The Baht Vs $

Did drink my coffee and tried to read in the ground... and did see nothing...

Did look into my crystal ball and saw nothing but fog....

What do you think will happen to greece and the European currency? What will the Chinese do about the American import tax penalties? What will happen to Thailand after the flooding?

You can guess yourself.... it's as good as anybody's guess...

It has been below 30 this year so it's up to you. Depends how much you're talking about - perhaps send half now and wait and see for the rest. You need to figure out if the costs of 2 transfers make that worthwhile if you get a better rate later.

It's at a relative high looking over the past year, but It's been upto 31 as well. You're not playing the currencies, so the real question is do you need the money here? If so, how much? Unless you are about to buy a car or property, its no rush. Just bring over enough to hold you over and wait for the US market to turn around.

Madame Bangbang sees and knows all.

Cross her palm with silver magic beans, dearie, and she will reveal the future.

The mist is clearing, clearing .......

Over the next month the USD/THB rate will go up .... or down .... or stay exactly the same. Check back in 30 days to see which it was.

The mist returns ..............................

:jap:

Over the next month the USD/THB rate will go up .... or down .... or stay exactly the same. Check back in 30 days to see which it was.

Great Advice! Now I know that I will definitely, probably, absolutely, maybe, hopefully, potentially, for sure possibly transfer some money. :lol:

It is nice to see the rate above 30. Keep it up!

If I knew the answer I'd be a very rich currency trader. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer. And neither does anyone else. Toss a coin - heads = buy now, tails = wait.

what if... :huh:

2601576-a-3d-symbolic-gold-coin-standing-vertically-on-a-reflective-surface.jpg

LOL. It means the Thai government decided to fix the currency to the $US, so from now on it won't move up or down.

Personally I transfer USD in now. So looking at my historical record of wires in, it makes sense to wait.... ;)

In the long run I believe that Asian currencies are still well undervalued. The THB will follow the Chinese Yuan and slowly strengthen accordingly towards most Western currencies.

Again; above is my beliefs wherefore it makes sense to do the exact opposite!

Cheers!

All this reminds me of a story I heard many years ago.

Back around the turn of the last century, J P Morgan, the banker, was at a social event when another guest thought he would get some advice about the stock market. He approached Morgan and asked, "What will the stock market do, Mr. Morgan?"

Morgan's answer was a classic. He said, "It will fluctuate, sir, it will fluctuate!"

What can be truer of any financial market?

[

Great Advice! Now I know that I will definitely, probably, absolutely, maybe, hopefully, potentially, for sure possibly transfer some money. :lol:

It is nice to see the rate above 30. Keep it up!

I transfered 10k 10 days ago and got 30.90 it is trending down. I figure anything over 30 is good. It will likely be lower tomorrow.

None can answer but I will say this....

If you live & have expenses in Thailand...

It would seem silly not to have a couple years of funds in THB

Agree with you, but one would be very suprised how fast a couple years go by and then a couple more.

I started when the baht was pegged at the 25:1$, saw it go the the 56 + and then a couple years went by, and a couple more, and voila!!! .... here we are

None can answer but I will say this....

If you live & have expenses in Thailand...

It would seem silly not to have a couple years of funds in THB

naked truth: those who held after 1997 always THB funds to cover expenses for a couple of years (or more) were winnners. those draw from ATMs and moan about fees are losers.

but to be fair... not everybody can afford to hold THB in advance for an extended period of time. i am referring to those who depend on monthly pensions transferred from their home countries.

The country is sinking, or maybe better put, looks like its going under and yet the baht is getting stronger.

Any logical reason or just the normal greed manipulation ???

it's all greed manipulation. but it can't go on. anytime from now the Baht will crash and land in the abyss! dozens of experts who forecasted that in a dozen Thaivisa threads (since five years) can't be wrong.

:whistling: