby.

Anybody any thoughts??

updated Tide Charts Bangkok, Thailand

13.4333° N, 100.6000° E (about 10 km south of the the mouth of the Chao Phraya River ) ASL(average sea level)

http://www.pattayadivers.com/xtide-world-index/

Wed,2011-11-02 02:32 ICT 0.79 meters Low Tide

Wed,2011-11-02 06:11 ICT Sunrise

Wed,2011-11-02 10:37 ICT 3.52 meters High Tide

Wed,2011-11-02 16:22 ICT 2.84 meters Low Tide

Wed,2011-11-02 17:50 ICT Sunset

Wed,2011-11-02 19:05 ICT 2.93 meters High Tide

Wed,2011-11-02 23:38 ICT First Quarter

Thu,2011-11-03 03:14 ICT 1.13 meters Low Tide

Thu,2011-11-03 06:12 ICT Sunrise

Thu,2011-11-03 11:36 ICT 3.35 meters High Tide

Thu,2011-11-03 17:49 ICT Sunset

Hello.

I note from a few posts above that the prediction for Lad Prao is flooding in a few days from now.

At the moment I am in Sukhothai with my 8 mont plus pregnant wife . I am in a dilemma as to whether to come back to Bangkok in the next five days, to ensure my wife has a good standard of medical care, as the baby could be coming any time soon.

Ladprao not being too far away from Sutthisan the chances are quite high that if Ladprao floods so will Sutthisan, eventually. What are your thoughts on this?

At least my wife is free from any potential flooding here. I have to return for work on the 15th, and ideally do not want to leave my wife alone to have the baby.

Anybody any thoughts??

first, congratulation ! you made your decision already 'I have to return for work on the 15th, and ideally do not want to leave my wife alone to have the baby'

there are plenty of hospitals in the 'inner Bangkok' and they should be alright with 'minor' flood. later you move higher the risk.

good luck !

Hello.

Anybody any thoughts??

Its anny boddy's guess but you can monitor progress of water coming from the north at following map

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

i follow this map now for several days and its pritty accurate they updated 2 or 3 times a day .

Phetkasem from Rapprapruek to the Mall Bangk Khae is a parking lot. Water is pooling along the route and is about 50 cm deep now close to the Mall.

I decided that discretion was the better part of valor and turned back home at Kachanapisek. I got home with 3 inches of water inside my car.

Am sorry but most hospitals in Bangkok have already closed there doors to anything but emergency treatment so it is not a good time to come here for better medical facilities in my opinion. In a few days it might be safer but for now I would not be returning if upcountry.

Hello.

Anybody any thoughts??

Its anny boddy's guess but you can monitor progress of water coming from the north at following map

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

i follow this map now for several days and its pritty accurate they updated 2 or 3 times a day .

------------------------

:lol:

Don't wait too long.

I am on Ladprakhao road soi 42 and we are just NOW seeing the first signs of water seeping up through the drains and sewers.

If you're leaving...it's time to do it NOW I believe

Time: 10:30 a.m. 2 November 2011.

:blink:

Am sorry but most hospitals in Bangkok have already closed there doors to anything but emergency treatment so it is not a good time to come here for better medical facilities in my opinion. In a few days it might be safer but for now I would not be returning if upcountry.

I think some hospitals already closed for OUT-PATIENT services.

indeed, check individual hospitals for in-patient admission, especially the maternity ward.

Edited by ETatBKK

How are things around Watcharaphon Tom? Bang Khen has been told to ecavuate. Are you still at home? If you are can you do me a huge favour? Please go down Ruam Mit Phatthana and have a look at Noble Geo Village which is on the left just pass the small canal that crosses the road..

The management sent us an sms saying village is flooded but didn't say by how much.

Best of luck to you.

runoff water around Raminthra is heading to the east aggressively.

yesterday afternoon Watcharapol 5-yaek is about 20cm+ water ( saw on TV news ). mo baan Noble Geo blocks out the street water by sandbag, yet inside mo baan still flood from the drain 10-20cm+, soi 4 is deeper :-( maintaince guys are pumping water out.

as of yesterday afternoon ( before the evacuation advice ), less than 50% people stay.

friend of mine will go back to Watcharapol, if he could go through.

Thanks for the information. Please post info if your friend gets through.

I think some hospitals already closed for OUT-PATIENT services.

indeed, check individual hospitals for in-patient admission, especially the maternity ward.

I recommend checking Vejthani Hospital on Lad Phrao soi 111. Close to Mall Bangkapi. You should be able to get there.

Edited by EvilDrSomkid

So far the Central Ladprao area is still dry but my colleagues told me it is coming closer day by day.

Just got an SMS from a friend, The water is approaching Rachadapisek and Chevron who has offices at SCB Plaza (near the Elephant building) are sending their employees home.

Phetkasem from Rapprapruek to the Mall Bangk Khae is a parking lot. Water is pooling along the route and is about 50 cm deep now close to the Mall.

I decided that discretion was the better part of valor and turned back home at Kachanapisek. I got home with 3 inches of water inside my car.

How is Phetchkasem from the mall bangkae to phutthamonthon sai 2?

I just came from Phahon Yothin Soi 32 (Soi Sena Nikhom 1).

Approaching, the sign at the entrance to the saphan now warns of floodwater 40 cm deep at the other end.

The water has still not crossed Soi Sena.

The water is now on both sides of Phahon Yothin.

It has reached Soi 32/1 on one side and Soi 37 on the other.

