Friend Wants To Have Exhibition

An artist friend of mine wants to come here briefly as a tourist for a week or so in January, bring some artwork, and put it in a gallery. Assuming this actually happens, will he be legal IF:

a) he doesn't sell anything (the most likely case in any exhibition), or

:o he *does* sell something?

Yes, I know he can probably get away with it no matter what, but being his friend I want to let him know all the risks he may run. Can someone help me out with the legalities here?

"Steven"

If he shipped the art to the gallery outside Thailand. This would not be work in Thailand. The gallery is selling it on his behalf. As long as he did not talk up the art at the gallery he would not be working either.

However if he brought art to the gallery himself. He then would be selling and would need to complete a TorThor 11 at the Department of Employment (DoE) in Bangkok.

After reporting at the DoE or the employment office, your friend will be presented with a certificate stating that he is complying with the rules.

Your friend should bring his passport and a copy of it, a letter from the gallery being visited.

If an officer checks and finds that your friend has not filled out the TorThor 11, he as the offender will be fined or jailed or both, depending on the case.

Our professional fee is 2,500 Baht plus &% Vat if he like our help in applying.

www.lawyer.th.com

• 2 weeks later...