The Phahon Yothin MRT station is open, but they've raised the flood barrier on one side.

www3 thaipbs or th/flood54/

Insert a . after www3 and before and after or to restore the link to PBS

post-32175-0-04277000-1320208442_thumb.j

post-32175-0-74086800-1320208444_thumb.j

post-32175-0-74961800-1320208445_thumb.j

post-32175-0-04571300-1320208447_thumb.j

post-32175-0-48224700-1320208448_thumb.j

post-32175-0-94953500-1320208449_thumb.j

post-32175-0-36734200-1320208451_thumb.j

post-32175-0-68427100-1320208452_thumb.j

post-32175-0-75553700-1320208978_thumb.j

Bangkok Tide Charts

http://www.pattayadi...ok-tide-charts/

this one is acurate little more cause the 1 given in thailand live is not working times are all wrong

Thanks for posting this.

Can you explain what the levels take as reference point? I see high tides going over 3m. 3m above what?

Average sea level? Is ASL 0m?

think will be the ASL but not know for sure at what point, as i read it would be at the mouth of the Chao Phraya River

HD2011H.xls

Tide levels and times in the attached excel spreadsheet are for the Royal Thai Navy Headquarters on the river. Levels are above minimum water level. It looks like subtracting 1.1 M from these levels gives above MSL.

:rolleyes:

For everyone reading this topic.

I'm here in Lad Prao...Ladprakhao Road soi 42.

We've been dry here for at least a week while others were flooded not that far away.

About an hour ago we had our first water slowly seeping out of the drains in this area.

Now that seems to have stopped and what water there was on the roads seems to be drying up.

I'm still worried about high tide times today and tyommorow however.

It looks like today and tomorrow may be the crunch times however.

Last word I heard from my Thai family was maybe 30cm in this soi.

Our soi is probably 20cm higher than other areas nearby...so just do the math.

Not trying to panic anyone...just stating the facts as I see them now.

My recommendation for anyons in Lad Prao area is to at very least have bags packed and be ready to keave on a moments notice.

In fact, if you can, lock up your house, and go somewhere else now.

:whistling:

P.S. Also a definite smell of stagnant water coming from the drains right now.

Time: noon 12:00 on 12 November 2011

Edited by IMA_FARANG

:rolleyes:

For everyone reading this topic.

I'm here in Lad Prao...Ladprakhao Road soi 42.

We've been dry here for at least a week while others were flooded not that far away.

About an hour ago we had our first water slowly seeping out of the drains in this area.

Now that seems to have stopped and what water there was on the roads seems to be drying up.

I'm still worried about high tide times today and tyommorow however.

It looks like today and tomorrow may be the crunch times however.

Last word I heard from my Thai family was maybe 30cm in this soi.

Our soi is probably 20cm higher than other areas nearby...so just do the math.

Not trying to panic anyone...just stating the facts as I see them now.

My recommendation for anyons in Lad Prao area is to at very least have bags packed and be ready to keave on a moments notice.

In fact, if you can, lock up your house, and go somewhere else now.

:whistling:

P.S. Also a definite smell of stagnant water coming from the drains right now.

Time: noon 12:00 on 12 November 2011

I've been following this for Chao Praya levels. It's updated every 5min or so. Todays not too bad. Currently 2.29

Just at Wat Samian area at Viphawadi. Nothing coming down the main highway but the khlongs (storm ditches) on either side of the road are just starting to over flow into the highway. Also khlongs in the inner sois starting to flood into the streets. Nothing more then a few cm but it's starting.

Water is making it's slow approach as it has been.

Bangkok Tide Charts

http://www.pattayadi...ok-tide-charts/

this one is acurate little more cause the 1 given in thailand live is not working times are all wrong

Thanks for posting this.

Can you explain what the levels take as reference point? I see high tides going over 3m. 3m above what?

Average sea level? Is ASL 0m?

think will be the ASL but not know for sure at what point, as i read it would be at the mouth of the Chao Phraya River

HD2011H.xls

Tide levels and times in the attached excel spreadsheet are for the Royal Thai Navy Headquarters on the river. Levels are above minimum water level. It looks like subtracting 1.1 M from these levels gives above MSL.

your right its msl minimum sea level but not think is substracting from these they slightly different

updated charts http://www.pattayadivers.com/xtide-world-index/

How is Phetchkasem from the mall bangkae to phutthamonthon sai 2?

Completely underwater. The north side is deeper than the south, but the water is flowing quickly from one side to the other. I barely got off Phetkasem, and many cars had to be pushed to higher ground then parked while waiting to dry out.

One car actually burned to a crisp under the Kachanapisek bridge over Phetkasem. It looked kind of odd sitting there burned up while sitting in the water.

If the Phetkasem is flooded, then we are stuck in Ban Pong. Cannot go back to Khu Bon safely, nor do my 90 day report on time. Guess I will have to just pay the fine when I can report.

According to reports, the water is heading for Rama II quick, so that route will be cut off soon.

Hello.

Anybody any thoughts??

why not go to Chiang Mai not as good as Bangkok but probably better than Sukhothai You might find a problem getting a hotel though the place is swarming with Bangkok people I hear

If the Phetkasem is flooded, then we are stuck in Ban Pong. Cannot go back to Khu Bon safely, nor do my 90 day report on time. Guess I will have to just pay the fine when I can report.

According to reports, the water is heading for Rama II quick, so that route will be cut off soon.

GM Ban Pong

post-120659-0-37998600-1320216159_thumb.

Thanks. It's a good animated map for surrounding areas near bangkok, but any map for the whole of Thailand? From start to beginning.

Or is there a google earth link or site that I could collect the data and create one. Thank you very much for replying.

Hello.

Anybody any thoughts??

No airline will let your wife fly if she is 8 months pregnant (and they will ask for a medical certificate to check). I agree Chiang Mai may be the only practical option.

you can do the 90 day report at any immigration office.. the one at wat rai king is still open and accessible... but personally i would just explain where you were.